Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2023, 01:00 PM

50,837 posts, read 24,347,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
You can't stop with the insults can you.
I'm offering a mirror as to how others see you. Use it instead of always insisting we take your beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2023, 01:02 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,928,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
You've never been able to prove me wrong. Jesus is an invented character.

"Bible bombshell: Jesus Christ invented by Romans as ‘psychological warfare’"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...-romans-jewish

"Cresswell carefully analyses the surviving texts to show how doctrines, such as the divinity of Jesus and the Resurrection, have been progressively introduced into the narrative. By establishing what has been added, he defines what part of the character of Jesus the Christian Church has, over time, invented."

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...ter-cresswell/

"Story of Jesus Christ was 'fabricated to pacify the poor"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...r-8870879.html

Want more? I can get you more.

Irrefutable Proof God Cares NOTHING about Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
I told you how to get knowledge and understanding instead of you struggling with confusion and worthless opinions and questions.

Quote:
You declare all legitimate historians to be wrong if they conclude the gospels Jesus was an invention as history rightly concludes. You recognize no accepted Biblical scholarship that conflicts with your completely biased opinions. You declare your opinions and beliefs to be the only authority the world should recognize. In Biblical scholastic circle that would be considered barking madness from someone whose mind has been completely warped by religious propaganda. You're doing a great job for Jesus, Jesus.

For your own sake, Jesus', at least consider what I have said.

Old 05-06-2023, 02:38 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,793,873 times
Quote:
That's your opinion, Mink. And it's only an opinion. Lots of non-Christians rep me for my OP threads all the time.
Yeah? And *I've* had plenty of Christians and a few non-Christians who have repped ME on these threads.

Know what that means?

Nuthin'. Ab-so-lute-ly nuthin'.

So, what's your point?

You claim to want to "save greenhorns from being lured into the wiles of Christianity."

Really?!

Heck, if I was a "greenhorn" on the fence about Christianity, your whole attitude just might shove me over toward Christianity.

Sorry, Trill. You wouldn't lose because of your alleged logic. You'd lose because of your attitude.

Old 05-06-2023, 02:42 PM

8,673 posts, read 3,874,206 times
Quote:
Irrefutable Proof God Cares NOTHING about Christianity
One must have proof there is a god before one can prove what he cares about; and if he were to exist, is there anything he would care about (and to what purpose)? Would a god (even) have feelings?

Old 05-06-2023, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
One must have proof there is a god before one can prove what he cares about; and if he were to exist, is there anything he would care about (and to what purpose)? Would a god (even) have feelings?
Why wouldn't He?

Especially if He's a God that created us in HIS image.

Wouldn't that image also include feelings?

Seriously, why do some of us think that having feelings means weakness?

Since when does having power mean you don't cry?

Many humans see crying as weak.

Maybe GOD doesn't see it as weak. Maybe it's our own hubris that sees it as weak....

Old 05-06-2023, 03:06 PM

8,673 posts, read 3,874,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Why wouldn't He?

Especially if He's a God that created us in HIS image.

Wouldn't that image also include feelings?

Seriously, why do some of us think that having feelings means weakness?
Feelings don’t equate to weakness; they are not only human but necessary (the good and the bad) in order to experience life. At the end of the day, our experiences relative to such (love, sadness, joy and so on) are front and center to the meaning of our lives. Sans the ability to feel, what’s the point? Atheists have feelings; at least, most of us do.;-)

What (or whom) would a god be emotionally invested in, and for what purpose? Why would he care about one religion over another (other than bias, lol).

Old 05-06-2023, 03:09 PM

4,085 posts, read 881,278 times
Quote:
You declare all legitimate historians to be wrong if they conclude the gospels Jesus was an invention as history rightly concludes. You recognize no accepted Biblical scholarship that conflicts with your completely biased opinions. You declare your opinions and beliefs to be the only authority the world should recognize. In Biblical scholastic circle that would be considered barking madness from someone whose mind has been completely warped by religious propaganda. You're doing a great job for Jesus, Jesus.
Christian scholars are being taught by Christian scholars, not by Jesus Christ.
They preach against the way to get saved and the way to have knowledge and understanding.
As for the historians, God hides things from such.

Old 05-06-2023, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Feelings don’t equate to weakness; they are not only human but necessary (the good and the bad) in order to experience life. At the end of the day, our experiences relative to such (love, sadness, joy and so on) are front and center to the meaning of our lives. Sans the ability to feel, what’s the point?

What (or whom) would a god be emotionally invested in, and for what purpose?
Do we see our 'humanness" as God-given or not? Our feelings as God-given or not?

Does God cry? If so, WHY would that be seen as a "weakness"?

Are we so filled with hubris that we see crying...that is, ALL crying as weak?

Old 05-06-2023, 03:20 PM

4,085 posts, read 881,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'm offering a mirror as to how others see you. Use it instead of always insisting we take your beliefs.
Just more silly insults from you.

Old 05-06-2023, 03:21 PM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Default Irrefutable Proof God Cares NOTHING about Christianity

Christianity is a religion and you are correct God does not care about religions. God cares about us. Jesus came to make that absolutely clear because the religions simply misunderstood God. Unlike EscalaMike's beliefs, Jesus did NOT come to establish a religion, let alone the corrupt one of Catholicism.

Unfortunately, that also seems to be the views of those who adhere to one religion or another. It is the character and Holy Spirit of Jesus that we should be focused on, NOT the "precepts and doctrines of men" in ANY of the religions. In my view, Jesus revealed and demonstrated the True Nature of God, at least the one I encountered in deep meditation. Everything else is prologue, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality