Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2013, 01:19 PM

61 posts, read 67,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
But you said past wins mean nothing because each year, the team is different. Now you are throwing up 63-17 in our face. Sorry. You can't have your cow patty and eat it too!
lol, i rarely mention that game, some clemson fans harped on it forever. the Pickens County tigernet type of clemson fans. It is fun to bring it up when SC fans bring up our WV game 2 years ago. lol because clemson did that on your home field.

Clemson has beat NC state like 7 out 8 years but nobody ever talks about it. i never knew clemson had beat SC 10 out of 15 and 8 out of 9 at one point before SC streak.

next year will be glorious when we slay the evil SC regime in Tigertown. There will be blood. we shall party deep into the night.

i'll probably have one of my epic seizures the night before the game and die and never get to see Clemson take back what is rightfully theirs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 01:35 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,615,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Pelton View Post
top 25 is sec biased though b/c who has SC, Missouri, played this year, etc? Who has UCF played? reality is no team plays enough good teams to really know who is the best with no doubt. Auburn really got lucky in 2 games in a row, they are really a 3 loss team playing for national title.

a top 10 team shouldn't have lost to Tenn so why they are top 10. only a sec team could be ranked top 10 with that lost. i would put them in the 15-20 range at best.
Shaw isn't going to run for 1st downs on 3rd and long against top 10 elite defenses and that is pretty much the offense .

SC would have 4 losses if FLorida and Missouri's starting qb's had not got hurt. florida was on their 3rd qb. and they were in the game in the final minute of play. lol
UCF is not a SEC school.

Clemson would have lost to UGA if Gurley had been healthy the entire game and, you were just as lucky as Auburn when UGA botched the field goal snap.

As for schedules, Clemson played SC State, The Citadel, NC State, Wake, Syracuse, Maryland, Boston College, Virginia, And Ga Tech in addition to the three big games. So, no one outside of the geeks on tigernet would believe that to be a hard schedule. You may want to tackle your own schedule before talking trash to a team that beat you and had the same number of wins with a tougher schedule.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
UCF is not a SEC school.

Clemson would have lost to UGA if Gurley had been healthy the entire game and, you were just as lucky as Auburn when UGA botched the field goal snap.

As for schedules, Clemson played SC State, The Citadel, NC State, Wake, Syracuse, Maryland, Boston College, Virginia, And Ga Tech in addition to the three big games. So, no one outside of the geeks on tigernet would believe that to be a hard schedule. You may want to tackle your own schedule before talking trash to a team that beat you and had the same number of wins with a tougher schedule.
lol i only talk about SC's record b/c you always say ACC sucks. ACC is still a top 5 , top 6 conference so you can only beat up it so much. we beat the best schools in georgia, nc, va, md, ny, new england that we played this year. that is good chunk of the country.

clemson wouldn't have lost to tenn and SC's SEC schedule couldn't have been much easier this year. i think we had some players get hurt in the UGA game too.

i never said UCF is a SEC school, just basically the win along with Missour that SC fans point to say they had a harder schedule. you guys didn't play FSU and not impressive at all against vanderbilt, kentucky, ucf , florida, and others.

the ACC is better than people say, it is just FSU and Clemson have dominated the last 3 years. plus schools like Maryland had injuries ending many of their best player's seasons early.

i didn't see anythign scary about the SEC this year, the defenses in SEC really sucked. look at how many points auburn and zou gave up in the title game.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:58 PM

135 posts, read 167,154 times
Quote:
ACC is still a top 5 , top 6 conference so you can only beat up it so much.
So out of the Power 5 conferences that are about to make significant changes to the NCAA model, the ACC is either the worst or out of the group?

Old 12-14-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettosc View Post
So out of the Power 5 conferences that are about to make significant changes to the NCAA model, the ACC is either the worst or out of the group?
what?

the conference cheerleading thing is gay. we play the teams on our schedule. obviously everybody can't play in the awesome SEC.

if they really want to find out who the best teams are they need to make the season twice as long and cut the cupcake match ups.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:58 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,615,726 times
Quote:
lol i only talk about SC's record b/c you always say ACC sucks. ACC is still a top 5 , top 6 conference so you can only beat up it so much. we beat the best schools in georgia, nc, va, md, ny, new england that we played this year. that is good chunk of the country.

clemson wouldn't have lost to tenn and SC's SEC schedule couldn't have been much easier this year. i think we had some players get hurt in the UGA game too.

i never said UCF is a SEC school, just basically the win along with Missour that SC fans point to say they had a harder schedule. you guys didn't play FSU and not impressive at all against vanderbilt, kentucky, ucf , florida, and others.

the ACC is better than people say, it is just FSU and Clemson have dominated the last 3 years. plus schools like Maryland had injuries ending many of their best player's seasons early.

i didn't see anythign scary about the SEC this year, the defenses in SEC really sucked. look at how many points auburn and zou gave up in the title game.
The SEC is still the best conference, the ACC is 5th best.....out of 5. UCF would beat everyone on Clemson's schedule except UGA. FSU and Carolina as would Missouri. You can argue till you are blue, fact is Carolina has the same number of wins as Clemson with a tougher schedule AND beat Clemson head to head.

Anyone, it's time for you to move on, talking trash about a game 2 weeks old that you lost is embarrassing. Start in on politics or something else that you like. Maybe insult Cd or Columbiadata. Start a new thread about your great neighborhood of Pelham Road, heck, at least you were smart enough to stay away from the garbage neighborhoods around Donaldson Center.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:23 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,538,367 times
Quote:
i was alive for the 63-17 beatdown 10 years ago in Columbia. lol that is how the rivalry game has typically gone over the years.

5 years in a row for SC is a fluke. bound to happen 120 years itno the rivalry. lol
Clemson fans love their history. Got to hand them that. And five years is not a fluke. Go back and look at all the stats from those years. The game is rarely close.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Clemson fans love their history. Got to hand them that. And five years is not a fluke. Go back and look at all the stats from those years. The game is rarely close.
ok, look at last two years, SC converted on a very high percentage of 3rd and longs. while it isn't luck it is kind of a fluke stat b/c good teams don't get into a lot of 3rd and long situations.

i don't care about history but if you keep saying SC won 5 in row i think 10 out of 15 and 8 out of 9 is relevant. also won 4 in a row 4 different times since 1980s.

it was a timing thing, Spurrier finally got the program going after 5 years which is the the same time Bowden is getting fired mid-season. So SC at its peak in their history while Clemson is "rebuilding" so to speak.

but if this year Clemson team played SC 10 times this year, Clemson would win 7 of them. not going to get 2 punt return fumbles most games. lol

I see SC's streak as just 2 in a row at Clemson , they have been good enough to win at SC.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
The SEC is still the best conference, the ACC is 5th best.....out of 5. UCF would beat everyone on Clemson's schedule except UGA. FSU and Carolina as would Missouri. You can argue till you are blue, fact is Carolina has the same number of wins as Clemson with a tougher schedule AND beat Clemson head to head.

Anyone, it's time for you to move on, talking trash about a game 2 weeks old that you lost is embarrassing. Start in on politics or something else that you like. Maybe insult Cd or Columbiadata. Start a new thread about your great neighborhood of Pelham Road, heck, at least you were smart enough to stay away from the garbage neighborhoods around Donaldson Center.
UCF got incredibly luck to beat Temple. I think ACC is better than Temple. I don't see how you can ACC sucks than brag about UCF who plays in some new conference nobody knows the name of. lol

Did an ACC school have as bad of a loss as Florida to Georgia Southern this year? that was at Florida too. lol

How did SC have a tougher schedule? We played this year's title team FSU and we played a top 10 team on the road. You guys lost to Tenn and only won at Missouri b/c they were without their QB.

how does a school who plays tenn, kentucky, vanderbilt, arkansas, miss stat, unc rag on anybody's schedule?

I rag on CD b/c he brags about being a firefighter and he blames the GOP for the problems of Democrat voters, like STDs and poor perfromance in school, etc.

Me and City Data are buddies, we teamed up to get the dead tree removed across the street from the state house. Columbia Data pitches and I catch

I don't know anything about n'hoods around Donaldson center, only been out there a few times to play golf. I' more of a Thornblade man myself. lol

Last edited by Dean Pelton; 12-14-2013 at 04:06 PM..

Old 12-15-2013, 06:46 AM

2,133 posts, read 2,277,756 times
Oh, christ, the blubbering simpleton is back. I'll sit this debate out. I'll catch up with him on his next, unbanned username.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina