Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2012, 05:45 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,546,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John911 View Post
AS: Interesting rendition of the Donkey Lady. Being a lifelong resident of the south side, I had always understood the Donkey Lady to frequent the area of Old Applewhite Rd and the Medina River (the old one-lane bridge which still exists despite New Applewhite being improved and detoured in response to Toyota development)

Your rendition could possibly be spun to conclude that she escaped SASH and went a little further south and called the Medina her home.... makes sense.
I am so glad the donkey lady is alive and well. I first heard about her at the Grand Prix slot car raceway in the Wonderland basement. I was told she leaves hoof prints on the trunks of cars. Or maybe just dents. We were just learning to drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 10:24 PM

263 posts, read 480,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwangle View Post
I am so glad the donkey lady is alive and well. I first heard about her at the Grand Prix slot car raceway in the Wonderland basement. I was told she leaves hoof prints on the trunks of cars. Or maybe just dents. We were just learning to drive.
U know J911,that would be great spin to the legend,it does make perfect sense.Maybe Quintin Tarrintino would make a movie of it .Seriously,the info. I got came from that state trooper and a woman who also knew of her living in Helotes.I work for a transportation co.that takes me me all over town.We help these folks get around to make their lives a little easier.I really don't think these folks would have any reason to make this stuff up,because they were in their 60's or 70's in 2002 and they were, a lttle relunctunt to comment on it.To this day,Ihave this errie image of seeing her the on the tracks that ran along on the south edge of the property about 50yrds. from Wurzbach Rd.,the full moon light bearly making out her haunting image, and running towards you.You realize you have stopped on the tracks,after spotting this evil image to your left,but now your car stalls out and you can't open the doors because a train is coming from the right , around the bend.A bad ending from both sides of the coin.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Dwangle .I too spent many a Sat. afternoons there.At the time the family Skells owned it.My first second hand kit was a Lola GT by Cox.Next was the Chaperral by Monogram.I was more into the drag scene,so I Pulled off the racing Lemans body's an strapped on the "LittleRedWagon"body,the '65 Hurst-Hemi Underglass and the '65Ford MellroseMissle.They all popped wheelies on the small oval track.Had a blast.As u well know ,its back up at Wonderland of the Amercas Mall.Now my Grandson has raced on it.Never would've imagined it.Great feeling.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:52 AM

61 posts, read 119,220 times
Default Floore's

Going to Floore's on Sunday afternnon free dances, a bottle of beer was around .35 cents, I think. Hwy 16 passed right in front of the place back then. This had to be in late 60's and early 70's.

SAFREAK

Old 12-06-2012, 12:17 PM

Default LS Sportsman

Oh Man Yeah ! who could forget Jim Thomas, great outdoor footage. Seems like he always had a story of marlin fishing.

SAFREAK

Old 12-06-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
yes !! that was him! I already talked about my Fiesta days earlier in this or the other thread..fond memories all..I don't think I ever talked about "The Lone Star Sportsman". Does anybody else remember him?

JIm Thoms, the Lone Star Sportsman, who could forget that guy. What a great show, and if you kept the TV on a little longer, I think Porter Wagoner came on next.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:51 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,393,155 times
Default I Forgot,

The Lone Star Sportsman until just this very minute!
Who could forget porter Waggoner's dress suits ?
That I haven't forgotten.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFREAK View Post
JIm Thoms, the Lone Star Sportsman, who could forget that guy. What a great show, and if you kept the TV on a little longer, I think Porter Wagoner came on next.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
The Lone Star Sportsman until just this very minute!
Who could forget porter Waggoner's dress suits ?
That I haven't forgotten.
I think his sponsors were Black Draught, Soltise and Hi therm.. Miracle drugs.. Remember Dolly Parton selling BREEZE Detergent with the free towel inside? I wonder how much detergent you really got?

Old 12-06-2012, 07:35 PM

Yea,those shows were great.The one I got a big kick out of ,was Mutual of Omahas'"Wild Kingdom"w/Marlin Perkins.I,d laugh my *** off seeing Bill,his side kick,being chased by wild animals,almost getting trampled by a herd of elaphants and Marlin is in asafe place saying,"Watch folks as Bill is attempting to to capture a Giant Rhino,""look out Bill,he's ,he'sturning around,he's coming at you Bill,quick Climb up here where its safe.Bill always got the short end of the stick.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert soliz View Post
Yea,those shows were great.The one I got a big kick out of ,was Mutual of Omahas'"Wild Kingdom"w/Marlin Perkins.I,d laugh my *** off seeing Bill,his side kick,being chased by wild animals,almost getting trampled by a herd of elaphants and Marlin is in asafe place saying,"Watch folks as Bill is attempting to to capture a Giant Rhino,""look out Bill,he's ,he'sturning around,he's coming at you Bill,quick Climb up here where its safe.Bill always got the short end of the stick.
I always liked the part where they would hit them with a dart and they would go to sleep. Wild animals! In my earlier days of child raising we had this liquid that would put our wild kids to sleep. We would alway's say Time for Wild Kingdom!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio