Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2016, 11:32 AM

397 posts, read 364,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
How do you feel about the socks he has been wearing to practices showing pigs dressed as police? I saw the photos (if the are genuine). People noticed him wearing these socks for a few weeks but just coming out to the public now. Wouldn't this break some sort of NFL uniform rules...
Ha, not sure if anyone cares about uniform rules.

Think we need to broaden the scope of the prison reform to include our policing. Some of the police departments I think has become a "business model" to keep their jobs and funding. To that extent, I'm not sure if republicans are willing to accept any change if we approach them "civilly". They never have and never will.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:39 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
How do you feel about the socks he has been wearing to practices showing pigs dressed as police? I saw the photos (if the are genuine). People noticed him wearing these socks for a few weeks but just coming out to the public now. Wouldn't this break some sort of NFL uniform rules...
About the same as I feel about socks in general: not much.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:15 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,849,708 times
Yes, but NFL is very strict about wearing anything during games that isn't authorized, i.e. Most recently Hoodies, patches that support the police. Maybe during practices there are different standards. I know they are just socks but verify how he feels about law enforcement. SFPD has sent letter to 49ers demanding apology for his comments about cops getting away with murder, etc.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Yes, but NFL is very strict about wearing anything during games that isn't authorized, i.e. Most recently Hoodies, patches that support the police. Maybe during practices there are different standards. I know they are just socks but verify how he feels about law enforcement. SFPD has sent letter to 49ers demanding apology for his comments about cops getting away with murder, etc.
Oh noes! Moral turpitude in hosiery! There's a moral equivalent to shooting unarmed Black Americans if there ever was one!

By the way, you know why the NFL is strict about what players wear at games and news conferences? It's to ensure that NOBODY gets away with NFL visibility without paying sponsor fees to the league. Has nothing to do with ethics.

You really think a pair of socks is CK's passive aggressive statement against police? The guy stands up in an intensely public protest and voices his rationale on national media - but you think he's trying to slip something in on a pair of pig socks at a closed to the public team practice? Seems to me the CK is plenty willing to be open about his feelings without resorting to subliminal sock messages.

While you are focusing on nefarious hidden conspiratorial messaging - uh, why don't you just pay attention to what he says and does openly in public display? You want his socks to carry a sinister message all the while you pay no attention to his public position statements?

You quote his socks but don't quote his words. Great.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
... just giving my opinion and you mention a few vets might be offended by his actions: do you pay any attention to the media, whether on the web, TV, Radio or reading newspapers? I am guessing not, or you would realize, more than a few are upset with his actions...
Here's some veteran's backlash for you:
Veterans defend Kaepernick on social media - CNN.com

Trump. Colin. 2016.

Quote:
Kaepernick has said that his controversial stance is not directed towards people in the military.
"I have great respect for the men and women that have fought for this country," Kaepernick told the press Sunday. "I have family, I have friends that have gone and fought for this country. And they fight for freedom, they fight for the people, they fight for liberty and justice, for everyone."
"That's not happening. People are dying in vain because this country isn't holding their end of the bargain up, as far as giving freedom and justice, liberty to everybody."

Old 09-01-2016, 02:47 PM

397 posts, read 364,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post

Trump. Colin. 2016.
Well said

Old 09-01-2016, 03:46 PM

406 posts, read 288,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I feel special you created a fake handle to give a shout out to me *making me blush*

If Black lives really matter to you, then we should follow leaders like Mayor Giuliani, who supported police and cracked down on crime. The murder rate dropped more than half and the vast majority of those murders were in poor Black neighborhoods. That is how you show Black lives matter. Instead, we have all these politically correct people mislead by Liberal leaders. When you actually look at the statistics, you can't argue that police are the main reason why Black people are being murdered in their neighborhoods. The majority of those murders are by other people in their community. If we want to save Black lives, then we need to increase police presence to protect the innocent and get rid of the murderers in their communities. It amazes me that a Black child can get murdered walking home, yet guilty Liberals don't care... instead they march and riot when a criminal attacks a police officer and is killed in the exchange. Granted there have been some deaths that were completely not justified in any way, but they make up 0.1% of the murders of Black people.

In summary, if you actually want to save Black lives, then you need to crack down on the thugs in the local communities, not attack police officers who are trying bring justice to these criminals. Whenever the elephant in the room is brought up, a Liberal will automatically divert the conservation to, "OH YOU ARE A RACIST!" Yeah, look how well it's working, can't face facts, so let's divert the focus.
FYI, a community isn't going to forfeit fair treatment and civil rights just because it has crime.

One

In New York City, violent crime peaked in 1990, and began to decline three years before Giuliani took office. In fact, the decline in violent crime reflected a national trend. I know you like simple solutions to complex issues, but crime rates act independently of incarceration rates. Interestingly, the rise and fall of violent crime is associated with the rise and fall of childhood lead exposure.
Quote:
Childhood lead exposure can lead to psychological deficits that are strongly associated with aggressive and criminal behavior. In the late 1970s in the United States, lead was removed from gasoline under the Clean Air Act. Using the sharp state-specific reductions in lead exposure resulting from this removal, this article finds that the reduction in childhood lead exposure in the late 1970s and early 1980s is responsible for significant declines in violent crime in the 1990s, and may cause further declines into the future.
Environmental Policy as Social Policy? The Impact of Childhood Lead Exposure on Crime

Ironically, in 1992, Giuliani egged on violent protests and bridge blockades from thousands of off duty cops in New York City.
Quote:
Thousands of off-duty police officers thronged around City Hall yesterday, swarming through police barricades to rally on the steps of the hall and blocking traffic on the Brooklyn Bridge for nearly an hour in the most unruly and angry police demonstration in recent memory.

While the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association had called the rally to protest Mayor David N. Dinkins's proposal to create an independent civilian agency that would look into police misconduct, the huge turnout -- estimated by the Police Department at 10,000 protesters -- and the harsh emotional pitch reflected widespread anger among rank-and-file officers toward the Mayor for his handling of riots against the police in Washington Heights last July, his refusal to give them semiautomatic weapons and his appointment of an outside panel to investigate corruption.
Officers Rally And Dinkins Is Their Target - NYTimes.com

Two

Yes, crime is undesirable, unfortunate, and a concern. The root of crime isn't located in black skin, but rather socio-economic factors. If black people were predisposed to violence, we would expect poor blacks to have similar victimization rates as high income blacks, and substantially higher victimization rates than poor whites. Neither is the case.
Quote:
For the period 2008–12—
  • Persons in poor households at or below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (39.8 per 1,000) had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households (16.9 per 1,000).
  • Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000) had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per 1,000).
Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) - Household Poverty and Nonfatal Violent Victimization, 2008–2012

Most violent crime is intra-racial because it is driven by proximity and opportunity. White people are more likely to live near other white people, school with other white people, and interact with other white people. Hence, 84% of white victims are killed by whites. Not to mention, they are more likely to assault, rape, and rob other white people. (ditto for black people). Yet, there is discussion about white on white crime. No such term exists.
https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/publicatio...aspx?ID=243356

The term black on black crime is a misnomer that intends to associate criminality, dysfunction, and abnormality to African Americans, because it seeks to locate the issue of crime to cultural pathology, rather than something solvable by political action. It is often used to deflect legitimate grievances about racism.

epitomized by the man with no reflection, himself:
Quote:
I’d also say, be very careful of those kids in the neighborhood, and don’t get involved with them, because, son, there’s a 99 percent chance they’re going to kill you, not the police. And we’ve got to hear that from the black community. And what we’ve got to hear from the black community is, how and what they are doing, among themselves, about the crime problem in the black community.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e8e16c611e17

Three

Black Lives Matter is an organization that protests police brutality and racial discrimination in the criminal justice system. This isn't necessarily separate from confronting issues of urban crime because a demand or plea for better and ethical policing practices functions to build trust, morale and accountability, which improves cooperation, participation, and partnership between communities and law enforcement to help address issues with crime.

Black Lives Matter isn't an anti-cop movement either. Critiquing what may be inappropriate behavior/actions and violations of civil rights committed by cops, and challenging the impunity enjoyed by cops, is not anti-cop. A demand for justice, accountability, fair treatment within the criminal justice system is not anti-cop.

It's cringeworthy to suggest African Americans do not have reason, urgency, or the right to protest police brutality and racial discrimination in the criminal justice system.

Old 09-01-2016, 04:49 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
17 pages dedicated to a man's ass.
Has anyone yet opined on whether it's a nice ass or not?

Old 09-01-2016, 05:54 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post

Trump. Colin. 2016.
Excellent point.

But the socks were highly disrespectful and offensive.

Old 09-01-2016, 06:02 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
This guy should've been cut long ago for his pig socks.

He's disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland