Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2023, 07:06 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte
You see, Freak80? You say, "God should...." and Truth answers, "Why should I?"

And Compwiz criticizes me for not engaging Truth in a debate!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
You are boring and typical. He thought God should take a writing class and you laugh at me?

I go by the name God's Truth on some other forums, so it was an innocent error in reading what he meant. Who would think anyone would speak so ignorantly about God needing a writing class.

Truth, the best that can be said about you based on your response to Freak is that you think you're God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2023, 08:16 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
I am qualified according to Jesus Christ and His preserved written words in the Holy Bible.
When he communicates directly with me about you...then I'll believe it.

Old 05-03-2023, 08:27 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
I am proclaiming what Jesus says.
No, you are proclaiming what some ignorant, arrogant, men convinced you that Jesus said. Who exactly was it that came up with the absurd claim that the 66 books (or 72 if you are Catholic) written by different authors over different time periods were "what Jesus says"???

Jesus came personally so there is no need for a bunch of different and contradictory books to tell us what HE said! We have descriptions of what HE ACTUALLY DID which speak louder than words "written in ink" over centuries before and after Jesus. Why do you ignore what Jesus personally described, revealed, and demonstrated in favor of those books???

Old 05-03-2023, 09:36 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,170,177 times
Quote:
I am qualified according to Jesus Christ and His preserved written words in the Holy Bible.
Indeed they are. And yet, no two Christians agree on what the Bible “really” teaches. That’s why there are over 10,000 Christian denominations, and counting.

It seems that the Christian God is a poor communicator.

Old 05-04-2023, 11:46 AM

4,085 posts, read 882,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
When he communicates directly with me about you...then I'll believe it.
You have to get understanding and knowledge the way Jesus says to get it.

Old 05-04-2023, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, you are proclaiming what some ignorant, arrogant, men convinced you that Jesus said.

Jesus won't reveal himself to you if you don't do what he says.

Quote:

Who exactly was it that came up with the absurd claim that the 66 books (or 72 if you are Catholic) written by different authors over different time periods were "what Jesus says"???
The scriptures say men spoke and wrote the scriptures as the Spirit enabled them.

Quote:
Jesus came personally so there is no need for a bunch of different and contradictory books to tell us what HE said! We have descriptions of what HE ACTUALLY DID which speak louder than words "written in ink" over centuries before and after Jesus. Why do you ignore what Jesus personally described, revealed, and demonstrated in favor of those books???
I don't know what you are talking about. I only go by the Bible.

Old 05-04-2023, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Indeed they are. And yet, no two Christians agree on what the Bible “really” teaches. That’s why there are over 10,000 Christian denominations, and counting.

God warns us for a reason.

Old 05-04-2023, 02:52 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,170,177 times
Quote:

Quote:
God warns us for a reason.
Your reply has nothing to do with what I posted. You could have replied with “cheeseburgers are delicious” and it would have been no less relevant.

Old 05-04-2023, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Your reply has nothing to do with what I posted. You could have replied with “cheeseburgers are delicious” and it would have been no less relevant.
You said, "Indeed they are. And yet, no two Christians agree on what the Bible “really” teaches. That’s why there are over 10,000 Christian denominations, and counting. It seems that the Christian God is a poor communicator."

God warns us to watch our doctrine and our lives.

If people would do that then they wouldn't be tricked by the devil to preach false doctrines.

Old 05-04-2023, 04:08 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Jesus won't reveal himself to you if you don't do what he says.
The scriptures say men spoke and wrote the scriptures as the Spirit enabled them.
I don't know what you are talking about. I only go by the Bible.
Then you are going by the WRONG Holy Spirit. There is only ONE Logos (Word of God) and that is Jesus Himself! The scriptures were inspired by the Holy Spirit to tame our savagery during the schoolmaster stage. When we were ready to receive Him (the fields were ripe for harvest), they were supposed to prepare us to know He was coming to reveal God's Holy Spirit to us. They tell us how to identify Him, what we would do to Him in our savage ignorance of God, and what His impact would be on the world. They do not reveal God's Holy Spirit. JESUS DOES!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality