Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 09:26 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
You mean the community that gave Ham some money, as he promised jobs and a boost to tourism, but the community is getting nothing?

But why bother with uncomfortable truths when you can just straw man atheists.

And it HAS created jobs -- both in the construction, as well as operation. Who takes tickets? Serves food?
Cleans? Does everything else there? if you're interested, they're hiring: https://arkencounter.com/jobs/

But there are no jobs, based on what you say.

And I personally know several people that would have no reason to go to that part of the country if not for the exhibit...so sounds like they spent some tourism dollars. Hotel rooms, restaurants, etc....the cost does add up.

But you say there is no tourism.

Good grief, does it never get old? You guys are just so negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2018, 09:31 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
You mean the community that gave Ham some money, as he promised jobs and a boost to tourism, but the community is getting nothing?

But why bother with uncomfortable truths when you can just straw man atheists.

A lot of money, and free land.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:46 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
And it HAS created jobs -- both in the construction, as well as operation. Who takes tickets? Serves food?
Cleans? Does everything else there? if you're interested, they're hiring: https://arkencounter.com/jobs/

And I personally know several people that would have no reason to go to that part of the country if not for the exhibit...so sounds like they spent some tourism dollars. Hotel rooms, restaurants, etc....the cost does add up.

That's really It, isn't it. This Thing cost millions. And what have they got back? People eating and staying locally? Sure they won't go on somewhere or drive back overnight? Damn' the exhibit itself costs enough with parking, and you can eat There - what caff in the town will get the benefit?

Hiring is going to be slow. you hire your ticket salespersons, restaurant staff and security thugs to stop people filming how empty the place is, and then it's a trickle of turnover staff. And not much point in Goddless bastards applying. Did you read the contract? "Only Creationists need apply."

I know that you can't see it as we do, but Imagine if some Mosque and Masjid near you got taxpayer millions and free land to build a Quranic truth experience with the avowed intent of bringing people the Truth of Islam? Wouldn't you save the tears if you heard that it wasn't doing so well, and the local Mayor who'd been promised that it would brings millions flocking in to spend money like drunk sailors in Pattaya was telling the press that it had brought hardly any tourist dollars their way? As was the case here,

However, if you are going to visit the Eyesore, the Creation diorama and Bible -Disneyland, do take videos, and post here. We'd be interested to see you trip, even though we wouldn't waste two cents on Hamm's Ark ourselves.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
That's really It, isn't it. This Thing cost millions. And what have they got back? People eating and staying locally? Sure they won't go on somewhere or drive back overnight? Damn' the exhibit itself costs enough with parking, and you can eat There - what caff in the town will get the benefit?
When I go, we'll probably spend a couple days there. Including at least 1 overnight. And we will eat out.
Quote:
Hiring is going to be slow. you hire your ticket salespersons, restaurant staff and security thugs to stop people filming how empty the place is, and then it's a trickle of turnover staff. And not much point in Goddless bastards applying. Did you read the contract? "Only Creationists need apply."
I guess we're done here.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:49 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:

Negative? I do not live in the town that is complaining about being back stabbed. I guess you could not be bothered to investigate this for yourself, as I suggested.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Negative? I do not live in the town that is complaining about being back stabbed. I guess you could not be bothered to investigate this for yourself, as I suggested.
I'm quite confident that there are a good number of people there that like it. But the vocal minority always gets the press. Just like when Google puts a data center in an area..the ones that benefit love it. But there's always some old codger that gets interviewed that thinks Google is just sponging off the community.

The media likes people like you. They need negative Nancies to read their hit pieces.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:59 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
Right. Your apathy to religion,Christianity in particular, is evident by your obsessive posting to trash it.
You really need to actually read what was said.

It's about PUBLIC money going to ONE religion. I asked, why should atheists, Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims and Jews have to subsidized a christian venue.

I asked, how you would fee if PUBLIC money subsidized a Muslim museum?

You avoided those comments exceptionally well. Try answering them. Please.

Old 09-21-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You really need to actually read what was said.

It's about PUBLIC money going to ONE religion. I asked, why should atheists, Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims and Jews had to subsidized a christian venue.

I asked, how you would fee if PUBLIC money subsidized a Muslim museum?

You avoided those comments exceptionally well. Try answering them. Please.
You must be extremely naive if you think no muslim cause ever gets public money.

Actually, the way this is classified, my understanding is that the ark is not a non-profit. So this is not government sponsorship of a religion. This is no different than if they gave the tax breaks to google to put in a datacenter.

Old 09-21-2018, 10:06 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
I'm quite confident that there are a good number of people there that like it. But the vocal minority always gets the press. Just like when Google puts a data center in an area..the ones that benefit love it. But there's always some old codger that gets interviewed that thinks Google is just sponging off the community.

The media likes people like you. They need negative Nancies to read their hit pieces.
Or you could research this for yourself instead of making up excuses.

The town is called Williamstown. Go and Google the problems.

Old 09-21-2018, 10:14 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
You must be extremely naive if you think no muslim cause ever gets public money.

Actually, the way this is classified, my understanding is that the ark is not a non-profit. So this is not government sponsorship of a religion. This is no different than if they gave the tax breaks to google to put in a datacenter.
How did you like that slippery move Ham did to try and avoid the .50 tax per admission? Sold it to himself as a non-profit, and then when he learned he would lose most of the public money, sold it back from Crosswater Canyon to the original entity.

So your earlier statement that it was a ministry was a falsehood.

Looks like you would support a Muslim museum then with public funds that is structured the same way the Ark Encounter is. Maybe on donated land right next to the Ari Park?

They could call it Abrahamic Center.

Wadda ya think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality