Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2016, 02:47 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
The current location is ideal for it's mission. It is central to the entire community. However they are maxed out on space. They can no longer expand.
Perhaps a Y annex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 09:15 AM

Tearing up Liberty street again. I don't know what in the world is going on down there, they have torn up Liberty street in the same location not all that long ago. That section between Harvin and Main, does anybody know.

Old 09-17-2016, 10:44 PM

143 posts, read 180,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Should be an interesting addition to downtown..though it appears to have stirred up the preservationists because of its design.....

http://sumtersc.gov/Data/Sites/1/med...y-st-city2.pdf

I like it, but I won't hold my breath. Still have not seen jack squat on the Main Street Hyatt hotel and I think we have one or two more hotels slated for DT as well and no sign of so much as a traffic cone for any construction. Gotta love the Sumter Slows.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:06 AM

8,248 posts, read 13,371,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtnr View Post
I like it, but I won't hold my breath. Still have not seen jack squat on the Main Street Hyatt hotel and I think we have one or two more hotels slated for DT as well and no sign of so much as a traffic cone for any construction. Gotta love the Sumter Slows.

Hyatt will come eventually.. I am still amazed that Sumter is growing at all given the amount of competition it gets from places like Columbia and Florence..So I guess slow growth is better than NO growth....Hyatt seems to want to get into the smaller city downtown markets

Old 09-22-2016, 01:08 PM

17 posts, read 21,265 times
Any ideas what's going on with the old Huddle House at the Broad/Peach Orchard/Patriot intersection? Also would like to know what's going on at the old Pizza Hut and old Salvation Army. A lot of work going on in those particular buildings.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobA View Post
Any ideas what's going on with the old Huddle House at the Broad/Peach Orchard/Patriot intersection? Also would like to know what's going on at the old Pizza Hut and old Salvation Army. A lot of work going on in those particular buildings.
I haven't been down Peach Orchard/ 441 in years, I probably wouldn't recognize anything. When I head that way, its on the way to Columbia. It's probably been ten years or longer.

Old 09-29-2016, 06:46 PM

17 posts, read 21,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I haven't been down Peach Orchard/ 441 in years, I probably wouldn't recognize anything. When I head that way, its on the way to Columbia. It's probably been ten years or longer.
That's crazy. It's still the equivalent to Decker Blvd in Columbia. In terms of immigrant-owned small businesses mixed with corporate chain places.

Any other updates for other parts of the county?

Old 09-29-2016, 07:09 PM

Quote:
That's crazy. It's still the equivalent to Decker Blvd in Columbia. In terms of immigrant-owned small businesses mixed with corporate chain places.

Yeah I know, but I live off Gion street and Alice Drive. Everything I need is close by, so I guess I just never had any reason to travel that end of Sumter. I do notice the changes from the intersection though.

Old 10-03-2016, 10:10 AM

8,248 posts, read 13,371,930 times
Quote:

Its interesting that Sumter has evolved to where Bultman Drive is the 'center' of town and Downtown is now almost an "east Sumter". The City has grown by leaps and bounds west and to some extent Southwest and Northwest.. but very little to the South, North, and East... which would get it closer to I-95.. There is an entire history on why that is.. but I would have thought there would have been a shift by now.. BUT....I guess not quite...

Old 10-18-2016, 07:27 PM

143 posts, read 180,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
but very little to the South, North, and East... which would get it closer to I-95.. There is an entire history on why that is.. but I would have thought there would have been a shift by now.. BUT....I guess not quite...
What is the history?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina