Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 04:29 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,498,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jered007 View Post
Any updates on metal detecting in parks? Last I heard, it was suspended. ? Interested in starting this as a new hobby - thanks.

All parks in San Antonio are now off limits.....for now. Word is, someone with a metal detector was poking around and found something "of historic significance" in Conception Park....where it was off-limits to begin with. I don't know what the guy found, but they sure hushed it up in a hurry. (probably to discourage further metal detecting there). I imagine you could find all kind of cool stuff in the older, historic parks...especially around the missions, but they will lock you up and throw away the key if caught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 09:25 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,692,547 times
Any one have a used/ good starter model for sale/rent?

My friend has a huntin lease up in the utopia area...deep in the brush, we discovered a VERY old rock wall about a quarter mile long...then there is an area where there are several pilars of similar design about 8 feet tall, and then there is what looks like the rock walls of a small house and there are trees 50-100 years old growing in the middle of the house...so it is all very old. I am sure there has to be some very old relics in the area. This area is very hidden back in the hills and there is no roads or newer structures anywhere near these ruins. We heard from a neighboring rancher that he property was once own by a group of nuns.

So if you have a decent used model for sale or rent please let me know.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:30 PM

5 posts, read 12,439 times
I called the parks police dept last Friday and they said with a permit you could use the metal detector, however - now we've gotta call each time before going out. Hmm. Why issue permits if we need to call each time? Isn't that pretty much a verbal permit?
Anyways - Primo, are you interested in a metal detector operator as well?! Sounds like an adventure!

Old 12-05-2010, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,191 times
Default Petrified Clam

i have had a petrified clam for many years and ive been wondering how much i could sell it for. its size is about three fists put together. Can i get rich???

Old 12-05-2010, 02:11 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,498,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey696 View Post
i have had a petrified clam for many years and ive been wondering how much i could sell it for. its size is about three fists put together. Can i get rich???
Probably not.....I have several of those myself. They are fairly common to find around here. Nice sized one though!

Old 12-08-2010, 07:57 AM

5 posts, read 12,439 times
Update: as of this AM, metal detecting is still on hold for the parks...

Old 12-20-2010, 01:22 PM

4 posts, read 15,236 times
update i called the city an was told that all medal detecting is on hold an that by the looks of it if people witch she called night hacks are the ones that are cussing all the problem witch she said that md people are going into historical parks an doing digging in privet land an that they are the ones messing everyone hobbies if you or anyone you know is doing this call the police that's the only way we will reinstate the MD for those who do-it as a hobbies also as of right know anyone get caught metal detecting it an automatic fine with a criminal charge so if you in a hurry go ask a an owner of land an ask permission to MD in there property plz guy an gals don't mess things up for everyone happy hunting at your own risk ;p

ps. if you or anyone looking for partners to MD her in San Antonio an surrounding city email me jesuslozano24@yahoo.com or have questions just give a haler

Old 04-25-2011, 10:46 AM

3 posts, read 8,780 times
looking for someone to show me how to use a metal detector, i have prime land in lacoste , texas .. my great grandparents. it was used as a trail during during the alamo war. we used to find alot of musket ball and silver coins when we were little. i will split 50/50 on all finds. please email me at ademar1030@sbcglobal.net

Old 08-25-2011, 08:30 PM

4 posts, read 15,236 times
Hello everyone found ghost towns in texas you might want to check ask for permission first i did alot of coins a relic's ghosttown.com

Old 02-20-2012, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,695 times
Default metal detecting

Received a dector as a gift- downloaded permit for parks.

Where would be a good place to start? also-can they be used at the beaches-say Mustang Island and areas?
What club would be recomended to join?

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio