Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2014, 10:33 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,345,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call_me_Tom View Post
It could also be an age thing...I'm in my late 30's & am not flashy. My vehicles are paid off & I usually don't buy things unless I can pay cash.

I assume (actually I've been told this) that SD women feel that if you were successful you wouldn't have NEEDED to join the military.
I think that's a CA thing in general....just hard for them to process that people would join voluntarily, I think less hard for people to get though after 911
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 12:40 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,058,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
nothing like no job and no place to sleep to make you have a bad experience with hookup.
women can smell a jobless BS artist coming a mile away.
Ahem... I resemble that remark. I always had a place. Didn't always have a job. Had to surf, snowboard, mtn bike... and go to college. Didn't have time to work too, Mah Brotha'

Old 08-27-2014, 12:56 AM

yeah they can, like moths to a flame. It's funny to me how many of you guys believe the ladies all want some rich older guy...they are lining up to date that unemployed surfer especially in college and you know it! Maybe 'date' isn't the right word...more like 'convert' you into the better you she could marry one day, far away.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:17 AM

37 posts, read 79,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb123 View Post
I think that's a CA thing in general....just hard for them to process that people would join voluntarily, I think less hard for people to get though after 911
I can see this, I have family all over the US & I get a lot of respect in other states. During the "surge" all one needed to join the Army or Marines was a heart beat, now it's almost impossible to get in or stay in due to downsizing.

Interestingly, most career military make decent money. Most of the service workers that thumbed their nose at me make about 1/3 of what I make. Their clients do make high 6 or low 7 figure money though & I could see that behavior coming from them but they are only a small percentage of the SD population.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call_me_Tom View Post
I can see this, I have family all over the US & I get a lot of respect in other states. During the "surge" all one needed to join the Army or Marines was a heart beat, now it's almost impossible to get in or stay in due to downsizing.

Interestingly, most career military make decent money. Most of the service workers that thumbed their nose at me make about 1/3 of what I make. Their clients do make high 6 or low 7 figure money though & I could see that behavior coming from them but they are only a small percentage of the SD population.
most military do far better now (its not Vietnam anymore) than the average college kid. They get their college paid for, start making money far younger with room and board paid for (a lot of the time, I understand I don't know all the details) but I worked side by side as a contractor in my 20's with military who were getting a far better setup than me financially with student loans and extreme expenses for room and board, etc. I also didn't start making a salary until my late 20's.

This doesn't apply to all people I just noticed that many of the young military were already buying houses and having a real savings before many outside the military...so yeah it is kind of ironic

the average person isn't the smartest, just the way it is have to hold your head high

Old 08-27-2014, 01:35 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,913,244 times
Quote:
yeah they can, like moths to a flame. It's funny to me how many of you guys believe the ladies all want some rich older guy...they are lining up to date that unemployed surfer especially in college and you know it! Maybe 'date' isn't the right word...more like 'convert' you into the better you she could marry one day, far away.
I don't know, there are many females in San diego and Orange County and LA for that matter who look for rich guys. It's not just older rich guys, but sometimes it is. It's more they want rich guys who look like rich guys and drive like rich guys and act like rich guys. It's the 25 year old female, the 35 year old female, the 45 year old female and so on. And half the time they get pissed because they wind up falling for the fake rich guys. They fall for the $10/HR guy buying bottle service downtown. Or they fall for the $50K per year guy who bought a Tesla, but can't afford it. Or his parents have a few bucks, helped him a bit, but there is no trust fund for him. So he only has money when his parents pass away in the future.

The funny thing about places like San Diego is that many "rich guys" don't look or act rich at all. But many females kind of dismiss them as surfers without jobs or minimum wage workers who couldn't afford them and so on.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:44 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,908,614 times
Quote:
My experience is that's only the college girls but once they're about 25 they want a man who can actually afford to support a family because they're looking to settle down themselves. Certainly this is true by the time they hit 30.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
My experience is that's only the college girls but once they're about 25 they want a man who can actually afford to support a family because they're looking to settle down themselves. Certainly this is true by the time they hit 30.
this is more true, yes. But most of the guys here are not talking about girls over GASP 26 lol

though, a lot of guys still think they want super rich, when most women of that age just want someone that can support the family if they happened to get pregnant, stability. Not millionaires and billionaires.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:53 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,913,244 times
The one thing I find funny in San diego is there are a lot of 35 and older women looking for 40 and older men who were never married, never had any kids, and so on. It happens, but I wouldn't tell my male friends that they should only date 35 and up females who never had kids or were never married. So why would I tell my female friends the same? But San Diego is filled with many 35 year old women who want kids, want to be married, but want a guy over 40 who never seemed to have any serious relationships in his life.

You're probably not going to find many of them for one and you probably are going to find ones who never had serious relationships for a reason. They might be nuts. Or they might be too into their careers or lives or too selfish to have ever wanted one.

It's odd to me because in most places you really don't expect a 40 year old to never have had any serious relationships in their life. And that goes male or female.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:58 PM

7,411 posts, read 6,556,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro2000 View Post
I don't know, there are many females in San diego and Orange County and LA for that matter who look for rich guys. It's not just older rich guys, but sometimes it is. It's more they want rich guys who look like rich guys and drive like rich guys and act like rich guys. It's the 25 year old female, the 35 year old female, the 45 year old female and so on. And half the time they get pissed because they wind up falling for the fake rich guys. They fall for the $10/HR guy buying bottle service downtown. Or they fall for the $50K per year guy who bought a Tesla, but can't afford it. Or his parents have a few bucks, helped him a bit, but there is no trust fund for him. So he only has money when his parents pass away in the future.

The funny thing about places like San Diego is that many "rich guys" don't look or act rich at all. But many females kind of dismiss them as surfers without jobs or minimum wage workers who couldn't afford them and so on.
....can't help recall the stories from OC about my friends who would be asked what car they drive and/or told if they didn't make $200,000/year (this was back in the 90's, so we're probably talking $300,000 or more now) they can't see them anymore...if a woman ever pulled that stunt on me, I would reply with a question along the lines of if she performs a certain act one performs when the relationship has turned intimate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego