Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2023, 07:08 PM

1,754 posts, read 755,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Quaker, I don't see atheists going out of their way to push their non-belief in God on others except in defense of themselves when Christians try to push their Jesus beliefs on them. That should be typical. Of course in here this is a religious forum for sharing ideas so its bound to happen. In real life out there though it's not typical for an atheist to walk up to people and ask, "Pardon me, but have you learned that Jesus never lived; that he was a purely mythical creature?"

Atheists simply don't care what people do with their religious lives. It's the Christians who are forever causing trouble with this stupid command to go out and preach the gospel. If Christians stayed on their side of the street and let everyone else be it'd be a much better world. As I said and will probably say frequently for people who miss it: Jesus never said go out and preach the gospel to everyone. That was written in centuries later by corrupt churchmen who wanted to insure a steady flow of new adherents into the faith that they could control and who they could milk lots and lots of $$$$'s out of to insure their lavish lifestyle of palaces, opulent dining and women to share their beds. That's a part of the virus's life cycle--to perpetuate itself by infecting greater and greater numbers of people. That's how the church perpetuated itself and grew wealthy in the process.
I've met aggressive atheists in person and on here.

There once was a certain atheist C-D poster who was very pushy to me about believing that Jesus didn't abandon when I was sexually assaulted in a manner that brought back painful memories. The one positive thing from that experience for me was that I believe Jesus helped me. I still have some anxiety from it and I despise myself for being pressured into not going to the police by the college football players, but I was 16 then. It led me to make other choices that could have been better calculated.

I think it is important to try and be positive and get along with all when we can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2023, 10:38 PM

3,803 posts, read 2,999,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post

There once was a certain atheist C-D poster who was very pushy to me about believing that Jesus didn't abandon when I was sexually assaulted in a manner that brought back painful memories. The one positive thing from that experience for me was that I believe Jesus helped me. I still have some anxiety from it and I despise myself for being pressured into not going to the police by the college football players, but I was 16 then. It led me to make other choices that could have been better calculated.

I think it is important to try and be positive and get along with all when we can.
This is a side issue, but I believe people can still be charged with sexual assault years later, especially since you were a minor at the time.
Best to get legal advice on that.
In any case, most Atheists are not the militant type from what I have come across.
But sometimes when the issue is raised they get defensive, or even offensive as such.
It’s a bit different on a forum like this, where all beliefs and non-beliefs are open to debate.
On designated Christian forums, atheists are generally not allowed, or are confined to certain sections.

Old 02-03-2023, 03:56 AM

412 posts, read 137,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
This is a side issue, but I believe people can still be charged with sexual assault years later, especially since you were a minor at the time.
Best to get legal advice on that.
In any case, most Atheists are not the militant type from what I have come across.
But sometimes when the issue is raised they get defensive, or even offensive as such.
It’s a bit different on a forum like this, where all beliefs and non-beliefs are open to debate.
On designated Christian forums, atheists are generally not allowed, or are confined to certain sections.
This is not a debate forum; the theme of these forums is supposedly relocation. Some posters have elected to label the forums as debate forums in order to interact with those who hold opposing views.

Old 02-03-2023, 09:19 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post

I commend you for your faith, Quaker. Very often it's all a person has in this horrible cesspool of a world where there is so much injustice, violence, poverty and sickness and God simply doesn't care enough to do a single thing to fix it. Christians' default to whitewash God's dereliction of duty is to say Adam is the one that messed us all up and God is completely blameless, but to blame some character out of a creation story for all the evil in this world and not God's total incompetency and idiocy is about the height of madness.

Old 02-03-2023, 09:20 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayle White View Post
This is not a debate forum; the theme of these forums is supposedly relocation. Some posters have elected to label the forums as debate forums in order to interact with those who hold opposing views.

What forum do you think you're in right now, Hayle? Relocation to heaven or hell possibly?

Old 02-03-2023, 09:28 AM

50,831 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
If you look at the various topics in the overall forum, that's really not true. It would be more accurate to say that the initial and primary purpose of the forums was/is relocation.

It's a huge stretch to say that celebrities, video games, diet, recipes, grief and mourning, rainbow bridge, space, and games is about relocation. And you certainly haven't posted just about relocation.

I rather think that the forum owner knows what he wants.

Last edited by phetaroi; 02-03-2023 at 09:50 AM..

Old 02-03-2023, 09:34 AM

9,348 posts, read 13,010,796 times
Quote:
What forum do you think you're in right now, Hayle? Relocation to heaven or hell possibly?
Yes, that was an interesting Freudian slip.

Old 02-03-2023, 10:17 AM

3,830 posts, read 1,384,422 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahAstin View Post
Yes, that was an interesting Freudian slip.
While not very common, rather indeed very rare, let's not forget Bi-location as an option as well . . .

Old 02-03-2023, 11:01 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,467,226 times
More mocking, eh? Wooooo.......

Old 02-03-2023, 11:40 AM

9,348 posts, read 13,010,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
More mocking, eh? Wooooo.......
It’s perfectly good-natured. If I made a similar mistake (and I certainly have in my life and times), I’d be able to laugh at myself for it.

Tell me more about woo, though. Is that how you view Christianity? Or religion and spirituality more broadly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality