Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2017, 12:53 PM

23 posts, read 30,877 times

Advertisements

As a single female that has been "dating" in San Diego since I moved here in 2002, I think the ratio for "dating" is more favorable for the men. This topic is huge within my many single friends. Why is it favorable for men? One I think the women are more attractive then the men here. Two theirs so many more attractive women then attractive men so women have to "settle".

I've also implored on opinions of friends that moved here from the East Coast and they say that Men here and dating in San Diego SUCKs! Guys here do not put in effort because theirs a pluthera of quality good looking women. I can not say the same for a pluthera of good looking quality men. Theres alot of men here but not variety in terms of demographics, like what kind of ethnic backgrounds you may like is limited here. Men here also do not like to "pay" ( fear of gold diggers) rightfully so but chivalry nor effort is not existent here for women dating in San Diego!

If you go to L.A. theirs a difference and I would say dating playground is = for men and women.
San Diego dating playground favorable towards men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 11:49 AM

170 posts, read 188,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR13 View Post
It worked ten years ago but the ubiquity of smartphones and dating apps has messed things up. Here in SD the women have actual abundance due to all of the young, fit men walking around (many of them Military). The men here are like the men in LA, but the women are not. They don't have to be, and they won't stick around with all of the options they literally have in the palms of their hands. "Actual" abundance will beat "mindset" abundance every time.
Agree, very good point. Years back when I first got to CA, I could not believe the amount of handsome/fit men that were dating your "run of the mill" out of shape average Jane in SD.

Old 10-10-2017, 12:27 PM

219 posts, read 316,640 times
Quote:
Lol, "found", as in past-tense. To be fair, it used to be easier. Now you need game, a luxury car, 6 figure job, model looks and high-tier social status. Many men are moving abroad due to this, and not just short and fat guys either, but guys who would do well here in prior generations but are now faced with limited options due to the madness of feminism. Just the other day I was on a dating site chatting with a moderately attractive 53 year-old woman who was extremely picky with her standards due to being hit up by 22 year old men. Yes, that's a 31 year age difference. You won't find that in many places outside of SD.

And also, location does matter. Somehow I have a feeling someplace like Seattle would be different than Dallas when it comes to women.

Kinda funny someone would claim "location doesn't matter" on a RELOCATION FORUM
WTF ...

But I thought girls don't date military.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:53 PM

6,562 posts, read 12,048,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
I think every city has these posts. "Oh, <insert city name here> sucks for dating, it's all (wo)men!"
Atlanta is one city where its mostly women who are complaining. One thing I hear a lot is that all the men are either married, gay, or incarcerated. There are plenty of single females in their 30's and 40's, so I'd do well there if I was still single.

Quote:
Lol, "found", as in past-tense. To be fair, it used to be easier. Now you need game, a luxury car, 6 figure job, model looks and high-tier social status. Many men are moving abroad due to this, and not just short and fat guys either, but guys who would do well here in prior generations but are now faced with limited options due to the madness of feminism. Just the other day I was on a dating site chatting with a moderately attractive 53 year-old woman who was extremely picky with her standards due to being hit up by 22 year old men. Yes, that's a 31 year age difference. You won't find that in many places outside of SD.

And also, location does matter. Somehow I have a feeling someplace like Seattle would be different than Dallas when it comes to women.

I actually did pretty well there when I first turned 21 back in 2000. I was always going out to the Gaslamp. I miss those days, when everyone at the club was my age or older. I'm not sure how the scene is now that the Millennials have taken over.

One thing I did like about San Diego is the diversity. I always seemed to have better luck with the Mexican or Asian girls than the blondes.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:59 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
Quote:
Lol, "found", as in past-tense. To be fair, it used to be easier. Now you need game, a luxury car, 6 figure job, model looks and high-tier social status. Many men are moving abroad due to this, and not just short and fat guys either, but guys who would do well here in prior generations but are now faced with limited options due to the madness of feminism.
Or they realize life is too short to be exclusively hetero, which California is generally not a good place for anyways. Nor are any of the states which border California (possibly excepting Baja Norte)

Old 10-10-2017, 05:13 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:

I'm twenty years older than when I got married and it's still a target rich environment if I so found it necessary.

Hopefully not. Love my wife.

But, we do joke about when we get hit on.

People here are just too picky. Gotta be a: b: c: etc and they pass up some great people with this California list of crap criteria.

I know this, I'd avoid "dating sites" like the plague. You will simply meet people used to a revolving door.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:05 AM

630 posts, read 1,048,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4226 View Post
As a single female that has been "dating" in San Diego since I moved here in 2002, I think the ratio for "dating" is more favorable for the men. This topic is huge within my many single friends. Why is it favorable for men? One I think the women are more attractive then the men here. Two theirs so many more attractive women then attractive men so women have to "settle".

I've also implored on opinions of friends that moved here from the East Coast and they say that Men here and dating in San Diego SUCKs! Guys here do not put in effort because theirs a pluthera of quality good looking women. I can not say the same for a pluthera of good looking quality men. Theres alot of men here but not variety in terms of demographics, like what kind of ethnic backgrounds you may like is limited here. Men here also do not like to "pay" ( fear of gold diggers) rightfully so but chivalry nor effort is not existent here for women dating in San Diego!

If you go to L.A. theirs a difference and I would say dating playground is = for men and women.
San Diego dating playground favorable towards men.
Sorry gotta disagree here. Been living in la for a few years now. First of all there are tons of beautiful women here enough to where men are basically walking through an international buffet of their choosing wherever they go. Don't forget la is the city where models, actresses, or just plain artsy hot girls come to live. Image here is more influenced by the media so even average women play up their looks enough so that they become "above average". The playground is definitely not equal here when there's always a hotter chick around the corner. If a guy is even slightly attractive here the women are thirsty as hell. Ive seen it with my own eyes multiple times and as a result these decently attractive men think they're gods gift to man because of all the attention. These men if they are decent guys and decently good looking are lunged at like piranhas. So yes the competition is real. I'm starting to think that dating in Southern California sucks for women in general. Maybe oc the hometown I grew up in is better who knows because I do see more family men in that area. I wonder why I stay in la sometimes but there's a lot to do here and opportunities to take different classes, dance workshops and I don't know where else to go so I stay. Sometimes I see pictures of couples from Pennsylvania or even the central coast of California and I think dang that guy would've never went for that girl here in Los Angeles. You'll see if you moved here--just takes a minute to realize the dating reality here. Sorry to hear it sucks in San Diego too because I was considering moving there with hopes that the dating scene might be better. Sigh.

Last edited by laurenaus; 10-14-2017 at 04:18 AM..

Old 10-15-2017, 03:52 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,261,535 times
124 unmarried men for every 100 married women, very close to San Jose (126/100). SD considered 3rd best city for single women:

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/fina...-single-women/

(Data in article derived from U.S. census figures, so the majority of illegals are not counted in the above number.)

It's important to note that the above 5/4 ratio counts cohabitants, people in long term committed relationships, steady bf/gf, etc. You take those people out of the equation and the leftovers are more like 3 single unmarried men for every 2 single unmarried women.

Man Diego, indeed.

Last edited by GSR13; 10-15-2017 at 04:01 PM..

Old 10-15-2017, 04:50 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,926,301 times
ManDiego, ManJose, Maneattle, ManFrancisco, and Menver tilted toward more guys. Los Angeles, Phoenix, Chicago, Oakland, Houston, Dallas and Austin are in the middle, equal man and women. Fichmond, Virginia, Femento, Womlanta, FemOrleans, Femphis, Femadelphia, and Waleigh, NC are tilted toward women

Old 10-15-2017, 05:00 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,926,301 times
I was horrified to see bars Downtown SJ with all guys and just two women there. It was like that in just about every bar, club and restaurant last night in Downtown SJ. I wonder why guys would go there since there's almost no women? It's like the scenes from "Outer Limit". Go to Haward, CA, it was shockingly different: equal single men and women ratio there. Guys are better off finding a women in Haward and much better in Redwood City, which is mostly women and is about 25 miles from SJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego