Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2016, 06:59 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Excellent point.

But the socks were highly disrespectful and offensive.
Yes, well, so are at least half the things people post on these forums. Yet the world - and the forum - survives and folks muddle through. Unlike those shot and killed unjustifiably.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
This guy should've been cut long ago for his pig socks.

He's disgusting.
Same can be said for at least half the contributors to these forums.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:38 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Same can be said for at least half the contributors to these forums.
Exactly *hint hint* *nudge nudge*

Old 09-01-2016, 09:01 PM

If the shoe fits ...

Old 09-01-2016, 11:32 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinfairfax View Post
Last time I checked, the founders of this country left Europe to escape religious prosecution and tried to build a government that is secular.
It's religious persecution, not prosecution.

The point of the Establishment Clause in the First Amendment is to keep the government from establishing an official government sanctioned or sponsored religion, not to purge any influence that religious thought might have re issues that might be addressed by government entities. There is a difference between those two things.

Old 09-02-2016, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

The point of the Establishment Clause in the First Amendment is to keep the government from establishing an official government sanctioned or sponsored religion, not to purge any influence that religious thought might have re issues that might be addressed by government entities. There is a difference between those two things.
Oh noes! A typo?! Well, now THAT changes everything!

Change topics, everyone, like a flock of birds in flight! Someone used an off-topic comment to express an opinion and bungled a spelling! Anything goes at this point!

So, while we're here, loose and unattended, can we turn on the Jehovah's Witnesses now for refusing to salute the flag and say the Pledge? Subversives!

Old 09-02-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Oh noes! A typo?! Well, now THAT changes everything!

Change topics, everyone, like a flock of birds in flight! Someone used an off-topic comment to express an opinion and bungled a spelling! Anything goes at this point!

So, while we're here, loose and unattended, can we turn on the Jehovah's Witnesses now for refusing to salute the flag and say the Pledge? Subversives!
It's not a misspelling, it's a different word. You're not inside his head to know if he understands the difference. He obviously doesn't understand the founder's intent re how it relates to religion and the government, exemplified in the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.

I notice you completely ignore the meat of my post, which was the response to his lack of understanding. I'd guess that might be because you know I am correct, and wouldn't want to admit that I'm correct about anything.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
It's not a misspelling, it's a different word. You're not inside his head to know if he understands the difference. He obviously doesn't understand the founder's intent re how it relates to religion and the government, exemplified in the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.

I notice you completely ignore the meat of my post, which was the response to his lack of understanding. I'd guess that might be because you know I am correct, and wouldn't want to admit that I'm correct about anything.
I was a printer for most of my adult life. I lived in a world of proofreading and typos and print communications. A "typo" is any honest mistake of misspelling or juxtaposition or errant word substitution. The technical term is: "a brain fart."

That said, I ignored the "meat of your post?" No I didn't. I addressed it as being irrelevant and insignificant to this thread and issue. Which is what it is.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:41 PM

397 posts, read 364,356 times
Quote:

What is the big difference? Constitution was founded on biblical thoughts like humans are imperfect.

The founders came from Europe to escape intolerance of certain religions. They wanted ALL religions to be practiced freely and not have the government interfere with it.

"Under god" was added in 1950s because of the conservative movement to quell progressive movements.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
That said, I ignored the "meat of your post?" No I didn't. I addressed it as being irrelevant and insignificant to this thread and issue. Which is what it is.
Obviously it is irrelevant in your own mind, but that doesn't change the fact that that assessment of irrelevance didn't make it into your post. You only addressed my first paragraph in your post, not including any response in your post to my second paragraph.

Last edited by RMESMH; 09-02-2016 at 02:26 PM.. Reason: Added three words
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland