Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 05:30 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

This conversation has nothing to do with NAMBLA or anything approaching it. We don't need trumpian hysteria brought into the conversation.
Okay, we'll pretend that they don't exist and that they are not lobbying for their cause...out of sight, out of mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2018, 08:23 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,090,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
OMG! The poor fellows!
I am almost fat enough to join them too But I do not look like him in the face

NAMBLA

Old 10-27-2018, 08:46 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
On higher dimensional levels, it's meaningless to say there is only one god.
This is essentially saying that we don't know what MIGHT be true. Which is of course accurate. All I am saying is that there is little point in making stuff up and then declaring that it must be true. Learning the way that the universe works by employing empirical discovery to establish physical facts seems to be working perfectly well. If God exists and controls the universe then that is an empirical fact waiting to be discovered. At this point everything that has been discovered seems to indicate that the universe works for entirely natural reasons.

A quiet "keep it to one's self" suspicion, or desire, that God exists, is not the problem. The problem lays in fanatical believers that do their best to impede and overturn any scientific advancement that conflicts with their personal make believe. Or who are willing to fly airplanes into buildings in response to anyone who disagrees with their personal make believe.

Old 10-27-2018, 08:52 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
This is essentially saying that we don't know what MIGHT be true. Which is of course accurate. All I am saying is that there is little point in making stuff up and then declaring that it must be true. Learning the way that the universe works by employing empirical discovery to establish physical facts seems to be working perfectly well. If God exists and controls the universe then that is an empirical fact waiting to be discovered. At this point everything that has been discovered seems to indicate that the universe works for entirely natural reasons.

A quiet "keep it to one's self" suspicion, or desire, that God exists, is not the problem. The problem lays in fanatical believers that do their best to impede and overturn any scientific advancement that conflicts with their personal make believe. Or who are willing to fly airplanes into buildings in response to anyone who disagrees with their personal make believe.
How many times does one have post his/her thoughts on New Age thinking before one can grasp it? I mean you're not even believer in Higher Intelligence, and whew.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:26 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
So you deny that Jesus returned to life and flew away? Are you Jewish?
Or Muslim? Sorry, but you have not been at all forthcoming about what you believe, and have only been poking holes in what you believe that atheists believe.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:32 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
How many times does one have post his/her thoughts on New Age thinking before one can grasp it? I mean you're not even believer in Higher Intelligence, and whew.
She's keeping us guessing allright. Oddly it's Mystic's technique as well. "Don't tell 'em anything, and you won't have to defend anything". That's why I found it hilarious to see her and Mystic get into a cat - and - dog -fight. Which I suspect tipped them off that they had a common enemy - Disbelief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHHitXxH-us

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 10-27-2018 at 09:43 AM..

Old 10-27-2018, 10:53 AM

63,820 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You are not disregarding me, you are disregarding Logic. A claim without anything valid to back it up, is an invalid claim.
No, Arq. A claim without anything valid to back it up, MAY be an invalid claim. This is part of the unwarranted certainty that attends all of your pronouncements of illogic.

Old 10-27-2018, 12:52 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Arq, your litmus test if something is valid is logic. That's fine.
My litmus test has little to do with your everyday logic or the intellect.
(Which I know can drive people nuts.)

Old 10-27-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Or Muslim? Sorry, but you have not been at all forthcoming about what you believe, and have only been poking holes in what you believe that atheists believe.
Please explain. Because it seems to me that I have been doing nothing BUT explaining what I think.

Old 10-27-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
What exactly do you mean by "higher intelligence?" Einstein? Newton? Or a conceptualized cosmic know-it-all?

I AM guilty of not reading everything that has been posted, I will admit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality