Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2014, 04:08 AM

91 posts, read 134,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo666 View Post
What does this have to do with the original topic (Man Diego) ??
WTF?

Have you read my prior comments between elchevere & I on this Man Diego blog from PAGES 10 TO PRESENT?

I guess not?

"OHH I'M DYING HERE" - BUGS BUNNY, SOUTH POLE PENGUIN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 11:21 PM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,082,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STORM-SHADOW View Post
MAN OH MAN!

You have hit it right on the spot. How the Cali Culture is like for grown ass single men, who don't have any type of professions to act in such manner. LMFAO! Although I did travel across the US to find it there as well, BUT NOT TO THE EXTENT AS IN CA. Since CA is suppose to be the largest US economy & 8th largest in the world to have major metropolitan centers: LA & SF. Sadly, both CA cities lack the depth to find reasonable amount of intellectual & quality natives.
you can still find some intellectual and quality people here in the Bay Area. obviously, there aren't many like there use to be but if you are astute, you can find some. or you can hit it up with tourists here.

LA, **** that city. that city is too much fake glamor for me.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:58 AM

1,963 posts, read 3,044,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STORM-SHADOW View Post
WTF?

Have you read my prior comments between elchevere & I on this Man Diego blog from PAGES 10 TO PRESENT?

I guess not?

"OHH I'M DYING HERE" - BUGS BUNNY, SOUTH POLE PENGUIN.
I didn't say that you have never been on-topic - my question was about the single, LONG post I quoted that I didn't have anything to do with the OP topic. That's all - no reason to get panties bunched.

PS : I myself have no idea (from elsewhere) about where the expression "man-diego" came from.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:17 AM

1,148 posts, read 1,572,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
This thread brought the Lulz. The two youtube videos were ripped from the pages of my own diary.

As a straight male who lived in North Park, that and the nearby Hillcrest RUINED the opportunity and enthusiasm to locate and date a straight female. It was like wandering the desert, searching for water...

Mo better luck at SDSU, UCSD, PB/MB/OB, and Downtown... Military guys had everything on lockdown north of Miramar, and I didn't speaka de español so everything to the south seemed off limits as well. I eventually learned Spanish and adapted and overcame... found a one in a million winner winner chicken dinner who happened to be born in Mexicali, in town for a concert.

So ultimately, San Diego didn't work for me either.
That is funny because last time I visited SD I stooped in Hillcrest to get a crepe and ended up chatting with a georgous 22 yr old girl for 1/2 hour. I did not have much trouble meeting good looking girls at a nearby winebar later that night. Later that weekend a good looking woman in her mid thirties actually sat next to me on a bench at La Jolla, started talkung to me and proceeded to tell me she lived right down the street. I put two and two together thrre lol.

Anyone who has read my posts knows I am no fan of SD. But if you take care of yourself, don't go out looking to "score" snd can hold a good conversation, I think a single guy can do fine in SD.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:51 AM

37 posts, read 79,006 times
Interesting read...

I've lived in & around SD for 18 years...yes, it's tough to meet women here. I'm military, so that's another negative against me. I've never dated a girl locally, my current girlfriend is from my home town. We grew up on the same block & used to play together as children.

My girlfriend worked in Del Mar & later Rancho Santa Fe. When I've gone there to meet her for lunch I've been treated as a plebe.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:31 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,345,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Call_me_Tom View Post
Interesting read...

I've lived in & around SD for 18 years...yes, it's tough to meet women here. I'm military, so that's another negative against me. I've never dated a girl locally, my current girlfriend is from my home town. We grew up on the same block & used to play together as children.

My girlfriend worked in Del Mar & later Rancho Santa Fe. When I've gone there to meet her for lunch I've been treated as a plebe.
funny cause according to the guys here, all the military men are locking down the babes lol

I work for the military, agree some of the people here have a strange anti-military sentiment which is really sad, compared to other places like San Antonio where they welcome the military more. Its not all of San Diego just certain places/people as you mention.

I'm proud of who I work for....others don't get it.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:47 PM

6,507 posts, read 7,538,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUAlum08 View Post
haha i see. we have some of those on the east coast but we call them wiggers or rednecks out here
Rednecks and bros are closely related. However, bros wear a flat billed baseball cap and wear sandals or sneakers where as the rednecks bend the bill excessivelly as wear work boots.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:34 PM

91 posts, read 134,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
....laid back is a pleasant term for dull in my book....agree with the entitlement part but they are too politically correct, not incorrect ( I remember watching a football game in a sports bar where a receiver gave up on the play and I shouted out puss*...a guy, not a gal, reprimanded me that there were ladies present...yeah, right, like my shout was directed towards female anatomy rather than the player who gave up on the play--what a wuss and nowhere else would that happen).....finally, if you say or point out something a WC local disagrees with, they will ask you where you are from or tell you.."Oh, you must be from ____ "--as if to act condescending or superior and trying to guilt or embarrass you into agreeing with them by changing your opinion or taking it back.
AGREED! LMFAO!

Old 08-26-2014, 07:39 PM

37 posts, read 79,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb123 View Post
funny cause according to the guys here, all the military men are locking down the babes lol

I work for the military, agree some of the people here have a strange anti-military sentiment which is really sad, compared to other places like San Antonio where they welcome the military more. Its not all of San Diego just certain places/people as you mention.

I'm proud of who I work for....others don't get it.
It could also be an age thing...I'm in my late 30's & am not flashy. My vehicles are paid off & I usually don't buy things unless I can pay cash.

I assume (actually I've been told this) that SD women feel that if you were successful you wouldn't have NEEDED to join the military.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
angry people write this stuff. nothing like no job and no place to sleep to make you have a bad experience with hookup.
women can smell a jobless BS artist coming a mile away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego