Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 08:27 PM

263 posts, read 480,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Yep, Tiners appeared on the scene after Cravy vanished or was going down ...Smart dog!
Speaking of creameries,remember Knowltons Milk and Ice Cream?,who were located just east of CoolCrest.Well,I dont't know how true this was ,but when I moved to the North side in 1966-67,at 8041 Fredericksburg Rd. the property across the road belonged to one of the Knowlton Bros..Data Pt.dr. now runs up along the property to Fredsbg. RD..Its the house with the tower over looking the Med.ctr.My dad was the manager at Green Courts Mtr.Inn.My house once stood in front of what is now Humana Womans Hospital,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwangle View Post
I think the bottling place was Royal Crown Cola. My mom's sister worked at a pharmicuetical place there. I think the Foremost milk plant was there too. Does anybody remember this place around there that had a taffy pulling machine in the store window? I remember the Wrestlethon on Blanco at Fulton.
Hey Huck,If I remember correctly,I think I saw this machine on Alamo St. in front of the Alamo,I think.Does anyone recall a slot car track,that was a couple of doors down from Coney Island Hot Dogs.In the late 70's it was a sporting goods store called Poternicks,next to St.Marys school. A.soliz

Old 12-12-2012, 09:49 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,864,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert soliz View Post
Speaking of creameries,remember Knowltons Milk and Ice Cream?,who were located just east of CoolCrest.Well,I dont't know how true this was ,but when I moved to the North side in 1966-67,at 8041 Fredericksburg Rd. the property across the road belonged to one of the Knowlton Bros..Data Pt.dr. now runs up along the property to Fredsbg. RD..Its the house with the tower over looking the Med.ctr.My dad was the manager at Green Courts Mtr.Inn.My house once stood in front of what is now Humana Womans Hospital,
My FIL was a foreman there back in the 60's and early 70's. Think I heard something is in the works for Cool Crest! There a V.K. Knowlton const. Co. Don't know if any connection. I actually went to their residence north of town in the 70's or 80's.

V.K. Knowlton Construction & Utilities, Inc.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:57 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,987,290 times
What? Cool Crest is Gone??????
I had some very nice date nights there back in the 80's.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
What? Cool Crest is Gone??????
I had some very nice date nights there back in the 80's.
Gila G. Yes its been closed for some time now.I too had some good times there on some dates in the 70,s during highschool.After that a visit to Jims Frontier on Fredsbrg Rd across what now is H.E.B. and Jack-n-Box,then a nice stroll down on the river and get some Ice Cream cones at the shop next to coin shop on cCommerce across from Casa Rio. asoliz

Old 12-12-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
My FIL was a foreman there back in the 60's and early 70's. Think I heard something is in the works for Cool Crest! There a V.K. Knowlton const. Co. Don't know if any connection. I actually went to their residence north of town in the 70's or 80's.

V.K. Knowlton Construction & Utilities, Inc.
S ATEX I sure hope its true if Cool Crest is coming.Let's keep our fingers crossed.Good times could be had by all ,again!

Old 12-12-2012, 11:29 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,987,290 times
Yes, I remember that coin shop, next to that little ice cream shop.
My best friend worked at the ice cream shop when she was a teen.
Again, some nice after club dates at that particular Jim's!!!

Old 12-13-2012, 09:48 AM

61 posts, read 119,228 times
Quote:
60's ....skyride?? I don't think it was installed that early was it?? It came a while after Hemisfair was history. I think it was the 70's. Yes, I rode it.
The best I could find out, is that the sky ride was installed in 1963 and taken down, ( I think) around 2002.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Big Red is off Binz-Engleman behind Friedrich now. Seems like it was right off 410 near I-35 or WW.White up near where it meets 410 for many years. I knew some of the Colonial family a younger son maybe lived off Vandiver or just north of Austin Hwy. His last name was Cross I think. He had married and neighbor friend of the family. Some of the Richter family lived out in Churchill Estates.

Do you have any idea who the distributor was for Hippo soda water, ?? I remember those big bottles with the big bubble near the top. Man, they were reallly hard to slide out of those refridgerated boxes with the steel rails....member,??.......you member !

Old 12-13-2012, 10:58 AM

ROLL CALL TIME !!.. Who remembers going to these restaurants on N St. Mary's St. The original Jacala's before they moved to West Ave. The original Teka Mollina, before they moved to San Pedro. The White House, which I think was right off of St. Mary's an Ashby. And another good mexican food restaurant that was around the corner from Our Lady Of Sorrow church called Fred's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio