Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 07:22 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,731,086 times

Advertisements

the human mind chooses to see what it wants to see.
I see a man of God ( I see king david's son taking on the ultimate goliath/ death and sin / and spared no personal cost to do it for us . ) fighting to restore mankind to it former glory and give them eternal peace from the same death that men created
by their rebellion and all the things in their they have created since that day.

NOw you see a vindictive God fighting mankind and killing all of them.

someday we will all find out who is right.

but I know from my own trials with him lately ..
We will all be confronted with the God we know. Not because your right but because that is how our souls will react to him. and unless you give him another chance and take another look from another angle .. your heart will react as it wants too inspite of reality.
All I can say now is good luck dear as we all drink that tear in our beer.. .!
that show will be starting in a moment ..
so NOW turn off your cells phones before the movie starts.!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 07:40 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,607,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
He's not "part God". He's fully God. He's also fully man. He has 2 natures. What makes him special is that he's God. And as a man, he was tempted in every way, but did not sin. No man alive can do that or has done that.

He lived sinless, then died. As an innocent man, and he rose again. He didn't just go to sleep. He is the 2nd person of the Trinity, and he, who knew no sin, was said to become sin. What makes it so great is the fact that God himself took on our sin. The infinitely holy, perfect God of the universe chose to become one of his creation and died a criminal's death. How do I know that he suffered? In John 17 we read of his agony as he looked forward to it. He knew it was more than just a 3 day "sleep" and he was scared.
jesus chrst BFun, you’re all over the place.

If jesus is god as you say, does he have a man/god switch and which one of the three (jesus, daddy, or ghost)controls that switch?

You say a god can die, was he just a man then.

You got jesus resisting temptation... was that man jesus or god jesus?

And if jesus IS god and he is at the right hand of himself, where’s the sacrifice BFun?

Old 09-07-2018, 07:47 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I should be.. 'Jesus gave up his week-end for your sins.'
I must say,
that was probably the funniest statement I've read.
At the crux of this ...tho, it seems blasphemous to devout Christians...there is much wisdom,
since 'if' it is believed that
Jesus was God incarnate, in full...you are exactly correct ...it was a 'show'.

Personally, if that 'show' was what it took for people to break their paper chains and feeeeeel as if,
believe they were now free to enter in Heaven...good job.
God had to step in and 'do something' to stop people from stoning adulterers already!!

At least people stopped and 'tried' to be forgiving and loving instead....that alone makes Jesus so great...
He changed the entire paradigm from, say, stoning sinners and shunning outsiders to loving them.
He changed (for me) a life of worry and fear about daily life with mortgage, insurance, car repairs,
health to a life of freedom and success just by following what he said to do.

*Comments that: not all DO what he said... will be unnecessary because we all know
about the Crusades and Inquisition...the ignorant will always do ignorant acts.

But, those that do what Jesus advised know they were saved from a life
of turmoils and emotional bondage.

(Examples: Give him your burdens, do not worry, care not for your food and shelter,
Ask believe and receive,
be anxious for nothing, focus on the things above, know that when you approach God he hears you ...
BELIEVE)

Old 09-07-2018, 07:56 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
He's not "part God". He's fully God. He's also fully man. He has 2 natures. What makes him special is that he's God. And as a man, he was tempted in every way, but did not sin. No man alive can do that or has done that.

He lived sinless, then died. As an innocent man, and he rose again. He didn't just go to sleep. He is the 2nd person of the Trinity, and he, who knew no sin, was said to become sin. What makes it so great is the fact that God himself took on our sin. The infinitely holy, perfect God of the universe chose to become one of his creation and died a criminal's death. How do I know that he suffered? In John 17 we read of his agony as he looked forward to it. He knew it was more than just a 3 day "sleep" and he was scared.
And you don’t realize how idiotic and illogical that all sounds...

Old 09-07-2018, 07:58 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
the human mind chooses to see what it wants to see.
I see a man of God ( I see king david's son taking on the ultimate goliath/ death and sin / and spared no personal cost to do it for us . ) fighting to restore mankind to it former glory and give them eternal peace from the same death that men created
by their rebellion and all the things in their they have created since that day.

NOw you see a vindictive God fighting mankind and killing all of them.

someday we will all find out who is right.

but I know from my own trials with him lately ..
We will all be confronted with the God we know. Not because your right but because that is how our souls will react to him. and unless you give him another chance and take another look from another angle .. your heart will react as it wants too inspite of reality.
All I can say now is good luck dear as we all drink that tear in our beer.. .!
that show will be starting in a moment ..
so NOW turn off your cells phones before the movie starts.!
And your mind chooses to see what it wants to see...

Old 09-07-2018, 08:03 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
And your mind chooses to see what it wants to see...
Thank you A good response to what was no more than a lot of Personal faith claims with the vague Hellthreat, set in Biblicale poetics to make it sound impressive.

Old 09-07-2018, 08:08 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
jesus chrst BFun, you’re all over the place.

If jesus is god as you say, does he have a man/god switch and which one of the three (jesus, daddy, or ghost)controls that switch?

You say a god can die, was he just a man then.

You got jesus resisting temptation... was that man jesus or god jesus?

And if jesus IS god and he is at the right hand of himself, where’s the sacrifice BFun?
Indeed. So how can God not know who touched Him, or that there is no point in preaching to those destined to reject him. Why is God asking himself to be let off crucifixion and saying No?

The amusing thing is that Bible-critics have the answers to all this - Christian apologists have to say that it's a mystery that only God understands.

Old 09-07-2018, 08:19 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
The story of Jesus the man is interesting - a rebel with a cause.

The story of Jesus the one-third, god-thing is where it becomes risible.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:47 AM

463 posts, read 189,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
The bible says that Jesus was without "sin" It says essentially that humans are to emulate him and look up to him in addition to being the "world's savior" I ask you this...if Jesus was part god, then what made his "sinless" life so great then? If you have supernatural god like powers to resist this so called "sin" for the roughly 33 years he was supposed to have lived, why is this considered so great? Then he takes a "sleep" for 3 days or descends to hell or whatever and then goes back to heaven? What is so great about that as a sacrifice? The whole Jesus thing makes no sense to me at all.
He is both fully God and fully Man - which answers all your questions

Old 09-07-2018, 10:06 AM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The cross of Christ is judgment for God on man , where people souls can be in unity with the living God through out eternity ...........See this judgment of God is were Jesus was lynched on the cross by people who were had the sin of envy by the unseen devil of this world , so sin comes under the spiritual authority of the devil .........God raised up Jesus to life and gave Jesus this authority for eternal life with God for all that will come to Him ......... So people must turn to Jesus and then reject sin of the devil through repentance , and God will protect them and give His spirit on these people who reject the devil, as the cross of Christ is judgment for all salvation and blessings from the Living God
We know the routine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality