Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2016, 07:35 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,361,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
LOL, typical response... "I don't know how to counter common sense, so I will just make a personal attack"

Liberals have been doing that for awhile now on many issues such as lifting black people out of poverty. Almost 8 years of Obama and blacks are worse off than before. Whenever a Republican brings this up, it's countered with, "OH YEAH, YOU'RE A RACIST" instead of countering any statistic.
As usual, nothing to back up your hyperbolic ranting

Old 08-30-2016, 07:36 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Ha. You really think gay marriage being legal and mainstream is because 'the gays' behaved themselves. Your political opinions have always been pretty misinformed, so I'm not surprised you're sticking to your guns and trotting out such ridiculous logic. A few months ago, you were a staunch Trump supporter and now Gary Johnson is your favorite candidate.
I've said it numerous times, I'm a social liberal and a fiscal conservative. However, liberals are starting to take a very extreme path in the past year or so.

And yes, support for gay people has grown because people don't see them as a menace to society now. They see them as normal nice people. The stereotype of them just wanting to rape all men and having no morals has proven false.

Old 08-30-2016, 07:37 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,361,136 times
Quote:
I've said it numerous times, I'm a social liberal and a fiscal conservative. However, liberals are starting to take a very extreme path in the past year or so.

And yes, support for gay people has grown because people don't see them as a menace to society now. They see them as normal nice people. The stereotype of them just wanting to rape all men and having no morals has proven false.
You continue to ignore how their message was persistently delivered.

Old 08-30-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
As usual, nothing to back up your hyperbolic ranting
Obama has helped wealthy White people the most and hurt poor Black people the most. You can find statistics yourself, don't be so lazy.

Old 08-30-2016, 07:38 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,281,603 times
bimmer's philosophy: i didn't like gays before, but now i do, because it's mainstream, which must mean they are nice people and protested the 'right' way.

and for the record, if you really were socially liberal, you'd be on the same page as most people who realize police brutality and discrimination are a HUGE problem in this country.

and finally, I guess you have a selective memory. There was a pretty significant shooting that happened earlier this year, in your new home town of all places, that shows society still has a long way to go before gay people are seen as "normal"

Old 08-30-2016, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
You continue to ignore how their message was persistently delivered.
Even Hillary wasn't willing to fully support gay people in 2008, the acceptance really started around the early 2000s.

Old 08-30-2016, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
bimmer's philosophy: i didn't like gays before, but now i do, because it's mainstream, which must mean they are nice people and protested the 'right' way.
You gain support by winning the hearts of others, not causing them harm. It's common sense and you are supposedly a teacher? No wonder the education system is failing so bad in California lol

Old 08-30-2016, 07:40 PM

406 posts, read 288,646 times
lol wait, is he serious?

Quote:
Same-sex marriage wasn't legalized because gay people blocked highways and destroyed businesses. Same-sex marriage and the support of same-sex marriage formed naturally because people saw they aren't any different than non-gay people. Like I said, it's different now than 100 years ago. I guarantee you if gays were destroying private and public property, there would not have been support for same-sex marriage and the acceptance of gays. I used to be against same-sex marriage 10 years ago, but then was completely for it because I ended up respecting them and that's what it takes. It takes the other side to accept and understand you. However, destroying property and blocking highways just pisses people off and makes people not want to support them, which means not supporting their cause.
According to bmw335xi, the civil rights of African Americans will be validated when people:
  • naturally form support for African Americans
  • see them as not being different
  • respect African Americans
  • accept and understand African Americans

but until then....
https://www.google.com/search?q=birm...FoAPQQ_AUICCgB

Old 08-30-2016, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the happy guy View Post
lol wait, is he serious?

According to bmw335xi, the civil rights of African Americans will be validated when people:
  • naturally form support for African Americans
  • see them as not being different
  • respect African Americans
  • accept and understand African Americans

but until then....
https://www.google.com/search?q=birm...FoAPQQ_AUICCgB
Blacks are already accepted for the most part in this country. However, if you think Blacks will only be considered accepted once they become millionaires by receiving monthly payments from the government it will never happen. Anyways, it was nice chatting, but it's obviously hopeless talking to people who are so brainwashed in their thinking. Keep destroying public property demanding free money.

Old 08-30-2016, 07:44 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,281,603 times
Quote:
blacks are already accepted for the most part in this country. However, if you think blacks will only be considered accepted once they become millionaires by receiving monthly payments from the government it will never happen. Anyways, it was nice chatting, but it's obviously hopeless talking to people who are so brainwashed in their thinking. Keep destroying public property demanding free money.
lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland