Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2018, 06:39 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
What a way to win friends and influence people. Wow.

Who knew?

Talk to Frick, and Frack pops up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2018, 06:48 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,351,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The park is constantly in the process of adding new attractions so there is incentive to visit again. BTW, Christianity is still the world's largest religion. That means potential millions and millions of visitors, plenty of business even if everyone only is a one timer.
Christians are still plentiful in South America. But there are few South Americans that are likely to journey to all the way to the US just to see the ark. Christian membership is falling like a stone in the US. The Ark Experience is in the heart of Bible country this is true. But once those people have seen it a few times, interest will inevitably wane. The ark is destined to be sold for scrap. I give it six years. Ten Tops.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:19 PM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
That's French for you can't respond.

I've seen others make comments about you. I now am understanding why. You act much like a petulant child, an immature teenager. You throw out challenges, ask questions, and when they are responded to in a manner you can't refute, you're like a turtle, and hide in your shell.

Jeff, how do you expect ever to learn anything? I don't think you are capable of honest debate.

I'll give you someone on here who does that well... Katzpur. I think her religious beliefs are as wacky as yours, but she is a pleasure to debate with. I won't convert her, nor she me, but I can't think of many who have had discussions with her that don't respect her.

Try and be a little more like Katzpur, and less like the Jeff, the little boy. It would suit you well. Try it. Try being cogent, try not screaming "persecution" at every turn. You may be surprised at the response.
Oh please, I've played this silly game before. More condescending garbage. Funny when you mentioned zombies. That's how I see atheists. Zombies for Satan. You all sound IDENTICAL, with the exact same venom and bile dripping off your posts. I have more toenails than the number of nice friendly atheists I have EVER encountered.

I can't debate with someone close minded. You've already demonstrated that you have such animosity built up against my Lord and Savior that pretty much nothing can penetrate when someone has harden their heart that much against God.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:43 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Oh please, I've played this silly game before. More condescending garbage. Funny when you mentioned zombies. That's how I see atheists. Zombies for Satan. You all sound IDENTICAL, with the exact same venom and bile dripping off your posts. I have more toenails than the number of nice friendly atheists I have EVER encountered.

I can't debate with someone close minded. You've already demonstrated that you have such animosity built up against my Lord and Savior that pretty much nothing can penetrate when someone has harden their heart that much against God.
If it's such a silly game...why do you keep playing? No one has handcuffed you to the forum.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:04 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
Not answering again, I see, but crying "persecution!".

Quote:
How can I have animosity against entities I don't believe in? Tell me, Jeff, how?

I have as much animosity against your idol, Yahweh, as I do against Thor. Do you have animosity against Thor?

You don't because Thor is irrelevant to you, you don't believe in Thor, and you don't care about Thor. In other words, you are an atheist about Thor.

See how that works?

Old 09-21-2018, 08:12 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,872,913 times
Quote:

Isn't that similar to how you feel about Islam or any other non-Christian religion?

Old 09-21-2018, 09:10 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times
Zombies for Satan. Well, that's another new one.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:26 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,060,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Zombies for Satan. Well, that's another new one.
"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:"

1 Thessalonians 4:16

Old 09-21-2018, 09:33 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
What a way to win friends and influence people. Wow.

Yeah, truth-telling. Definitely NOT the fundie way.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:34 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,092,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Official results show that once again attendance is down at the creationist Ark Encounter for August, the second month in a row.

How do we know this as a fact? The local government assesses a .50 fee per admission to fund fire and other safety issues to all facilities. The report of August is in the above link.

Many of us atheists are not surprised. For you fundamentalists out there, try some thoughts and prayers.

2017:
July: 142,626 (Safety Fee amount: $71,313.00)
August: 106,161 ($53,080.50)

2018:

July: 135,922 ($67,961.00)
August: 98,106 ($49,053.00)

Imagine all the good the some $100 million it took in public and Ham fisted fund raising could have done, say, in Haiti. Just imagine.
I am a believee and even though I am not a Christian I agree with your notion.

There is ** A LOT OF MONEY ** that gets spent (wasted) in rituals and somewhat useless or of low importance practices in almost all religions.

This money can be used and well spent in a lot of better ways that could help humanity and on those who are in desperate need of very basic necessities.

IMO, a dollar spent to help someone is a lot better than $100 million spent on building a house of worship.

God does not need a high end fancy building to be pleased but he will reward you and help you in times of your needs when YOU help those who are in need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality