Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 03:41 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,698,337 times

Advertisements

Jesus may have been "perfect" but he was mean to pigs, and figs...........................And he didn't much like church bazaars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 03:42 PM

297 posts, read 166,876 times
The issue I have with faith crazy (or faithful) people is that every argument to them can easily be solved with a passage from their holy book.

Yet, they'll gladly seek a 2nd opinion on a medical diagnosis, on car repairs, on house remodeling and just about everything else out there.

I'm perfectly fine with them having a 1 stop shop from where to get all the answers to the God question. But it seems they only need 1 opinion to believe God is omnipotent and/or it exists and they need more than 1 in all other matters of life. And since belief in God is the most important thing in their lives, why not look for a 2nd opinion on that?

Old 09-07-2018, 03:51 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
When you look back just through this thread, the things they make up to justify their opinions...things they couldn't possibly know...it's amazing.
YOU WOULD HAVE NO CLUE WHAT WE MIGHT POSSIBLY KNOW.. WE HAVE A GOD WHO LIKES TO REVEAL HIMSELF TO US. EVEN WHEN WE ARE NOT READY FOR IT ! AND HE IS A REALLY SMARTY PANTS TOO..

HE AND I HAVE A GIANT GAME OF CANDYLAND OF "SHOOTS AND LADDERS" GOING ON.. AND TO THINK YOU WON'T EVER GET TO PLAY IT WITH HIM. NOPE YOU WONT' BECAUSE of HE WASN'T REAL TO YOU..
BUT HE IS REAL REALLY REAL TO ME! ABD HE IS REAL WITH ME AND HE IS REALLY REAL.. AND HE IS REALLY CUTE AND SWEET TOO.. THAT IS WHY WE PLAY CANDYLAND, BECAUSE HE IS SWEET TO ME..
LIKE I SAID YOU ALL WILL DEAL WITH THE GOD YOU KNOW..
MY GOD AND HIS SON AND I PLAY LIFE SIZED "CANDYLAND" AND OTHER SUCH GAMES AND PUZZLES..
SEEK AND FIND IS ALWAYS HIS VERY FIRST GAME. IF YOU DO NOT SEEK TO FIND HIM . HE CERTAINLY WILL NOT PLAY OTHER GAMES WITH YOU EITHER !!
HE STATE CLEARLY UNLESS YOU COME TO HIM AS A CHILD.. SO I DID.

ISN'T HE ADORABLE..

https://www.google.com/search?q=akia...hrome&ie=UTF-8

THIS IS THE PICTURE PAINTED BY AN ATHEIST'S DAUGHTER THE FIRST ONE SHE PAINTED SHE WAS 8 YEARS OLD.. AKIANA . WHO WAS NEVER TOLD ABOUT JESUS IT WAS CONFIRMED TO BE JESUS BY THE 4 YEAR CHRISTIAN CHILD WHO WENT TO HEAVEN NAMED BURPO. WHO MET HIS GRANDPA( WHO WAS YOUNG) AND HIS MISCARRIED SISTER .. HE NEVER KNEW ABOUT.. IT IS QUITE FAMOUS STORY BUT I HAVE NO DOUBTS THAT FOLKS LIKE YOU MIGHT HAVE SOME IGNOR-ANCE
OF EVERYTHING THAT IS EVIDENCE.
AND YES I SAW THIS GUY FOR THE FIRST TIME AT ABOUT 16 YEARS OLD.
I CALL HIM "BIG BROTHER" !

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 09-07-2018 at 04:42 PM..

Old 09-07-2018, 03:55 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Yeah, whether it was a man named Jesus or some sort of move forward and away from the "we must appease an angry God who condemns sinners" mindset (however incremental that move was) in the consciousness of a group of people, something happened in that time and place that I am extremely grateful for.
Good way to put it; it was a Shift for man.

Old 09-07-2018, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Jesus may have been "perfect" but he was mean to pigs, and figs........And he didn't much like church bazaars.
Hysterical.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
That Jesus guy...
Summed up the formula for the ideal way of human conduct and interaction
with three words: "Love Each Other".
The dude has more mojo than any other, ever...
Simple and clear.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:16 PM

937 posts, read 744,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
The bible says that Jesus was without "sin" It says essentially that humans are to emulate him and look up to him in addition to being the "world's savior" I ask you this...if Jesus was part god, then what made his "sinless" life so great then? If you have supernatural god like powers to resist this so called "sin" for the roughly 33 years he was supposed to have lived, why is this considered so great? Then he takes a "sleep" for 3 days or descends to hell or whatever and then goes back to heaven? What is so great about that as a sacrifice? The whole Jesus thing makes no sense to me at all.
Without 'sin' means that he fully recognized and experienced himself as Source Energy in physical form and he lived in a state of faith and trust versus separation and fear while on Earth. This was his great feat. He walked with one foot in the physical realm and the other foot in the unseen, non-physical realm and was able to perform 'miracles' which in part means extremely good at manifesting. He was able to heal due to the immense pure, positive energy that flowed through his being. He is a Savior in the sense that he has shown humans the way out of experiencing themselves as only human which results in delusion, misperception of reality, and thus suffering. We are humans but also extensions of the One Consciousness, God, Source, Infinite Intelligence...whatever one wants to label the power and intelligence that underlies and gives rise to all of creation. The label doesn't matter. (It is only a pointer to what exits but people grasp onto the pointers versus what the pointer is pointing to.) He taught spiritual laws. He was/is a master, enlightened teacher just like the Buddha was/is.

Old 09-07-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe333 View Post
Without 'sin' means that he fully recognized and experienced himself as Source Energy in physical form and he lived in a state of faith and trust versus separation and fear while on Earth. This was his great feat.

He walked with one foot in the physical realm and the other foot in the unseen, non-physical realm and was able to perform 'miracles' which in part means extremely good at manifesting. He was able to heal due to the immense pure, positive energy that flowed through his being. He is a Savior in the sense that he has shown humans the way out of experiencing themselves as only human which results in delusion, misperception of reality, and thus suffering.

We are humans but also extensions of the One Consciousness, God, Source, Infinite Intelligence...whatever one wants to label the power and intelligence that underlies and gives rise to all of creation.

The label doesn't matter. (It is only a pointer to what exits but people grasp onto the pointers versus what the pointer is pointing to.) He taught spiritual laws. He was/is a master, enlightened teacher just like the Buddha was/is.
You go girl!!
He realized who he was, where he came from, and where he was going!
He was Self aware and aware of reality! And everything you said above.

(paragraphs help us old timers, btw)

Old 09-07-2018, 05:31 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
YOU WOULD HAVE NO CLUE WHAT WE MIGHT POSSIBLY KNOW.. WE HAVE A GOD WHO LIKES TO REVEAL HIMSELF TO US. EVEN WHEN WE ARE NOT READY FOR IT ! AND HE IS A REALLY SMARTY PANTS TOO..

HE AND I HAVE A GIANT GAME OF CANDYLAND OF "SHOOTS AND LADDERS" GOING ON.. AND TO THINK YOU WON'T EVER GET TO PLAY IT WITH HIM. NOPE YOU WONT' BECAUSE of HE WASN'T REAL TO YOU..
BUT HE IS REAL REALLY REAL TO ME! ABD HE IS REAL WITH ME AND HE IS REALLY REAL.. AND HE IS REALLY CUTE AND SWEET TOO.. THAT IS WHY WE PLAY CANDYLAND, BECAUSE HE IS SWEET TO ME..
LIKE I SAID YOU ALL WILL DEAL WITH THE GOD YOU KNOW..
MY GOD AND HIS SON AND I PLAY LIFE SIZED "CANDYLAND" AND OTHER SUCH GAMES AND PUZZLES..
SEEK AND FIND IS ALWAYS HIS VERY FIRST GAME. IF YOU DO NOT SEEK TO FIND HIM . HE CERTAINLY WILL NOT PLAY OTHER GAMES WITH YOU EITHER !!
HE STATE CLEARLY UNLESS YOU COME TO HIM AS A CHILD.. SO I DID.

ISN'T HE ADORABLE..

https://www.google.com/search?q=akia...hrome&ie=UTF-8

THIS IS THE PICTURE PAINTED BY AN ATHEIST'S DAUGHTER THE FIRST ONE SHE PAINTED SHE WAS 8 YEARS OLD.. AKIANA . WHO WAS NEVER TOLD ABOUT JESUS IT WAS CONFIRMED TO BE JESUS BY THE 4 YEAR CHRISTIAN CHILD WHO WENT TO HEAVEN NAMED BURPO. WHO MET HIS GRANDPA( WHO WAS YOUNG) AND HIS MISCARRIED SISTER .. HE NEVER KNEW ABOUT.. IT IS QUITE FAMOUS STORY BUT I HAVE NO DOUBTS THAT FOLKS LIKE YOU MIGHT HAVE SOME IGNOR-ANCE
OF EVERYTHING THAT IS EVIDENCE.
AND YES I SAW THIS GUY FOR THE FIRST TIME AT ABOUT 16 YEARS OLD.
I CALL HIM "BIG BROTHER" !

Oooooooooooo. It's magic revelation time.

That's one of the most bizarre posts I've seen in this forum.

Old 09-07-2018, 05:56 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
oooooooooooo. It's magic revelation time.

That's one of the most bizarre posts i've seen in this forum.
you do not believe he is alive , he is ! And everyone will meet him one day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality