Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 07:06 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,658,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Temple View Post
That's it. This is violating Japan's airspace and we have an obligation to strike NK and get this war started before they escalate this further. If China wants to fight us so be it.
Hope you have a hellishly strong stomach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 08:17 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,607,653 times
The deal has already been made. The results just haven't been announced yet. As the police are wont to say at an accident or crime scene, "Nothing to see, folks; go on home."

Old 09-20-2017, 12:20 AM

672 posts, read 811,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Anyone that thinks you can survive a nuclear attack and/or the aftermath - is a fool. Even if you're not killed in the initial blast, the radioactive fallout will eventually get you. Also, electrical systems will go down, all of the food would irradiated, etc. Most wouldn't survive this, nor would you want to.

1983's made-for-TV movie "The Day After" seemed like a somewhat-realistic depiction of what to expect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VG2aJyIFrA

Even more realistic was the BBC UK film "Threads":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrHoMSRZOS4

Also check out one of my favorite movies, Miracle Mile (1988) - starring Anthony Edwards & Mare Winningham:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWFoGrrYX6E

I like the series Jericho

Old 09-23-2017, 03:16 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,176,780 times
Jericho was a great series as well. Too bad it only lasted 1 1/2 seasons.

Old 09-23-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Jericho was a great series as well. Too bad it only lasted 1 1/2 seasons.
The first eight or so episodes of Jericho are a great learning tool for initiating someone who doesn't have the patience for a full length movie. It can be watched in 25 min segments.
BTW: I think they made a complete 2nd season, and maybe a third season, but never aired them.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:07 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,871,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
The first eight or so episodes of Jericho are a great learning tool for initiating someone who doesn't have the patience for a full length movie. It can be watched in 25 min segments.
BTW: I think they made a complete 2nd season, and maybe a third season, but never aired them.
Ugh what a waste

Old 09-24-2017, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Ugh what a waste
I didn't haven't watched the second (I checked and there was no third) season, since it didn't fit with what I hoped to learn in the first season, but many people think they took the show off the air because it showed a very good argument for citizens owning guns and ammo as per the 2nd Amendment.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:27 AM

574 posts, read 383,039 times
You won't

Old 09-24-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeligman View Post
You won't
I actually don't know if I bought both seasons on DVD or just the first.
As I said before, my interest was only in the first 8 or 9 episodes.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:29 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,871,219 times
Quote:
I didn't haven't watched the second (I checked and there was no third) season, since it didn't fit with what I hoped to learn in the first season, but many people think they took the show off the air because it showed a very good argument for citizens owning guns and ammo as per the 2nd Amendment.
I might go rewatch it on firestick because it's been awhile since I have seen the episodes, but I really remember enjoying it When it came out.

I think it may have been a formative memory that stayed with me that one day clicked and made me think, yes....trying to prep, owning guns and anmo, buying food etc... Is a good idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness