Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2018, 04:26 AM

16,783 posts, read 4,986,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Have you stopped beating your wife, Harry?
I never have beaten my wife. I see you do not understand the difference between a loaded question and a factual one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2018, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The government hired independent research groups and determined that the attraction would be a boost to the local economy. If there is anyone to blame, it's the government for getting the research wrong. Ken did bring jobs and thousands of visitors, but he couldn't force them to build hotels nearby so people would stay in town and shop in local businesses.

It is just sad and pathetic that the park is already being declared a complete failure just because an apparent drop in ticket sales. I imagine your side would dance with glee if someone torched the thing. Atheists just disgust me more and more.
Then stop building those atheist straw men if they revolt you.

Oh, I forgot, you have a lot of straw.

Old 09-22-2018, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Oh please, I've played this silly game before. More condescending garbage. Funny when you mentioned zombies. That's how I see atheists. Zombies for Satan. You all sound IDENTICAL, with the exact same venom and bile dripping off your posts. I have more toenails than the number of nice friendly atheists I have EVER encountered.

I can't debate with someone close minded. You've already demonstrated that you have such animosity built up against my Lord and Savior that pretty much nothing can penetrate when someone has harden their heart that much against God.
Lol, projection and Jeff once again admits his god can NOT exist due to him hating all the other gods. therefore they must exist, which means Jeff's one and only god can not.

Old 09-22-2018, 05:11 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,605,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
That's French for you can't respond.

I've seen others make comments about you. I now am understanding why. You act much like a petulant child, an immature teenager. You throw out challenges, ask questions, and when they are responded to in a manner you can't refute, you're like a turtle, and hide in your shell.

Jeff, how do you expect ever to learn anything? I don't think you are capable of honest debate.

I'll give you someone on here who does that well... Katzpur. I think her religious beliefs are as wacky as yours, but she is a pleasure to debate with. I won't convert her, nor she me, but I can't think of many who have had discussions with her that don't respect her.

Try and be a little more like Katzpur, and less like the Jeff, the little boy. It would suit you well. Try it. Try being cogent, try not screaming "persecution" at every turn. You may be surprised at the response.

Jeff doesn’t have the free will to think for himself.

Proverbs 3:5-6 New Living Translation (NLT)

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.

Amen, right jeffbase?

Old 09-22-2018, 05:49 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,605,673 times
Stay stupid for jesus.

Old 09-22-2018, 05:59 AM

179 posts, read 80,679 times
Ah, so now the Dawkins cultists are attacking theme parks? l

Lol yes they're very rational and educated n stuff. Apparently there is no demand for any of their alleged intelligence, since they have a lot of time on their hands if they're reduced to that.

Old 09-22-2018, 06:03 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,655,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Does the shoe fit? Then be a man and wear it.

How many tax dollars have the followers of Thor cost the citizens of the country? Are Thor followers trying to impose their philosophy on the leaders of the land?

If they were, you bet many of us would be all over them like white on rice.

You really don't get it do you? Most atheists really don't care whatever imaginary entity you want to believe is your god. We really don't.

But....

But, we DO care that so many christians want to impose their beliefs on the other public, through laws and through tax exemptions. That's what we want to stop. We DO care when christian beliefs impact children in a negative way, that children are indoctrinated into a belief system before they can make up their own minds as adults, and we do care that when leaders in the various christian sects and cults abuse and violate those children. That's what we care about.

Of course the Ark Encounter has hurt people. It has taken tax dollars from the citizens of Kentucky that could have been used for everyone, and used it for a self-agrandment project for Ken Ham. He's been trying to shear the religious sheep, but has found out that the flock is not as large as it used to be.

Again, Jeff, we as atheist have no issue if you want to believe in whatever takes your fancy and makes you feel good. Just keep it to yourself, or, if you feel the need to go to a building to cavort with your fellow believers, pay your fair share of the municipal services that building uses. Just like everyone else.

I wonder, What Would Janus Do?
It appears that some on this board are still ignorant (possibly willfully) of "How The World Works".
See, the way it REALLY is, and HOW IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN...is that people want things to be the way THEY prefer them to be.
This is true no matter what issue or matter is at hand.
Since 4 out of 5 people in this world embrace some theological concept...that is what will influentially dominate.
Atheism...that has much less acceptance, and even less "mojo" (except to get its adherents to be viewed as The Most Hated and Least Trusted...it is really good at that) will continue to get trounced and crushed in The Arena of World Merit and Influence.
Right or Wrong, Good or Bad...that is just how it is.
That is how you get major government backing of The Ark Encounter, and myriad other things like that.
And there is nothing anyone is going to do to change that any time soon. MOF...the world is becoming MORE religious.
So, those that get all bolloxed-up by that, better learn to cope...or they will live their life in constant angst, while anything they do to try to stop it will be not unlike spitting into a strong wind.

Old 09-22-2018, 06:12 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Last two posts are the whiskery old 'why do atheists bother with what they don't like?'

and Goldie's never ending broken record 'you will never get rid of religion'.

Both are irrelevant and not even very interesting and add nothing to the discussion.

Old 09-22-2018, 06:26 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,655,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Last two posts are the whiskery old 'why do atheists bother with what they don't like?'

and Goldie's never ending broken record 'you will never get rid of religion'.

Both are irrelevant and not even very interesting and add nothing to the discussion.
Wrong! It not only adds to the discussion...it is the crux of the matter!
You think, because you are on the losing (as per merit and influence) side...pretending it is not what is at the very core of all these issues will somehow increase the efficacy of your protest and resistance.
It may serve to provide you some emotional satisfaction...but that is about all it is gonna do.
Meanwhile...The Ark Encounter, jillions of visitors to Vatican City, tax exemption for theology based groups, and most government officials praising their God, will continue on and on. And you won't be able to do squat about it.

Old 09-22-2018, 06:38 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Irrelevant, even if you are correct. As usual, you declare yourself (your arguing -standpoint) the winner before the game's even over.

I doubt that even religious believers are impressed. We goddlesss bastards are simply groaning as at a rather feeble joke that some would - be smartass forever keeps repeating in the vain hope that somebody will laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality