Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2022, 09:07 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,838,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
I got rid of my 4ft tree and most of my decorations and wrapping paper. I have a few sentimental decorations, probably won't put them out though.. I live in NC, they decorate for everything, I mean, dishes, table cloths, decorations, every single holiday. I just can't.
That's how so much Christmas crap ends up at rummage sales!

Old 09-26-2022, 09:09 AM

24,580 posts, read 10,884,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
My solution to gift wrap are dish towels. Loosely stitched together if one does not do the job and one used as bow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2022, 09:14 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
I got rid of my 4ft tree and most of my decorations and wrapping paper. I have a few sentimental decorations, probably won't put them out though.. I live in NC, they decorate for everything, I mean, dishes, table cloths, decorations, every single holiday. I just can't.
And isn’t it weird, when you live in the south, the holidays are upon us, before we even realize they are coming? By the time I get in the Christmas spirit, it’s hardly worth dragging things out.

Old 09-26-2022, 09:20 AM

36,421 posts, read 16,034,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes took mine to habitat for humanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
And isn’t it weird, when you live in the south, the holidays are upon us, before we even realize they are coming? By the time I get in the Christmas spirit, it’s hardly worth dragging things out.
No, I know, just won't do it. I can visit my friend and get all the Christmas spirit I want. She is from W. Virginia, taught by her mother and all the yard decorations, you always know what time of year it is.

Old 09-26-2022, 09:57 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,225,683 times
Our neighborhood is turning over, in fact we will downsize in about a year. With so many new families with young kids moving in recently we are doing more holiday decoration than ever before for their enjoyment. We also have the grandkids over for holiday events and they enjoy our decorations. In fact just yesterday my wife reminded me to get out the Halloween displays, and we bought a big pumpkin for a jack-o-lantern.

Old 09-26-2022, 10:58 AM

383 posts, read 665,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Oh, yes. One of the things that appeals me about retiring to a place like The Villages is that they have all sorts of holiday community events that you can attend without having to worry about hosting, yourself.

This is my dream. Thought it was going to happen this year but DH not ready to leave LI. I doubt we will ever leave.

Old 09-26-2022, 11:12 AM

17,391 posts, read 16,540,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsstats View Post
This is my dream. Thought it was going to happen this year but DH not ready to leave LI. I doubt we will ever leave.
Yeah, I'm dragging my husband to TV to check it out in a few months. I think he'll like it more than he realizes. Maybe you can convince your husband to try a lifestyle visit or do a short term rental to check it out.

Old 09-26-2022, 11:29 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsstats View Post
Maybe he just doesn't want to deal with the traffic when getting off the Island. Once he's off, it's different out there!

Old 09-26-2022, 11:43 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,834,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
My solution to gift wrap are dish towels. Loosely stitched together if one does not do the job and one used as bow.
Who would have guessed that you could use gift wrap as dish towels?

Old 09-26-2022, 12:12 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Sort of but in the words of Gretchen Wilson......I have my Christmas lights up all year round!

Well, not quite like that. I put a wreath our on the gate. Lights I think about and I might get them up on the tree out front of the house.....and that is about 100 yards away from the road. It would take some major effort, over hill and dale, and a lot of lights to light up the fence along the road. I might get some lights up on the back porch.

I never take the stockings down. I have a stuffed Christmas tree which is always out. As far as a real Christmas tree, retirement has nothing to do with it never going up.....................CATS do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement