Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2018, 09:34 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Who knew?

Talk to Frick, and Frack pops up.

Yeah. The "nice" codger. Even if he does say so himself....and nobody else does....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2018, 10:26 PM

10,088 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Not answering again, I see, but crying "persecution!".
And yet you had to resort to attacking me personally. Such a lame tactic.

Quote:

How can I have animosity against entities I don't believe in? Tell me, Jeff, how?

I have as much animosity against your idol, Yahweh, as I do against Thor. Do you have animosity against Thor?
WEll now, you certainly don't invest daily into attacking people who believe in Thor, right? The fact that atheists like you just have this irresistible need to constantly try to tear down our faith is evidence to support Christianity. The Ark Encounter hasn't hurt anyone. Most people enjoy the attraction. Why kept atheists leave well enough alone and get on with their lives?

Old 09-21-2018, 10:36 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,870,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

WEll now, you certainly don't invest daily into attacking people who believe in Thor, right? The fact that atheists like you just have this irresistible need to constantly try to tear down our faith is evidence to support Christianity. The Ark Encounter hasn't hurt anyone. Most people enjoy the attraction. Why kept atheists leave well enough alone and get on with their lives?
One month I had about 6 unsolicited visits to my front door from the same Christian church. Do you call that "leaving well enough alone"?

Not to mention the use of their non-taxed gargantuan wealth to change public policy.

Is that more than Thor's followers do?

Old 09-21-2018, 11:02 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
Does the shoe fit? Then be a man and wear it.

Quote:
WEll now, you certainly don't invest daily into attacking people who believe in Thor, right?
How many tax dollars have the followers of Thor cost the citizens of the country? Are Thor followers trying to impose their philosophy on the leaders of the land?

If they were, you bet many of us would be all over them like white on rice.

Quote:
The fact that atheists like you just have this irresistible need to constantly try to tear down our faith is evidence to support Christianity.
You really don't get it do you? Most atheists really don't care whatever imaginary entity you want to believe is your god. We really don't.

But....

But, we DO care that so many christians want to impose their beliefs on the other public, through laws and through tax exemptions. That's what we want to stop. We DO care when christian beliefs impact children in a negative way, that children are indoctrinated into a belief system before they can make up their own minds as adults, and we do care that when leaders in the various christian sects and cults abuse and violate those children. That's what we care about.

Quote:
The Ark Encounter hasn't hurt anyone. Most people enjoy the attraction. Why kept atheists leave well enough alone and get on with their lives?
Of course the Ark Encounter has hurt people. It has taken tax dollars from the citizens of Kentucky that could have been used for everyone, and used it for a self-agrandment project for Ken Ham. He's been trying to shear the religious sheep, but has found out that the flock is not as large as it used to be.

Again, Jeff, we as atheist have no issue if you want to believe in whatever takes your fancy and makes you feel good. Just keep it to yourself, or, if you feel the need to go to a building to cavort with your fellow believers, pay your fair share of the municipal services that building uses. Just like everyone else.

I wonder, What Would Janus Do?

Old 09-21-2018, 11:13 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
That's French for you can't respond.

I've seen others make comments about you. I now am understanding why. You act much like a petulant child, an immature teenager. You throw out challenges, ask questions, and when they are responded to in a manner you can't refute, you're like a turtle, and hide in your shell.

Jeff, how do you expect ever to learn anything? I don't think you are capable of honest debate.

I'll give you someone on here who does that well... Katzpur. I think her religious beliefs are as wacky as yours, but she is a pleasure to debate with. I won't convert her, nor she me, but I can't think of many who have had discussions with her that don't respect her.

Try and be a little more like Katzpur, and less like the Jeff, the little boy. It would suit you well. Try it. Try being cogent, try not screaming "persecution" at every turn. You may be surprised at the response.
I'd agree that Katz is one of the best religious -debators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
What a way to win friends and influence people. Wow.
And you, old son, are one of the worst.

Quote:
Oh please, I've played this silly game before. More condescending garbage. Funny when you mentioned zombies. That's how I see atheists. Zombies for Satan. You all sound IDENTICAL, with the exact same venom and bile dripping off your posts. I have more toenails than the number of nice friendly atheists I have EVER encountered.

I can't debate with someone close minded. You've already demonstrated that you have such animosity built up against my Lord and Savior that pretty much nothing can penetrate when someone has harden their heart that much against God.
Keep going with the projection Jeff. You are doing a splendid job of making yourself and your Creed look bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You know better than that.
Or, more pathetically, perhaps you don't know better than that.
Christians just disgust me more and more.

Jeff may know better than that, deep down, but (like the others) is refusing to see it. He constructs a strawman of atheists wanting to sabotage the Ark, which is not what we want to see. We want people to see the whole sham and financial scandal for what it is.

He needs a mucky enough strawman to validate his disgust, as the actual atheist position would make his digust look like what it is - faith -based intolerance of any belief but his.

In fact I would understand his disgust at atheists being disgusted at a Theme park paid for by believers, not the public, devoted to peddling belief in old legends. And I would be unmoved by that as it is what I'd expect. Just as he ought expect us to be disgusted at Ken Hamm indoctrinating kids with Creationist garbage and addle -pated anti -science propaganda. But ascribing acts of arson to us is reflecting more badly on Jeff than it is on us. Once the malicious Strawman is pointed out.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 09-21-2018 at 11:32 PM..

Old 09-21-2018, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I am a believee and even though I am not a Christian I agree with your notion.

There is ** A LOT OF MONEY ** that gets spent (wasted) in rituals and somewhat useless or of low importance practices in almost all religions.

This money can be used and well spent in a lot of better ways that could help humanity and on those who are in desperate need of very basic necessities.

IMO, a dollar spent to help someone is a lot better than $100 million spent on building a house of worship.

God does not need a high end fancy building to be pleased but he will reward you and help you in times of your needs when YOU help those who are in need.
You seem to be on your way to irreligious theism. Keep up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Zombies for Satan. Well, that's another new one.
I may borrow that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:"

1 Thessalonians 4:16
Now I understand why, in the films, they cry out for brains.

Old 09-21-2018, 11:41 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Zombies for Satan. Well, that's another new one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I may borrow that one .

Great name for a rock band!

Old 09-21-2018, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Great name for a rock band!
Oh....the heaviest of metal, surely.

Quote:

Jeff, Oh Jeff, You posted a hate -filled diatribe at atheists and the response, saying that this was no more than avoidance of a fair response is represented by you as a personal attack.

And, regarding our opposition to the myths and fantasies peddled by Christians, which is bad enough, but the crazier ones of Genesis -literalist creationists are even worse. Add to that the reprehensible aspects of the funding, land - donation, pretty much, and the appalling practice on staffing at Hamm's Ark, and I think our jaundiced attitude towards this monstrous folly is understandable, even if you don't agree, and your near hysterical reaction is doing you no favours.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:52 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Does the shoe fit? Then be a man and wear it.

How many tax dollars have the followers of Thor cost the citizens of the country? Are Thor followers trying to impose their philosophy on the leaders of the land?

If they were, you bet many of us would be all over them like white on rice.

You really don't get it do you? Most atheists really don't care whatever imaginary entity you want to believe is your god. We really don't.

But....

But, we DO care that so many christians want to impose their beliefs on the other public, through laws and through tax exemptions. That's what we want to stop. We DO care when christian beliefs impact children in a negative way, that children are indoctrinated into a belief system before they can make up their own minds as adults, and we do care that when leaders in the various christian sects and cults abuse and violate those children. That's what we care about.

Of course the Ark Encounter has hurt people. It has taken tax dollars from the citizens of Kentucky that could have been used for everyone, and used it for a self-agrandment project for Ken Ham. He's been trying to shear the religious sheep, but has found out that the flock is not as large as it used to be.

Again, Jeff, we as atheist have no issue if you want to believe in whatever takes your fancy and makes you feel good. Just keep it to yourself, or, if you feel the need to go to a building to cavort with your fellow believers, pay your fair share of the municipal services that building uses. Just like everyone else.

I wonder, What Would Janus Do?

The tax dollars thing is n9t even a concern for me. That tax payers have invested dollars to support a structure which goes against not only the best science and other religions but also goes against the beliefs of many Christians. To support an anti science museum is determental to society and the best interests of ALL children.

Old 09-22-2018, 04:10 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
One month I had about 6 unsolicited visits to my front door from the same Christian church. Do you call that "leaving well enough alone"?

Not to mention the use of their non-taxed gargantuan wealth to change public policy.

Is that more than Thor's followers do?
That's harassment and you should have reported them to your local authorities.

It's weird how some citizens are constantly bombarded with solicitations... meanwhile, the majority are able to enjoy life without such annoyances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality