Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2010, 11:33 AM

10 posts, read 10,850 times

Advertisements

You know i do agree that peeps in san antonio are huge cowboy fans but the the truth is most of us are fans of them because we dont got a local football team here. Alamodome is a nice place to accommodate the team since the spurs dont play there anymore and i think football here will get everyone in san antonio interested. Also chupacabras would be a awesome nfl team name because first of all its awesome and 2 chupacabras sightings are very apparent around our area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 01:33 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,409,483 times
San Antonio Jaguars baby!!!!!

Old 07-10-2010, 07:54 AM

8 posts, read 8,992 times
I am sorry to say the most of the "I always be a Cowboy fan" kind of people lack the open mind that requires the vision of San Antonio aquiaring a Football team. If San Antonio will get at NFL team it wil be able to sell out all available season tickets in less than a month, mainly because Monterrey is just a few hours away and is one of the most richest cities in Mexico, but not only that, it will also have to support of companies like, Toyota, HEB, Chase bank, The Hartford, USAA, Valero, Microsoft, Lowe's, Nationwide, plus there are hundreds of Import and export brockers with deep pockets in Laredo, and I haven't even talk about Austin. San Antonio is very capable of supporting an NFL team, however; Jerry Jones will never allowed that to happen, since he owns all those empty minded "I will always be a Cowboy" fans, and he does not have to invest a penny in our community, San Antonio is "free money" for Jones, but will see only time will tell.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:13 AM

8 posts, read 8,992 times
Default How to land the NFL in San Antonio

[SIZE=3]Step One. Arrange a meeting with NFL commissioner to ask permission to start negotiations with the Jacksonville Jaguars. (There is not support for that team in Jacksonville)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Step Two. Make a deal with the Jaguars that we can sell more than 70% of the Alamo Bowl’s season tickets before the 2010 play off season starts. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Step Three. Once we have completed our goal, and after three years of very successful seasons at the Alamo Bowl, we start negotiations with the city of San Antonio, to build a state of the art stadium for the jaguars, Financed by the last three years of vending, income from the Jaguars, and if needed a bond sell to the citizens of San Antonio.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Step Four. Five years after the Jaguars landed in San Antonio, we play in a brand new stadium[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Step Five. We beat the Cowboys on the 2016 Super Bowl.[/SIZE]

Old 07-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,116,197 times
No thanks. I don't want to pay for a brand new stadium.

If Jerry Jones reads your scenario, he won't want San Antonio to have one either.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:57 AM

927 posts, read 1,390,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2l2l66 View Post
[SIZE=3]Step One. Arrange a meeting with NFL commissioner to ask permission to start negotiations with the Jacksonville Jaguars. (There is not support for that team in Jacksonville)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Step Two. Make a deal with the Jaguars that we can sell more than 70% of the Alamo Bowl’s season tickets before the 2010 play off season starts. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Step Three. Once we have completed our goal, and after three years of very successful seasons at the Alamo Bowl, we start negotiations with the city of San Antonio, to build a state of the art stadium for the jaguars, Financed by the last three years of vending, income from the Jaguars, and if needed a bond sell to the citizens of San Antonio.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Step Four. Five years after the Jaguars landed in San Antonio, we play in a brand new stadium[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Step Five. We beat the Cowboys on the 2016 Super Bowl.[/SIZE]
Sounds great! I'm all for the plan. If it could only happen that way.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:26 PM

10 posts, read 10,850 times
i dont understand, we dont need a new stadium, we are perfectly fine with the at&t center and alamodome, the alamodome should be the teams home stadium since the alamodome is no longer the spurs home arena. we are not going to pay for a 500 million dollar stadium, we need that money on more important stuff. unless of coarse a private investor used his money to fund then i would not mind at all.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:25 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
No thanks. I don't want to pay for a brand new stadium.
If Jerry Jones reads your scenario, he won't want San Antonio to have one either.
We don't have money to fix schools and roads, but we have money for another stadium

Here's an idea... bring any team of any sport that can play in the Alamodome.
From what I understand... the Alamodome is not good enough for the NFL.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:54 AM

47 posts, read 100,035 times
Many of the post I have read seem to be against an NFL team. I think this just reflects the NFL commissioner stance on SA not having a team. He however doesn't see it as SA doesnt want a team, they see it as SA can't afford a team. In reality we are a huge, but very SLOW (pace) & below average pay (kinda poor) city. I have lived here most of my life, I love SA but that is just a reality of it.
When the Saints came to town I heard of there being a struggle to sell out the house. If I am not mistaken the commish used that as leverage as to why we doin't need a team (since we can't financially support one)
I would definitely support an NFL team but last I checked this city can't even support a minor league football team or a arena football league so I just don't see this being a reality this year or next.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:35 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,409,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy1981 View Post
Many of the post I have read seem to be against an NFL team. I think this just reflects the NFL commissioner stance on SA not having a team. He however doesn't see it as SA doesnt want a team, they see it as SA can't afford a team. In reality we are a huge, but very SLOW (pace) & below average pay (kinda poor) city. I have lived here most of my life, I love SA but that is just a reality of it.
When the Saints came to town I heard of there being a struggle to sell out the house. If I am not mistaken the commish used that as leverage as to why we doin't need a team (since we can't financially support one)
I would definitely support an NFL team but last I checked this city can't even support a minor league football team or a arena football league so I just don't see this being a reality this year or next.
Actually, they sold out all the Saints games when played here. Also, the minors don't do well because people want professional - not semi-pro. As long as SA remain Cowboys territory - semi-pro/minor leagues will be received poorly. We are a better off city than Jacksonville, Buffalo, Green Bay, Detroit, and - certainly - New Orleans. There isn't any reason (outside of stadium & Cowboy interference, aka - Jerra' Jones) why we can't have an NFL team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio