Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 10:10 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,881,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
...The Poles broke the German Emiga code in 1932...
The Poles broke the codes generated by the German Enigma machines used prior to 1938. In 1938, when the Germans increased the complexity of the Enigma machines, the Polish code breakers gave their findings to the allies. Alan Turing's team at Bletchley Park broke the Enigma codes produced during WWII.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 10:36 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,142,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Read what I said. Of course the NSA can still hack it, but you can reduce the possibility of it occurring.
Yes, reduce the possibility of being one of the 300 million people that the government is watching your daily travels. Take all steps to protect yourself!

Old 10-07-2016, 10:39 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,142,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
The Poles broke the codes generated by the German Enigma machines used prior to 1938. In 1938, when the Germans increased the complexity of the Enigma machines, the Polish code breakers gave their findings to the allies. Alan Turing's team at Bletchley Park broke the Enigma codes produced during WWII.
That is correct. Also the Japanese crypto code was broken.

Ex CTO 3 here USNSG

Old 10-07-2016, 11:21 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,370,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccc123 View Post
In the last three days I went to work, the post office and the grocery store I could care less if the government is tracking me.
Exactly! Unless you are doing something nefarious, I doubt Uncle Sam really cares about the conversation you had or where you went to pick up your dry cleaning.

No. 1, there are WAY too many people for them to keep track of every individual, and No. 2, I would like to think they have bigger fish to fry.

If you don't want them to keep tabs on you, the best thing to do is not give them a reason.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:50 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Exactly! Unless you are doing something nefarious, I doubt Uncle Sam really cares about the conversation you had or where you went to pick up your dry cleaning.

No. 1, there are WAY too many people for them to keep track of every individual, and No. 2, I would like to think they have bigger fish to fry.

If you don't want them to keep tabs on you, the best thing to do is not give them a reason.

AAAAH!

But what about matters of "Principle"? I'm not looking for the bolded: ^; to be the next Constitutional Amendment.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:56 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,425,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Yes, reduce the possibility of being one of the 300 million people that the government is watching your daily travels. Take all steps to protect yourself!
Exactly.

Old 10-09-2016, 06:53 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,370,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
AAAAH!

But what about matters of "Principle"? I'm not looking for the bolded: ^; to be the next Constitutional Amendment.
As a matter of principle, I agree with you 100%. It would certainly seem like tracking people's conversations or whereabouts would violate one's right to privacy.

But as a practical matter, it doesn't really affect most of us.

Old 11-30-2016, 01:03 AM

1 posts, read 631 times
What for, I think it's crazy , they just want people to think they are tracking them . It makes no sense. Ooo she went to the store , oh oh she's going to the post office now keep an eye on that one . WHo has time to track everyone ? There would certainly be no unemployed people. They would have to hire millions of people to keep track of everyone. Have you ever met a tracker ? I haven't . Perhaps we could create jobs by hiring people to track the trackers That would certainly be more interesting . We will just track them back see what they think of that .ha ha.i wish people would stop creating useless distractions. Funny how the word dis Trac ion contains the word Trac.

Old 11-30-2016, 03:50 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
Thats what they want,people like you bud..... PEOPLE TO LOWER THIER GUARD!!!

Why do you think they got rid of 99% of pay stations in public??

Welcome,its good to have you here

Old 12-04-2016, 12:51 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,979,734 times
I want one of those government jobs where you spy on people all day..."what did she buy on amazon.com? what did he buy at the grocery store? where did she eat lunch today?" There must be millions of these government phone spy jobs available. I bet I could work at home as a government phone spy and make a lot of money spying on the random details of everyday life of all 325 million citizens of this country.

That's a lot of government phone spy jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology