Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2016, 08:17 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,361,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Are you serious lol

Yes because CK throws a ball around for a living and isn't even that good compared to others in his field. Other than that, a lot of his views on issues aren't known, but I can assume he is too liberal for me, but who knows.
Completely serious.

CK throws a ball. The Donald throws bull s**t. You prefer bulls**t. Ok. Got it.

Old 09-01-2016, 08:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Converts to Islam and now refuses to stand for the flag... what's next I wonder
of course you are right: add to this, he knows, by staying in the spot light he probably will not be released or traded cause he will scream unfair treatment.
the media and us included are doing just what he wants; giving him all the attention he could ask for.

Old 09-01-2016, 08:55 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Completely serious.

CK throws a ball. The Donald throws bull s**t. You prefer bulls**t. Ok. Got it.
vs Hillary who essentially gave ISIS the ability to turn into a power house, supported numerous regime changes, who supported and pushed for every military action, who worked with Debbie to rig the primary election, who refuses to hold press conferences, who blantantly lied to the victims parents of Benghazi then called them liars on national tv, who blantantly lied about her use of private email servers, this is just touching the tip of the iceberg. Between Trump or Hillary, I'll take Trump...

Old 09-01-2016, 08:56 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yes, Kap may be playing everybody. In which case this is a failure of character he'll have to live with. Regardless, the awareness he is bringing forward is worthy.

On the other hand, the assumption that he is a washed up failure of a player is possibly nothing more than impatient fan-quarterbacking. Consider what the special coach who has worked with him multiple seasons with multiple teams, and who is now working with him on the 49er's systems, has to say about his potential contribution and future including consideration of the disruptiveness of his protest:
He isn't bringing anything or any awareness forward except to tell kids it ok to refuse to cooperate or follow general rules. Don't like it kids, you don't have to do it!!! I am very much in favor of freedom of speech, but there is a time and place for everything. It appears some people include CK isn't bright enough to figure this out. Racism has escalated in the past few years: Wonder why?

And now I think it is time for me to exit this discussion and get a few things done around here, like clean the house and get ready for some interesting company for dinner tonight.

Last edited by nmnita; 09-01-2016 at 09:14 AM..

Old 09-01-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
vs Hillary who essentially gave ISIS the ability to turn into a power house, supported numerous regime changes, who supported and pushed for every military action, who worked with Debbie to rig the primary election, who refuses to hold press conferences, who blantantly lied to the victims parents of Benghazi then called them liars on national tv, who blantantly lied about her use of private email servers, this is just touching the tip of the iceberg. Between Trump or Hillary, I'll take Trump...
Lmfao. I haven't said a word in support of Hillary. You were asked if you liked Trump, given your condemnation of CK's protest while Trump has arguably been more offensive to the military - which offense to the military has been a primary attack of yours against CK's behavior.

You admit you know nothing about CK's political and social views other than this one protest issue. Yet, knowing well, as we all do, the Trumpster's rudely disrespectful discriminatory positions on a wide range of issues - um, you'd pick Trump as your model for American behavior.

Got it.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Converts to Islam and now refuses to stand for the flag... what's next I wonder
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
of course you are right: add to this, he knows, by staying in the spot light he probably will not be released or traded cause he will scream unfair treatment.
the media and us included are doing just what he wants; giving him all the attention he could ask for.
Don't know how I missed this gem of BS before. You know, bmw, perpetuating falsities is a hallmark of most of your posts. And I have pointed out before how destructive it is. Downright maliciously unethical.

While it wouldn't matter if CK had converted to Islam - that has nothing to do with the validity of the point he is challenging - um, he apparently didn't. That is rated a myth being spread by right-wing AM radio culture.

Colin Kaepernick Converts to Islam? : snopes.com

You make a perfect Trump-eteer. Maybe there's a place under his rock for you.

And nita, you played right into this?

Have either of you actually read CK's statements on why he is doing what he is? What he believes? What he supports?

Old 09-01-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
He isn't bringing anything or any awareness forward except to tell kids it ok to refuse to cooperate or follow general rules.
A rather silly statement, nita. Obviously this is news and fodder for discussion all across the nation for adults - far more than for kids.
Quote:
Don't like it kids, you don't have to do it!!!
Yeah. Kids, if you think your nation is disrespecting a segment of it's population, dangerously so especially, you should always remain silent.
Quote:
I am very much in favor of freedom of speech,
Except, of course, when you disagree.

Quote:
there is a time and place for everything.
Yeah? Like when for equal treatment for all by law enforcement?

Quote:
It appears some people include CK isn't bright enough to figure this out.
You know much about CK's intellectual capabilities? You don't appear to even know he hasn't converted to Islam. Do you think he was appointed to be one of the NFL's starting quarterbacks because he was raised by rich white folks? Or did he have to be smart enough, and disciplined enough to learn the very complex strategic systems of the premier level of his sport?
Quote:
Racism has escalated in the past few years: Wonder why?
Has it? Can you back that up? Racism hasn't "escalated" one bit. It has always festered and simmered at least under the surfaces of polite society. The only thing new in all this is a new level of public outrage standing up to it.

Quote:
And now I think it is time for me to exit this discussion and get a few things done around here, like clean the house and get ready for some interesting company for dinner tonight.
Good idea. Back to entertaining white life

Oh, and nita, you still haven't answered my hypothetical question on standing up to respect posed in previous posts. Maybe when you get time in between entertaining white folks?

Old 09-01-2016, 10:25 AM

397 posts, read 364,319 times
Conservatives have completely perverted what is defined as "patriotism" in this country. It is NOT a blind support for military and the police.

It's just like how they were able to slip in the phrase "under god" in our pledge of allegiance. Last time I checked, the founders of this country left Europe to escape religious prosecution and tried to build a government that is secular.

Old 09-01-2016, 10:26 AM

397 posts, read 364,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ae Yong View Post
You're dealing with City Data Mouth Breathers. This forum attracts the lowest demographic in America. It's fun to pull their card which is why I keep coming back. The moderators agree with these amoeba which is why they ban anybody who challenges them. Yet their filth can stay up forever.
Another one???

Old 09-01-2016, 10:33 AM

5,139 posts, read 8,852,035 times
How do you feel about the socks he has been wearing to practices showing pigs dressed as police? I saw the photos (if the are genuine). People noticed him wearing these socks for a few weeks but just coming out to the public now. Wouldn't this break some sort of NFL uniform rules...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland