Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 11:03 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,541,391 times

Advertisements

There are really some seriously gorgeous latinas in SD. If you can speak Spanish, you'll increase your chances. I saw quite a bunch while on the trolley going to Old town and then to Imperial Beach...also lots of nice ones waiting for the San Ysidro/Tijuana trolley.

The attractive women of SD who ride the buses/trolleys are really gawked at by men...it was interesting to observe the guys checking out the gals...i can see why many women kinda avoid acting friendly on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 11:23 PM

223 posts, read 514,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windnsea00 View Post
I've noticed this too, I believe the greater diversity and larger population help play a role. The "douchebag" seems to have better luck in more than less of SD. Of course, there are no shortage of those in LA also.

Interesting. In Phoenix Metro, the douchebags do well in Scottsdale. They are often the 30K millionaires....They owe more on their beaten up BMWs than I owe on both my homes.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:18 PM

76 posts, read 191,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyinsd View Post
Clearly, you have never seen the line to get into Fluxx. Lots of women, most without men. Of course, it's because that place has a fat cover for men to get in and they try to keep the ratio good but...
Where is Fluxx? I'll check it out the next time I'm in SD and I'll bring my wallet.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:16 PM

102 posts, read 236,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
I lived in San Diego for 10 years and the dating scene is not as bad as where I am now (Sicily, Italy). I did see plenty of single and available women out at the bars and clubs. What I did notice however, is once you start dating them and getting to know them, you realize that they have plenty of options. What I also noticed was that it seemed like the good ones were taken, while the single ones (even the good looking ones) had baggage so that's why they were single.

I was also younger and in my prime when I was living there (most of my 20's). I'm not sure how the dating scene back there in my 30's would compare to back then. I hear its pretty brutal now back in the States in general with girls in their early 20's (majority of the girls in the clubs) with their attitudes.
Spot On! Spot On!

Nothings changed.

I tend to see less single women and more men in virtually any social setting. The one time this was not the case, it was a lesbian bar, drats!

The military definitely makes a big difference here. It's funny because when ever most women are asked about this, they say they tend to stay away from military guys, yet I'd say about 8 out of 10 women I know are dating guys from the military.

The single professional 25- 45 demographic is missing in SD in general, men or women but seem to be less women.

I know of plenty average girls personally who change guys like every other week. On the other hand I know of plenty of guys who struggle just to meet one. Me thinks, something is off here

I'm surprised to hear about Italy, hopefully that's only true for Sicily or the 'boot' as they call it.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
There are plenty of women, and we do have a considerable gay male population, that is not interested in females.
We also have plenty of lesbians that are not interested in men

Old 12-23-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignutz View Post
funny youtube vids on dating in San Diego...

San Diego Dating for Females - YouTube

San Diego Dating - YouTube
LOL, these videos are so funny and yet so sad and true at the same time.

I think it was good 'ole George who said it best...

“Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid.”

This pretty much sums up the dating culture in America these days, especially in SD.

Just like the videos show and much like everything else that happens in life, we only have ourselves to blame. We enable and celebrate each others bad behaviors on a daily basis and then we wonder why we have such a hard time finding what we're looking for.

I think we should all take a good look at ourselves and see what it is we could be doing that not only affects our own lives but those of others as well.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:03 AM

18 posts, read 105,458 times
My advice for the guys looking for a decent girl in San Diego, DON'T unless she is educated, cultured and doesn't easily fall for the Military, Buff types.

I find it that most men have a better chance looking elsewhere. Dating in San Diego is basically like dating at work or at school. (Don't **** where you eat!) If you cannot afford to date outside of San Diego, then start bettering yourself. If you want it bad enough you will work hard to better your life and find the right partner.

It seems most of the girls here are from either broken families or grew up with the ghetto mentality or attitude. Everyone has to be tough or dangerous to get respect or something.

I say this based on experience. Others may have different experiences, but for those who don't have the "SWAG" should look elsewhere.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:21 PM

252 posts, read 258,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
I lived in San Diego for 10 years and the dating scene is not as bad as where I am now (Sicily, Italy). I did see plenty of single and available women out at the bars and clubs. What I did notice however, is once you start dating them and getting to know them, you realize that they have plenty of options. What I also noticed was that it seemed like the good ones were taken, while the single ones (even the good looking ones) had baggage so that's why they were single.

I was also younger and in my prime when I was living there (most of my 20's). I'm not sure how the dating scene back there in my 30's would compare to back then. I hear its pretty brutal now back in the States in general with girls in their early 20's (majority of the girls in the clubs) with their attitudes.
^ This is pretty much it

- Military has no effect on the bar/club scene because the military mostly only parties in Oceanside/Carlsbad

- ''Plenty of [male] options''. Indeed but to me it's the kind of competition that ruins it. San Diego is full of Trust Fund babies and Drug dealers. Meaning free money. Barely anyone is saving money here. It's all Living in the Moment. ''Living the Life'' before you are 30. The military could also be put into this category considering the huge benefits when in college: Free apartment

When females are constantly being bombarded with offers of glamour and luxury, this effects their expectations. Consider, what percentage of 18-25 year old males in this city live with their parents and yet girls are very against dating such a guy. That means they are going for the guy not in college, selling drugs or living off daddies bank account. While you are busting your ass trying to build the foundation for the rest of your life, you are competing with people living like they are retired.

American culture as a whole is shallow and narcissistic but when you consider regions like Southern California, it is at a whole nother level. I heard a friend from Los Angeles describe San Diego as a very morally ambiguous place. Many people that grew up in San Diego never traveled and intend on living in this city all their life. It's a very interesting little reality many live in.

If you don't meet your serious GF while in college or high school (haha) then it's slim pickens unless you are going to date at work. Even at that point, you will deal with San Diego girls that have ''done it all and seen it all'' in little San Diego.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:58 PM

91 posts, read 134,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondogger View Post
Spot On! Spot On!

Nothings changed.

I tend to see less single women and more men in virtually any social setting. The one time this was not the case, it was a lesbian bar, drats!

The military definitely makes a big difference here. It's funny because when ever most women are asked about this, they say they tend to stay away from military guys, yet I'd say about 8 out of 10 women I know are dating guys from the military.

The single professional 25- 45 demographic is missing in SD in general, men or women but seem to be less women.

I know of plenty average girls personally who change guys like every other week. On the other hand I know of plenty of guys who struggle just to meet one. Me thinks, something is off here

I'm surprised to hear about Italy, hopefully that's only true for Sicily or the 'boot' as they call it.
FYI,

This is VERY TRUE in Sicily, Sardania, & Southern Italy b/c of its economies are in agriculture & fishery (male jobs). Most of the females from those Italian Regions, who are college graduates to look for professional jobs in Central & Northern Italy. I worked in Milan (the economic capital) & visited in Rome (the political capital). WOW! There is GREATER FEMALE vs. male ratio in both Italian cities. Most Italian females like to work in the public (Rome) or private (Milan) sectors. What Rome is to DC & Milan is to NYC.

Man Diego:

Yes the US Military, particularly the USMC & USNY didn't help this GREATER MALE vs. female ratio in SD. I too experienced it when I served in the USAF. My basic training & tech school (AF job specialty) was in Man Antonio, TX. LOL! Afterwards, I was stationed at Biloxi, MS & I was deployed to Iraq (2004-2005). There is a joke in the US Military about the GREATER MALE vs. female ratio to be called a "SAUSAGE FEST." LMAO! Glad I served, but I don't miss the GREATER MALE vs. LESS FEMALE ratio at all.

Now I live in the East Coast, particularly NYC. The GREATER FEMALE vs. MALE ratio is AWESOME! I can enjoy my selection of beautiful, intellectual, & multicultural females from all over the globe. Can I get a witness? AMEN!

Old 08-20-2014, 10:15 PM

91 posts, read 134,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite_limit View Post
^ This is pretty much it

- Military has no effect on the bar/club scene because the military mostly only parties in Oceanside/Carlsbad

- ''Plenty of [male] options''. Indeed but to me it's the kind of competition that ruins it. San Diego is full of Trust Fund babies and Drug dealers. Meaning free money. Barely anyone is saving money here. It's all Living in the Moment. ''Living the Life'' before you are 30. The military could also be put into this category considering the huge benefits when in college: Free apartment

When females are constantly being bombarded with offers of glamour and luxury, this effects their expectations. Consider, what percentage of 18-25 year old males in this city live with their parents and yet girls are very against dating such a guy. That means they are going for the guy not in college, selling drugs or living off daddies bank account. While you are busting your ass trying to build the foundation for the rest of your life, you are competing with people living like they are retired.

American culture as a whole is shallow and narcissistic but when you consider regions like Southern California, it is at a whole another level. I heard a friend from Los Angeles describe San Diego as a very morally ambiguous place. Many people that grew up in San Diego never traveled and intend on living in this city all their life. It's a very interesting little reality many live in.

If you don't meet your serious GF while in college or high school (haha) then it's slim pickens unless you are going to date at work. Even at that point, you will deal with San Diego girls that have ''done it all and seen it all'' in little San Diego.
Agreed,

Particularly in the US Pacific & South Atlantic regions. They are nice, but they tend to be very shallow in their personalities. Trust me, b/c I traveled & meet people all over the country. This is NOT a phenomenon here. I think the best options are searching females in the US Northern & Eastern regions. They have intellectual characters & professional fields. Once they get to know you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego