Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 03:54 PM

854 posts, read 1,141,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingdoll1 View Post
I'm sure there is a seattle "type," and I can see not fitting in if you are not liberal, but how is eating organic food "conforming" or unique to Seattle? Doesn't almost everyone try to eat organic all over the country (if they can afford it), given the GMOs and all the other toxic junk in our food supply.
No
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 04:18 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,153,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
No
Not exactly, just smaller groups in the more educated areas of the country... Generally the less educated the less organic food is eaten.

Lots of educated people in Western Washington.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:40 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,974,378 times
OMG people are buying organic produce and drinking tasty beers. How can a normal person deal with this environment? Are people judging my eggplant? Why do I feel all this pressure to conform? Look at those guys over there and the beers they are drinking- they must all be EXACTLY THE SAME person because they are not drinking Coors. Look, two of them ordered the same IPA! ZOMBIES! Liberal zombies! AAAAH! RUN! Must... not... conform...

Old 05-06-2014, 04:50 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,951,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treuphax View Post
Treuphax also failed at life in a place he really liked before he was forced to move to Seattle.

Now he's alone, bitter, angry and unhappy... and in Seattle.

Do you suppose any of this is connected to Treuphax's bad attitude?
This post, inspired by Harrier.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:51 PM

854 posts, read 1,141,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
Not exactly, just smaller groups in the more educated areas of the country... Generally the less educated the less organic food is eaten.

Lots of educated people in Western Washington.
Compared to where? There are lots of educated people throughout the world. Generally lower income people can't afford organic food because it costs so much. This doesn't mean they are undereducated.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:42 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,592,559 times
You're a city boy, and the city is in your blood. It's the same with me. which us why I also didn't care for Seattle. I was in Seattle, and just did a contract out in California. I moved to Philadelphia a month ago, and I'm going to tell you I will leave thus place kicking and screaming. The Northeast is in my blood and I just fit in naturally with the vibe on this side of the country. if I had kids and a wife I would happily come back to Seattle. But again I'm a city boy to the core. You may need to come to Philly. it's a great historical city, people are so real, everyone is down to earth and sociable. You're 2 hours from NYC and can get there via train or bus. The megabus takes you there for like $15. You're also close to DC which has some of the best nightlife in the country. You're sad because Seattle isn't a real city. Come to the first real city in American history.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:11 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,189,346 times
sadly, imo sociable and Seattle are two words that do not go together well....yes DC has Georgetown, for nightlife, I had a blast there years ago.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:51 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,153,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
Compared to where? There are lots of educated people throughout the world. Generally lower income people can't afford organic food because it costs so much. This doesn't mean they are undereducated.
You are suggesting that net wealth and education do not go hand in hand ??

Everyone can afford to have better healthy eating habits!!

The "rest of the world"? Well, their governments have reigned in the multinational industrial agriculture entities, by banning GMO's and limiting herbicide and pesticide use.. So yes, lots of smart people in the world, especially where the are not so obese, have longer life spans, grow diverse open pollinated crops and do not use many outrageously expensive and unhealthy pesticides and herbicides.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:06 PM

415 posts, read 491,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
This post, inspired by Harrier.

What do you mean?

Old 05-07-2014, 08:08 PM

415 posts, read 491,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlefun View Post
I agree... Seattle sucks! This is why I'm moving to Seattle.... I'm coming to save you all. I hope you are all ready for change. As soon as I move in I will be implementing this new schedule city wide:

Martini Monday's.
Taco Tuesday's - Gotta get your Margarita on!
Wine Wednesday's - Self explanatory
Thursdays we all go hiking to prepare for the weekend of debauchery
Freaky Friday's (We all go to the clubs and get our groove on)
Sinful Saturday's (we all realized what we did Friday night and MUST outdo it just to prove we can)
Sunday Funday's - We all go out to brunch and attempt at curing hangovers by drinking more.

If you have kids that is totally fine. We can send them to babysitting in a group at a giant auditorium or let them run loose in a museum.

If your really not up for change then I suggest you move. David's coming to town and I'm not taking no for an answer.... WE WILL HAVE FUN!
This guy sure does have a fun and sunny disposition...

I'm all for a bit more sunshine to go with the rainbows...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area