Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2021, 09:22 AM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
Thank you. After all this talk about Terms of Service and Forum Rules, it appears under a thread called ... "guidelines".
Here's a formal definition of guideline: "an indication or outline of policy or conduct".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2021, 10:30 AM

2,400 posts, read 783,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Here's a formal definition of guideline: "an indication or outline of policy or conduct".
Well, if they were under a thread titled ".....guideline", why is it that is the only term they did NOT use. First it was Terms of Service, then Forum Rules, and lo and behold it isn't under either, but under some "guidelines" thread. Anyway, thanks for identifying it for me in a way such that it could be located.

Old 01-26-2021, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Well, if they were under a thread titled ".....guideline", why is it that is the only term they did NOT use. First it was Terms of Service, then Forum Rules, and lo and behold it isn't under either, but under some "guidelines" thread. Anyway, thanks for identifying it for me in a way such that it could be located.
Perhaps this forum isn't for you. There may be other forums around that fit your needs better.

Old 01-26-2021, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Perhaps this forum isn't for you. There may be other forums around that fit your needs better.
I offer the same counsel to you.

Old 01-26-2021, 11:33 AM

Quote:
I offer the same counsel to you.
I make every effort to follow the rules as determined by the owners of the forum and their representatives.

Old 01-26-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
I make every effort to follow the rules as determined by the owners of the forum and their representatives.
Me too. I just don't take some fellow forum member's assertion as "The Rules". One member talks about the "Terms of Service", another "Forum Rules", neither term was I able to find. Finally, you showed it to me in an obscure thread described as "guidelines". Go figure.

Why do you keep dredging up this matter. I didn't change what he wrote, I just snipped off part of it. It was obvious what I did from my (snip) annotation, and wasn't trying to pull a fast one. Okay, I'll stipulate to a technical violation.

Why, I ask, do you keep kicking a dead issue?

And by doing so, I might add, you are off topic, a far worse violation, IMHO, than mine. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Old 01-26-2021, 12:46 PM

16,677 posts, read 15,684,725 times
Quote:
Me too. I just don't take some fellow forum member's assertion as "The Rules". One member talks about the "Terms of Service", another "Forum Rules", neither term was I able to find. Finally, you showed it to me in an obscure thread described as "guidelines". Go figure.

Why do you keep dredging up this matter. I didn't change what he wrote, I just snipped off part of it. It was obvious what I did from my (snip) annotation, and wasn't trying to pull a fast one. Okay, I'll stipulate to a technical violation.

Why, I ask, do you keep kicking a dead issue?

And by doing so, I might add, you are off topic, a far worse violation, IMHO, than mine. Hmmmmmmmmm.
At the top of every forum, there is an Announcement with a link to the Terms Of Service (often called TOS). Many of the forums have some kind of a Rules thread. They are all "Sticky" threads so they stay at the top of the forums. They are not obscure. Surely you read the TOS when you registered. The first thing it says is "This forum is strictly moderated." That would be a clue to most people to keep reading. Many of the moderators have a link to the TOS in their signature lines. This is not difficult, although it may be a little different from some other forums.

Old 01-26-2021, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
At the top of every forum, there is an Announcement with a link to the Terms Of Service (often called TOS). Many of the forums have some kind of a Rules thread. They are all "Sticky" threads so they stay at the top of the forums. They are not obscure. Surely you read the TOS when you registered. The first thing it says is "This forum is strictly moderated." That would be a clue to most people to keep reading. Many of the moderators have a link to the TOS in their signature lines. This is not difficult, although it may be a little different from some other forums.
I will pay closer attention to this issue, and appreciate your outreach.

Old 01-29-2021, 09:06 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,972,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
faith would not be required.
Rather, to me ' credulity ' (blind faith) is what is Not required.
Jesus had faith (confidence) in the old Hebrew Scriptures.
That is why Jesus often prefaced his statements with the words, " it is written...."
Meaning already written down in the OT for all to see.
Jesus explained or expounded the OT for us so that we know what is ahead for us.
Jesus as Messiah will undo all the damage Satan and Adam brought upon us - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8

Old 01-29-2021, 09:24 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Crediting the scriptures (New T or Old) in itself requires not only blind faith but denial of the evidential unreliability of the Bible - once that is pointed out.

You've been around here long enough to have seen that evidence, if you really wanted to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality