Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2016, 01:19 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,650,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well said.

Here's another view from a sportswriter at the Mercury News who answers those who thinks what Kap does is to disrespect vets: what are you doing for the veterans, or is it just posturing?

49ers' Colin Kaepernick sat during national anthem and sparked national debate; what's your contribution? - Mercury News
KC is just another Joe without football. He has something like $100 million gained thur the NFL playing in a 49'er team jersey. He wants to support BLM fine and good. But all he can come up with is setting out the National Anthem. Weak !
Outside the game he could be doing so much and it would not adversely affect his team and the NFL. Very little going on in his WEAK little pea brain, IMO.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:48 PM

24,410 posts, read 27,001,341 times
To bring change in 2016, you need to grab the attention from those who are neutral and in the opposing side, but in a positive manner. This was the flaw in Kap's decision. Publicity can easily work against the cause now that everything is broadcasted 24 hours a day. F

or example, I think BLM has done more damage than good for their cause. They have turned a lot of neutral people into the opposing side by some of their methods of protesting such as blocking traffic and the more extreme destruction of public and private property.

For Kap, it's hard to respect him when he shows zero appreciation for what this country has done for him. He was abandoned by his parents and adopted by a nice White couple who gave him a great life, which led to him making millions each year playing a sport. If he is serious, he would gain a lot of respect and support by admitting he doesn't deserve to be making millions playing a sport meanwhile there are thousands of people other minorities who weren't as lucky as him who are working double shifts and still not being able to have a decent living. If he then continued to say, to show I want to lead the charge, I will make donate all but $100k of my salary to help minorities and I hope more people follow too, I would respect him and so would the vast majority of the country. He says nothing about this, which is why I think he is just a spoiled privileged brat who doesn't realize his own privilege, which to many makes him come off as an ungrateful hypocrite.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:53 PM

21,759 posts, read 16,378,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
What does my believing he has a weak mind have to do Islam.
"Islam is at the root of his protest" and "anyone who converts to Islam has a weak mind" are your words and thoughts, not mine. What i posted is below......
Um, no. You perhaps thought I was projecting. I was not. I was / am asking. An honest question. And the reason I asked is how your post was structured. You wrote:
Quote:
I just read thur the mentioned "other KC thread"...
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...onths-ago.html
I have been wondering if his on field QB problems were just the lack of understanding the game. Now I really believe he has a weak mind.
... in which your comment on CK possibly having a "weak mind" followed your mention of reading a thread on him converting to Islam.

I thought it an odd connection coming from you based on most of your previous postings I have read (and enjoyed). So I asked for clarification. I guess you are clarifying now that the topic of the other thread being about his conversion to Islam is not relational to your disagreement with his protest - nor your pondering his possible weak mind? Is that right? Still not 100% clear.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Um, no. You perhaps thought I was projecting. I was not. I was / am asking. An honest question. And the reason I asked is how your post was structured. You wrote:
... in which your comment on CK possibly having a "weak mind" followed your mention of reading a thread on him converting to Islam.

I thought it an odd connection coming from you based on most of your previous postings I have read (and enjoyed). So I asked for clarification. I guess you are clarifying now that the topic of the other thread being about his conversion to Islam is not relational to your disagreement with his protest - nor your pondering his possible weak mind? Is that right? Still not 100% clear.
"the other thread" is about much more than the title. One day old and 24 pages at this point.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
"the other thread" is about much more than the title. One day old and 24 pages at this point.
Ah. Well, that (the "much more than") is not apparent from merely the thread title, which is all you supplied as a preface to your comment. Which is from where my surprise was generated.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Ah. Well, that (the "much more than") is not apparent from merely the thread title, which is all you supplied as a preface to your comment. Which is from where my surprise was generated.
LOL, preface? I said, "I just read thur the mentioned "other KC thread"... and then linked to it. never mind. I'm done other than to repeat what I said in my posts....

Quote:
I am a 49'er fan. He is a detriment to the team both on and now off the field.
Quote:
Quote:
I just read thur the mentioned "other KC thread"...
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...onths-ago.html
I have been wondering if his on field QB problems were just the lack of understanding the game. Now I really believe he has a weak mind.
Quote:
KC is just another Joe without football. He has something like $100 million gained thur the NFL playing in a 49'er team jersey. He wants to support BLM fine and good. But all he can come up with is setting out the National Anthem. Weak !
Outside the game he could be doing so much and it would not adversely affect his team and the NFL. Very little going on in his WEAK little pea brain, IMO.
Aargh ! The End

Old 08-29-2016, 03:42 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,856,088 times
One thing that hasn't been brought up as far as I know is that CK is employed by the NFL/49ers and his protests are being carried out during "work time" which most of us couldn't do without probably getting fired. Why doesn't he hold his pressers at his house or on the street corner where most other protesters have to do. Another point is that most fans go to/watch football as an escape from all the problems we have, world and political problems and just want to enjoy themselves for a few hours without being bombarded with political stuff. A lot of fans may feel this is interfering with their entertainment for which they are paying hefty ticket prices. Also, what happens when another player wants to protest his personal cause, how many are going give allowed, they can't let one player do it and not any others. This can get very complicated. I've heard that San Diego authorities are preparing for protests around the game Thursday night...we are a very heavy military town. Stay tuned...

Old 08-29-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
LOL, preface? I said, "I just read thur the mentioned "other KC thread"... and then linked to it. never mind. I'm done other than to repeat what I said in my posts....

Aargh ! The End
Sourdough, friend - you posted a link to a thread titled :
Kaepernick converted to Islam two months ago. No wonder his disrespects the National Anthem!
The only thing that thread title says is that Kaepernick converted to Islam two months ago - then speculates that is why he "disrespects the National Anthem".

Your comment immediately following was a non-sequitur to that thread title. Then you added one more line that you are starting to think he has a weak mind.

There was no explanation whatsoever to link anything together. No reference to other things discussed in the other thread. Nothing. So I asked you what did you mean because linking the disparate three lines together would connect converting to Islam with not understanding the game of football and having a weak mind.

It didn't make sense. It still doesn't. You're wondering why I asked?

Old 08-29-2016, 05:58 PM

36,664 posts, read 67,591,134 times
Why is the local news still talking about this?

I disagree with him but he has the right to do that. Get over it.

Old 08-29-2016, 06:02 PM

6,418 posts, read 8,285,865 times
Slow news cycle. Not much else going on for people to be outraged over. Give it a few days and nobody will care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland