Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2014, 01:25 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,057,589 times

Advertisements

This thread brought the Lulz. The two youtube videos were ripped from the pages of my own diary.

As a straight male who lived in North Park, that and the nearby Hillcrest RUINED the opportunity and enthusiasm to locate and date a straight female. It was like wandering the desert, searching for water...

Mo better luck at SDSU, UCSD, PB/MB/OB, and Downtown... Military guys had everything on lockdown north of Miramar, and I didn't speaka de español so everything to the south seemed off limits as well. I eventually learned Spanish and adapted and overcame... found a one in a million winner winner chicken dinner who happened to be born in Mexicali, in town for a concert.

So ultimately, San Diego didn't work for me either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 02:35 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,343,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Ratio may be in your favor but keep in mind included in those numbers is a large gay population, especially in the downtown and immediate surrounding areas (wasn't North Park mentioned earlier in this thread?) that will bring down the percentage of eligible mates for you if you seek something beyond friendship.

As for mature professional conventioneers (some who visit once a year or longer) I suppose it is better than none at all but most established people I communicate with would prefer a more local, vs transient, professional population that you have an opportunity to run into on a more frequent basis...pinning your hopes on meeting a once a year professional is equivalent to hoping to run into someone similar on a once a year cruise. But, if that works for some go for it.

As for the entitlement comment, I cannot speak for the others but I know I was referring to, both, men and women but thanks for the analysis...remind me what medical school you attended again. LOL.
I wasn't responding to you - I don't think you are the one who was saying american women are basically undatable and you have to go to Mexico. There's a lot to respond to in this thread, I'm not here to argue you with you specifically lol

I've really never had a hard time finding dates in any metro area, ever. It's the age of the internet. Even when the ratio WASN'T in my favor, no problems. If you put yourself out there and you are looking for someone who you are well matched with, you'll find them.

People start running into problems when they are looking out of their league. Which, honestly men do far more than women do (and that actually is science if you want to look it up lol) women have a much better understanding of their own league.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:35 PM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,081,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb123 View Post
that is if you actually want to meet the more sophisticated people that some have complained are not here and not just locate, conquer and dominate a woman from a low income nation like Mexico lol
do you know wtf are you talking about or are you talking out of your ass (which it looks like it does judging from your other comments). freakn mexican girls are even more emotional and ****-test a man far more than american women do. if anything, american women are easier to dominate than mexican women. the thing mexican women have is that they actually know how to be females (this is something american women horribly lack due to the stupid culture and american women wanting to be exactly like men in everything).

this also applies to asian women (those are even worse than mexican women lol).

Quote:
The men complaining about the entitled women of America and SoCal tend to have problems of their own with dating and look to other countries...that's not a San Diego problem that's something else entirely.
BOTH the men AND women of the US are entitled pieces of ****. women show it a lot more because american culture white-knights a lot to women thanks to the Anglo-Protestant roots of American culture. Men naturally go where there is more feminine women. end of story

Old 08-23-2014, 11:41 PM

sigh....nuff said.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:48 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Gentoo--sorry, but Gaslamp is one of the last places I would recommend to hang. I live within a 5 minute walk and avoid that place more than Ebola--as do many of my mature, successful friends. You might meet mature tourists from out of town, but few locals that fit the mature, let alone successful, criteria.
Well, it has been a while since I did that scene. I did like it over PB though.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:59 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,738,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez765 View Post
do you know wtf are you talking about or are you talking out of your ass (which it looks like it does judging from your other comments). freakn mexican girls are even more emotional and ****-test a man far more than american women do. if anything, american women are easier to dominate than mexican women. the thing mexican women have is that they actually know how to be females (this is something american women horribly lack due to the stupid culture and american women wanting to be exactly like men in everything).

this also applies to asian women (those are even worse than mexican women lol).

BOTH the men AND women of the US are entitled pieces of ****. women show it a lot more because american culture white-knights a lot to women thanks to the Anglo-Protestant roots of American culture. Men naturally go where there is more feminine women. end of story
I'm guessing that you still think all nurses and flight attendants should be women? When America elects its first woman president, you are going to absolutely lose it.

Old 08-24-2014, 01:03 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,546,362 times
I was at Carl Jr Today around 4Oclock and their were like 6 dudes just sitting in there eating alone. None of these dudes look like they had girlfriends. It was very strange and made me think of this thread. I think back about when I was single and young the only time I scored was either, lonely over the hill Housewives, or desperate Chubby women.
I think sometime dudes in San Diego( but mostly guys from out of town with high expectations) are not willing to lower their Standards.
Sometimes you will score with the hot SDSU chicks, Sometimes you wont, but if you lower your standards you may find your Further wife.

Old 08-24-2014, 02:53 AM

dude its Saturday! they better be eating at Carls Jr. alone and not bringing a girl there! Hopefully they were just fueling up before a night out or eating there cause he knew his lady would want salad somewhere lol.

but your story is the same everywhere not just SD.

Unfortunately a lot of the guys here don't know how they are coming across and its not attractive.

But typically yes if you are just looking to 'score' it will be with someone who has lower self esteem and hopefully didn't think you actually liked them...

But yeah, the college girls are looking for guys their own age.

Old 08-24-2014, 06:12 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,550,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I was at Carl Jr Today around 4Oclock and their were like 6 dudes just sitting in there eating alone. None of these dudes look like they had girlfriends. It was very strange and made me think of this thread. I think back about when I was single and young the only time I scored was either, lonely over the hill Housewives, or desperate Chubby women.
I think sometime dudes in San Diego( but mostly guys from out of town with high expectations) are not willing to lower their Standards.
Sometimes you will score with the hot SDSU chicks, Sometimes you wont, but if you lower your standards you may find your Further wife.
....why settle and lower ones standards?...some need someone to be with them 24/7, some want to start a family, some are capable of taking care of themselves and are not afraid to dine alone, go on vacation by themselves or whatever--Personally, I'm in the latter camp and would much rather be alone (but not lonely) than 'settle' for someone or something, especially the wrong one.

Last edited by elchevere; 08-24-2014 at 06:26 AM..

Old 08-24-2014, 08:54 AM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,081,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
I'm guessing that you still think all nurses and flight attendants should be women?
what i don't like is women acting obnoxious because they want to be "part of the boys." anything else, I could care less. my paternal grandmother did work that's normally considered for men and she did it well. I can count with my hands how many american women can do the same and still be feminine.

Quote:
When America elects its first woman president, you are going to absolutely lose it.
I'll more so lose it when I am not allowed to travel out of the country or boy guns. I could care less if a woman is elected president since it's demonstrated that the president is only a puppet to the interests of the Corporations/Wall Street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego