Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2023, 03:23 PM

8,672 posts, read 3,874,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Do we see our 'humanness" as God-given or not? Our feelings as God-given or not?

Does God cry? If so, WHY would that be seen as a "weakness"?

Are we so filled with hubris that we see crying as weak?
I’m an atheist. I don’t see anything as ‘god-given’ nor does it make logical sense to me a god would have feelings, as I previously explained (but you apparently didn’t read or understand what I stated prior to quoting me and repeating the same comment re: weakness). Obviously, feelings are human (and, again, I certainly didn’t state they were weak).

That said, you aren’t answering my question. Why would a god have feelings or care about one religion over another (other than bias i.e. showing favorites, lol). From my perspective, it wouldn’t be very godly. ;-) Who would he love? Hate? Pity? Judge?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2023, 03:23 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,793,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
Just more silly insults from you.
Jeez-luhEEZ. If a non-Christian said 'hello' to you, you'd take it as an insult.

Seriously, give UP your rants...

Old 05-06-2023, 03:34 PM

4,085 posts, read 881,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
For your own sake, Jesus', at least consider what I have said.
I have been and am trying to help you.

Old 05-06-2023, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Jeez-luhEEZ. If a non-Christian said 'hello' to you, you'd take it as an insult.

Seriously, give UP your rants...
Stop yourself. You probably can't.

Old 05-06-2023, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
I’m an atheist. I don’t see anything as ‘god-given’ nor does it make logical sense to me a god would have feelings, as I previously explained (but you apparently didn’t read or understand what I stated prior to quoting me and repeating the same comment re: weakness). Obviously, feelings are human (and, again, I certainly didn’t state they were weak).
Sorry Cowboy, but I admit that I haven't read ALL of your posts. My bad.

But I gotta ask...WHY doesn't it make sense to you that God wouldn't have feelings? I mean, if we're created in God's image and all...

Quote:
That said, you aren’t answering my question. Why would a god have feelings or care about one religion over another (other than bias i.e. showing favorites, lol). From my perspective, it wouldn’t be very godly. ;-) Who would he love? Hate? Pity? Judge?
From what I sall.w, that wasn't your question.
Personally, I don't see God as favoring one religion over another, even though I'm Catholic.

Not sure if you know about Howard Storm's "visit to heaven". But supposedly, he asked God, 'What is the TRUE religion?' And God answered: Which ever one brings you closer to God.

That's kind of how I see it.

While I say that I'm Catholic, it doesn't mean that I adhere to ALL of Catholic beliefs.

Put THAT in yer pocket, LOL!

Old 05-06-2023, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Stop yourself. You probably can't.
It's obvious that *YOU* can't...

Old 05-06-2023, 03:46 PM

Quote:
It's obvious that *YOU* can't...
There you go again.

Old 05-06-2023, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Sorry Cowboy, but I admit that I haven't read ALL of your posts. My bad.

But I gotta ask...WHY doesn't it make sense to you that God wouldn't have feelings? I mean, if we're created in God's image and all...

Personally, I don't see God as favoring one religion over another, even though I'm Catholic.

Not sure if you know about Howard Storm's "visit to heaven". But supposedly, he asked God, 'What is the TRUE religion?' And God answered: Which ever one brings you closer to God.

That's kind of how I see it.

While I say that I'm Catholic, it doesn't mean that I adhere to ALL of Catholic beliefs.

Put THAT in yer pocket, LOL!
God's Truth matters.

I can hardly believe you are promoting someone speaking for God and what he says is not in the Bible.

See why salvation is near those who fear Him?

God is Truth and if people were more afraid of speaking for God and preaching falseness then there would be more who found the Truth.

Old 05-06-2023, 04:00 PM

Quote:
God's Truth matters.

I can hardly believe you are promoting someone speaking for God and what he says is not in the Bible.

See why salvation is near those who fear Him?

God is Truth and if people were more afraid of speaking for God and preaching falseness then there would be more who found the Truth.
God's truth matters. *YOURS* does not. Telling people that they're "sinning" because they've had a different experience from you, isn't God's truth. It's YOURS.

I may not have had Mystic's experiences in life. But I'm not about to deny those experiences...

...as YOU seem to do.

NOT cool...NOT cool at all.

Old 05-06-2023, 04:07 PM

Quote:
God's truth matters.
I am talking about the God of the Bible.

Quote:
*YOURS* does not. Telling people that they're "sinning" because they've had a different experience from you, isn't God's truth.
People having an "experience" that goes against God in the Bible is important to tell them.

Quote:
It's YOURS.
It is mine and it is FROM GOD.

Stop trying to stop me from talking you hypocrite.

Quote:
I may not have had Mystic's experiences in life. But I'm not about to deny those experiences...

...as YOU seem to do.

NOT cool...NOT cool at all.
Mystic goes around telling me all the time I am wrong. Go shoo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality