Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 11:08 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Yes. He forgives all sin of those in him. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough for your satisfaction.
So, he should forgive the sin of unbelief or atheism or believing another religion....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2020, 11:24 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So, he should forgive the sin of unbelief or atheism or believing another religion....
Do you believe Yahweh was merciful to the Philistines for believing in Dagon?

The point is, we're all sinners. We all deserve his wrath, as the Bible says in Romans 5:9, but those that trust in Jesus are saved from it. Our sin is punished. Either we take it, or a savior takes it in our place.

As a Christian, Jesus took the wrath of God in my place. What are you trusting in?

Old 10-08-2020, 11:35 AM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Do you believe Yahweh was merciful to the Philistines for believing in Dagon?

The point is, we're all sinners. We all deserve his wrath, as the Bible says in Romans 5:9, but those that trust in Jesus are saved from it. Our sin is punished. Either we take it, or a savior takes it in our place.

As a Christian, Jesus took the wrath of God in my place. What are you trusting in?
I don't care what was done with the Philistines over 2 centuries ago. Why do you?

Old 10-08-2020, 11:41 AM

63,842 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Default What's the punishment for those who've commited suicide in christinity?

God does not punish. We eventually reap the consequences of exactly whatever we sow - positive or negative - either here or in the next life.

Old 10-08-2020, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God does not punish. We eventually reap the consequences of exactly whatever we sow - positive or negative - either here or in the next life.
Then your version of God sounds like an corrupt god.

Old 10-08-2020, 11:53 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,594,064 times
Quote:
there will be a reset at the big crunch.

But until then everything we do is etched in the progression of events to follow.

Old 10-08-2020, 11:56 AM

63,842 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Quote:
Corrupt how? What could be more just than having to endure whatever you have willfully caused to others?

Old 10-08-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Corrupt how? What could be more just than having to endure whatever you have willfully caused to others?
He has told us what he wants from us, but he doesn't punish wrongdoing?

Old 10-08-2020, 12:09 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,594,064 times
Quote:
He has told us what he wants from us, but he doesn't punish wrongdoing?
no more than you will punish a male lion that kills a female's cub to put her in heat.

Old 10-08-2020, 01:42 PM

11,033 posts, read 5,995,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
In Islam, he keeps having the same suicide continiously in hell.

If he jumps from height, he always keeps jumping from height and have the same pain endlessly without dying. This keeps repeating as a punishment in Islam. If he drank toxic and died, he keeps drinking toxic and having the same pain endlessly. If he shoots himself with gun, he keeps shooting himself endlessly in hell as a punishment. Endlessly. From start to end and again from start to end and again from start to end. Endlessly. This is the punishment Islam says. Having the same suicide pain but this time, it is ENDLESSLY since you don't die any more. You keep having the same action ENDLESSLY and suffer its pain ENDLESSLY.

How about chrisitinity? Does christinity say the same or different for those who commit suicide?
My very religious family and my very religious ex never gave any indication that they thought my son had gone to hell. My ex's pastor who uninvitedly gave a sermon at his funeral never mentioned anything about hell or what might have become of his soul. In fact, no-one ever mentioned anything about it. I get the impression that hell is falling out of favor with many Christians. I do hear about hell being a 'separation from God' as opposed to some hot place of eternal torture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality