Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2018, 04:08 AM

7,591 posts, read 4,161,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Genesis says otherwise.
Personal responsibility and all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 04:08 AM

16,777 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
So, the origin of life is not known and you admit a creator is at least a possibility. Yet, you disparage those of us who believe in a creator.
We have plenty of evidence life began naturally. We just do not know the precise details.

We have no good evidence a god did it.

Old 11-16-2018, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Yes, we know you didn’t see it but why you stopped at biochemical sloshing in a warm sea? Why not keep on going and going till you find the beginning and what started it all?
Physics -> universe -> chemistry -> life.

Old 11-16-2018, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
It is beyond human understanding and always will be. What makes you think that primates could possibly understand these things, or could even begin to speculate?
So we can not make any claims about a god at all? Then once again, logically we have no reason to believe.

Old 11-16-2018, 04:17 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times
Quote:
We have plenty of evidence life began naturally. We just do not know the precise details.

We have no good evidence a god did it.
It all seems organic until will reach Chromosome II.

Old 11-16-2018, 04:21 AM

Quote:
I believe that was Arach's point. Bridges usually do not collapse, so it is probable the next one you cross will also remain intact.

That is faith based on evidence and not blind faith.
So, there's '0' probability for a/any Higher Power(s)?

Old 11-16-2018, 05:52 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
It is beyond human understanding and always will be. What makes you think that primates could possibly understand these things, or could even begin to speculate?
God created free willed immortal angels with understanding, right OZ?

Then god created inferior, fallible mortal humans. That’s intelligent design right there.

Old 11-16-2018, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
God created free willed immortal angels with understanding, right OZ?

Then god created inferior, fallible mortal humans. That’s intelligent design right there.
That's also dependent on one's view of chromosome II.

Old 11-16-2018, 06:31 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
How do you know whether or not a bridge is going to collapse as you cross it?
levels of faith. I don't do blind faith.

I have faith that our system for building bridges works. i have faith that how I see the universe working is more valid than "deny everything". My understanding of science help us produce cell phones. "Deny anything and everything because of how I feel about religion" produced nothing.

In fact, "deny everything" and "blind faith in dude died, woke up, and flew away" get to take the easy way out. they are cop outs. and "bash everything I don't agree with" is just mean.

Old 11-16-2018, 06:41 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I haven’t seen any evidence that has shaken my belief in a creator. All I’ve seen is that science explains what has happened since the Big Bang. I do not disagree with that. What I haven’t seen is another logical option for how life began.
jimmie, its not if the universe was created or not. Its about how and what created it. Then listing those options to see what one is the most reasonable.

for example:

from nothing
build on a hierarchy of structure from less complex to more complex.
some omni thing went "poof there it is."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality