Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 08:30 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,071,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
People are getting fed up with the direction of the country, sooner or later Hispanics and Blacks are going to realize all the promises by Democrats have been empty and while wealthy White people are getting richer, they are getting poorer, this applies especially toward Black voters where Democrats don't even care about their issues because they view them as a guaranteed vote. Eventually, they will have enough and give the other side a chance.
Trump isn't "the other side" because he isn't moderate or Presidential. People like Mitt Romney, Colin Powell, Jeb, Bush 41 and Kasich represent the moderate right wing these days. But the Republican Party didn't float anyone like that. They floated someone far off to the extreme right who can't even control his emotions. Given a choice between Trump and Kasich, I have no idea why any rational person would have chosen Trump. The President of the United States can't just say whatever pops into his head. War and peace are often contingent on the words of the President. Therefore Trump is not remotely qualified.

I can make a strong case for Kasich. Trump...no. I don't have a case for him.

Old 09-02-2016, 08:39 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Trump isn't "the other side" because he isn't moderate or Presidential. People like Mitt Romney, Colin Powell, Jeb, Bush 41 and Kasich represent the moderate right wing these days. But the Republican Party didn't float anyone like that. They floated someone far off to the extreme right who can't even control his emotions. Given a choice between Trump and Kasich, I have no idea why any rational person would have chosen Trump. The President of the United States can't just say whatever pops into his head. War and peace are often contingent on the words of the President. Therefore Trump is not remotely qualified.

I can make a strong case for Kasich. Trump...no. I don't have a case for him.
Romney, Bush, Obama, Clinton are all the same. They differ a bit on social issues, but really at the core they are all the same and all either controlled or a part of the establishment. Nothing will change, which explains why the middle class and poor have stagnated or even got worse while the wealthy are better than ever.

Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump are true wildcards and that is why they are feared so much. Why everyone is attacking Trump and why the DNC rigged the primary election.

Old 09-02-2016, 11:56 PM

397 posts, read 364,319 times
Quote:
Honestly, I don't really care who wins... most of my income these days is coming from the stock market, so I can make money in a bear or bull market. I am living a comfortable life, I just bought my first investment property in addition to my home. I have nothing to complain about. I just find it entertaining to discuss politics. I just think the current path we are taking economically is hurting low income earners and people in poverty stricken areas. I think the progressive push in certain areas will increase the wealth inequality trend happening in our country right now. Personally, the outcome of this election isn't going to effect me much because I am not wealthy, but I do have decent income and assets, so if gas jumps $1-2 per gallon because we want to tax oil companies more or prevent them from offshore drilling etc it won't hurt me just one example.
You spend awful lot of time just for fun if you do not care who wins.

I need to see change. The current system bothers me greatly. Some more than others.

Old 09-03-2016, 03:15 PM

406 posts, read 288,646 times
Quote:
People are getting fed up with the direction of the country, sooner or later Hispanics and Blacks are going to realize all the promises by Democrats have been empty and while wealthy White people are getting richer, they are getting poorer, this applies especially toward Black voters where Democrats don't even care about their issues because they view them as a guaranteed vote. Eventually, they will have enough and give the other side a chance.
oh yea? I have provided you with three excerpts of an a good read, explaining the black vote and what's problematic about what you just said. For you understanding, do try to read the entire article, maybe even twice.

Quote:
The simple answer is that it’s patronizing, ahistorical nonsense that’s not at all unique to Trump. The problem goes beyond the mere optics of his “outreach”—producing dystopian portraits of black life for predominantly white audiences. And it’s not just the extent to which Trump is talking about black Americans rather than to them. The central issue is that Trump portrays black Americans not as able citizens who need to be convinced, but as mindless followers of a failed regime.
Quote:
These narratives and arguments are bizarre to the point of incoherence, a fourth-rate imitation of history, devoid of any actual meaning. Shaped, influenced, and even driven by black Americans in the middle of the 20th century, the modern Democratic Party is not the literal descendant of the white supremacist party that bore the name for a century; in much of the modern-day South, black Americans are the Democratic Party. Black Americans have had an active role in Democratic Party politics for two generations, culminating in the election of Barack Obama, a black American. More broadly, blacks have not been led astray—they are not victims of false consciousness or some “plantation mentality.” They are political actors making choices based on their interests as they see them.
Quote:
Somewhere in the multiverse is a world where black voters have warmed to Donald Trump. It’s not this one. In this world, for blacks to reconsider Trump and the Republican Party, they would have to ignore his birtherism; they would have to ignore the push for voter ID and the attacks on civil rights legislation; they would have to downplay the patronizing “outreach” of conservative voices and Republican politicians. For blacks to reconsider Trump, they would have to act as if they were the dupes of his imagination.
The patronizing, ahistorical nonsense of Trump’s black outreach.

Quote:
Exactly what I thought, so caught up in your own thinking that you cannot even understand the opposing view. There is no point in me digging up facts and wasting time if someone is brainwashed. If you could show me you clearly understand why Trump supporters support him, then I wouldn't mind pulling up some figures for you, but if someone has their head in the sand, there is no point.

I can pretend I'm a Hillary supporter and easily debate a Trump supporter any day, even though I don't agree, I understand why Hillary supporters or Democrats in general believe in what they do.
You are shifting the burden of proof, when the burden of proof is on you. You are simply outclassed here. You are consistently backed into a corner, defanged intellectually, and now you want to role play, in a desperate attempt to somehow convince Tulemutt - someone who regularly uses sound argumentation - to argue on your behalf and defend something that is morally and logically indefensible.

Knowing both sides is not about being able to argue the opposing view, but rather about the preparedness and capacity to negate the opposing view.

Last edited by the happy guy; 09-03-2016 at 03:51 PM..

Old 09-03-2016, 04:06 PM

Michael Moore is predicting Trump will win, if there is any "weight" to his prediction (drum sound) there will be a lot of upset Hillibots out there.

Old 09-03-2016, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Michael Moore is predicting Trump will win, if there is any "weight" to his prediction (drum sound) there will be a lot of upset Hillibots out there.
Looks like he's turning into a women.

I highly doubt if he means what he says.

EDIT: I meant his hair is getting longer and his outfit look like dresses.

Old 09-03-2016, 04:38 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,754,495 times
https://www.facebook.com/BenSwannRea...5/?pnref=story

Reality Check: If You're Outraged By Colin Kaepernick Only, Isn't That Part of the Problem?

Old 09-03-2016, 05:02 PM

406 posts, read 288,646 times
Quote:
Romney, Bush, Obama, Clinton are all the same. They differ a bit on social issues, but really at the core they are all the same and all either controlled or a part of the establishment. Nothing will change, which explains why the middle class and poor have stagnated or even got worse while the wealthy are better than ever.

Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump are true wildcards and that is why they are feared so much. Why everyone is attacking Trump and why the DNC rigged the primary election.
Trump is attacked because he is nonsensical and a halfwit. Sanders was attacked because of a divisive primary. And a Sanders candidacy does not yield the same meaning and outcomes as a Trump candidacy.

As you are aware of, Sanders caucus with and votes with the Democratic Party (albeit a complex relationship)
Is Bernie Sanders a Democrat? | PolitiFact

Tell me, what about the establishment that has caused the decline of the middle class?

Quote:
Conservative shifts in policy and Republican strength in Congress are associated with higher levels of
inequality.
Quote:
The impact of a one percentage point increase in the share of seats held by Democrats in Congress decreases the top income share by about .08.
Quote:
Democrats are more favorable than Republicans toward social programs that redistribute income, but the parties also differ over what the economic rules of the game should be. Based on our analysis, Democrats appear to favor an economic system that produces more egalitarian outcomes even before any redistribution occurs. In essence, the market is not completely beyond the influence of politics and policy, and it is not just in the realm of explicit redistribution that political parties produce divergent distributional outcomes. Political decisions in part “make the market”
http://www.asanet.org/sites/default/...ASRFeature.pdf

Old 09-03-2016, 05:53 PM

Hillary could shoot a person on 5th Avenue and her supporters would find an excuse to ignore it lol

Old 09-03-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Hillary could shoot a person on 5th Avenue and her supporters would find an excuse to ignore it lol
She should use a M700 SPS tactical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland