Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 09:54 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian
So you believe that another persons cell phone can track you and other occupants of the vehicle also?
I dont want my picture taken by some sheeples SPY PHONE CAMERA!!!!! (Or my voice being recorded)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 10:40 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,304,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I dont want my picture taken by some sheeples SPY PHONE CAMERA!!!!! (Or my voice being recorded)
Bad enough worrying about Uncle Sam, what about little Julia in the back seat with her smart phone!!

Old 09-28-2016, 11:23 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,265,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
The guy who's being paid to monitor my phone has fallen asleep from boredom.
Mine too. At home. At home. etc. And I usually don't take it when I go to the store anyway.

I have several times LOST my phone in the house. What I needed was a way to ping my own phone.

Old 09-29-2016, 06:34 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,770,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
Maybe you're fine. But what happens when your aging mom or dad gets a restriction on their driver's license preventing them from driving in the evening hours?

Tell Mommy she can't drive at night with her cellphone or the guv'mint will know she's breaking the law and may lose her license.

But then, do you really want Mum to drive at night without a cell phone?
If mom or dad no longer have the capability to drive in the evening or at night, they should not be driving in the evening or at night.

There are certainly some paranoid people here.

And yet, they are on the internet, posting on boards...don't they realize online activity can also be traced?

Old 09-29-2016, 06:46 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,304,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post

And yet, they are on the internet, posting on boards...don't they realize online activity can also be traced?
Of couse! That's why I make sure I never use the expression "Radical Islamic Terrorist" in any of my posts.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:13 AM

1,644 posts, read 1,664,677 times
Paranoia is running rampant on this thread.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:13 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,425,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccc123 View Post
Paranoia is running rampant on this thread.
Or we just take the proper precautions.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:31 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Not yet, it doesn't.

Maybe because right now you are able to play by the rules. You don't see yourself as ever NOT being a person who plays by the rules because maybe your a good law-abiding citizen.

Thats great but while YOU have no intention on changing who you are the laws are in a constant & fluid state of changing. More laws, more ways to break a law, more of our rights being taken away.

There are things we do every day that in other countries are considered criminal.

Right now we (barely) have due process, there is such thing as "probable cause". If we were to enter a state of Martial Law even YOU could be considered a criminal.

Right now everything you do is being sorted & organized into a database. Databases that are nortoriously being hacked into & accessed. If the government can know your routine; ANYBODY can know your routine.

And there is always the potential that we may, within our lifetime, have a government that you will not want to know your routine.
THAT, I think, is the gravest concern.

I am not a conspiracy theorist; as a matter of fact, I've spent too many hours arguing with some of the more preposterous devotees of CTs.

However, power is intoxicating and it does corrupt. We see it on smaller scales every day in our towns, states, and federal governments. We don't know what the future will bring.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:33 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Mine too. At home. At home. etc. And I usually don't take it when I go to the store anyway.

I have several times LOST my phone in the house. What I needed was a way to ping my own phone.
There is a way. My friend lost his iPhone in a conference room at work. We couldn't find it anywhere, and thirty-five people had been in the room. He found the thing online that pings the phone, and we could hear it coming from a corner. It had fallen out of the pocket of his jacket, which was hung on a rack, and fell behind some boxes stacked near the rack.

When I lose my phone in the house, I call it from my landline.

Old 09-30-2016, 01:10 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,265,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
There is a way. My friend lost his iPhone in a conference room at work. We couldn't find it anywhere, and thirty-five people had been in the room. He found the thing online that pings the phone, and we could hear it coming from a corner. It had fallen out of the pocket of his jacket, which was hung on a rack, and fell behind some boxes stacked near the rack.

When I lose my phone in the house, I call it from my landline.
I got a cheaper second cell, one of those flip phones, and have located the other one that way, at least IF its rapidly drying up battery isn't dead. Yes, it is possible to have lost TWO cell phones....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology