Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2022, 12:51 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,342,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari2600 View Post
To be clear, the company I was hired into after putting Hispanic, was in Maryland (where I moved). They ignored every resume where I refused to put down race. But once I checked Hispanic... I had three voicemails from recruiters in that one organizations by the time I'd gotten home from work.
Companies get tax credits for hiring non whites, vets, and the disabled. It's BS they hired on race. With a 6-3 supreme court, someone needs to get a case there. Here in FL you have a lot of minorities they can choose from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2022, 07:11 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,809,042 times
"As you are aware, there is a shortage of Transportation employees in Pasco County Schools, in our neighboring districts, and across the state and country. We know that many of you have experienced issues relating to our Transportation employee shortage. We apologize for this and appreciate your patience. We are currently looking for 51 regular route drivers, 40 relief drivers (who fill in for vacancies or absences) and 17 Transportation Assistants. We have full and part-time opportunities across the county, and if you or someone you know might be interested, we would love to have you join our team. We offer paid training, the opportunity for a great benefit package, and a schedule that works well for parents of school age children. Starting pay begins at $15.00 for Transportation Assistants, $15.38 for Drivers, and $15.76 for Relief Drivers. Our next training class with openings begins on October 17. Please call (813) 794-1862 or visit our website to learn more about these exciting opportunities. We are now training for full- and part-time bus driver positions! Please use the "Apply Now" button below to go to our Job Listings website, then enter "Bus Driver Trainee" in the search bar."

Pasco County schools are hiring for sure

Old 09-16-2022, 12:58 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,230,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
"As you are aware, there is a shortage of Transportation employees in Pasco County Schools, in our neighboring districts, and across the state and country. We know that many of you have experienced issues relating to our Transportation employee shortage. We apologize for this and appreciate your patience. We are currently looking for 51 regular route drivers, 40 relief drivers (who fill in for vacancies or absences) and 17 Transportation Assistants. We have full and part-time opportunities across the county, and if you or someone you know might be interested, we would love to have you join our team. We offer paid training, the opportunity for a great benefit package, and a schedule that works well for parents of school age children. Starting pay begins at $15.00 for Transportation Assistants, $15.38 for Drivers, and $15.76 for Relief Drivers. Our next training class with openings begins on October 17. Please call (813) 794-1862 or visit our website to learn more about these exciting opportunities. We are now training for full- and part-time bus driver positions! Please use the "Apply Now" button below to go to our Job Listings website, then enter "Bus Driver Trainee" in the search bar."

Old 09-16-2022, 07:29 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,342,083 times
Quote:

Around here walamrt even pays more to start. I couldn't deal with those bratty and at times violent students.

Old 09-17-2022, 06:37 PM

71 posts, read 77,998 times
Quote:

If I were looking to drive somewhere, they’d better pay better for 36 years with a Class B CDL with P&S along with air brake than $15.78. I also dispatched and did routing-certified in the software and I have the 19-A examiner training. And this is why driver’s don’t move districts nor stay with the job. Underemploying folks to have a professional license is what is killing the world of school transportation.

I’ll mention it to my daughter in case she is interested.

Old 09-17-2022, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampinMom View Post
If I were looking to drive somewhere, they’d better pay better for 36 years with a Class B CDL with P&S along with air brake than $15.78. I also dispatched and did routing-certified in the software and I have the 19-A examiner training. And this is why driver’s don’t move districts nor stay with the job. Underemploying folks to have a professional license is what is killing the world of school transportation.

Hi CampinMom:

Maybe it will give her some time to find her Dream Job = bills getting paid while she still interviews.

I am so sorry she is going through this!!!

As a mom myself, I will always worry about my "adult" daughter as long as I am alive. It is hard being in "different" states but we do a weekly Saturday Video Call so I can SEE for myself that she is eating properly and sleeping. Lol, she "rolls" her eyes at me when I "meddle" too much.

Angela

Last edited by AngelaRetired; 09-17-2022 at 07:12 PM..

Old 09-18-2022, 07:06 AM

5,978 posts, read 7,382,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampinMom View Post

And to add insult to injury, the lower you are in seniority, the older/crappier equipment you get. At least that's what Hillsborough County does with it's drivers. The ones that have been around the longest get the best busses.

Sad when you think about these being people we trust with the safety of our children.

RM

Old 09-18-2022, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
And to add insult to injury, the lower you are in seniority, the older/crappier equipment you get. At least that's what Hillsborough County does with it's drivers. The ones that have been around the longest get the best busses.

Sad when you think about these being people we trust with the safety of our children.

RM
Good Morning Morton:

Until parents take a stand, things will stay the same.

Lol, they are lucky I do not have any kids or grandbabies (as yet) in school = I would be on TV daily.

So sad

Florida has to do better!!!

Angela

Old 09-20-2022, 11:03 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,809,042 times
So, who is really hiring is still the question? We should rename this thread to "10 reasons I won't work to whoever really hiring". Job is a job and when you are desperate, have no other options, getting 15 an hour is better than nothing, right?

Getting solid higher education is even better

Old 09-20-2022, 11:19 AM

880 posts, read 565,021 times
Quote:
Job is a job and when you are desperate, have no other options, getting 15 an hour is better than nothing, right? Getting solid higher education is even better

Can you explain what you mean by this? I'm just curious what the reasoning behind this is?

Are you suggesting that people cannot get entry-level jobs because they don't have a "solid higher education?"...or are you suggesting that the people looking for entry-level jobs, should be aiming higher, and we should leave the entry-level jobs for the riff-raff?

I think "solid higher education" is relative... to some that means a PhD, to others, that means merely getting an associates degree.

I do agree that some professions require a degree... specifically ones that are regulated by law or practice, such as some medical positions, legal professions, etc. But generally, you still do not NEED a degree to get the majority of lower to middle-income careers.

Whatever, I'll just say it. I'm a multi-millionaire and have what... 6 or 7 degrees, I lost count. There was only one job where I actually needed a degree, and it was later in my career. I didn't even get my first degree until I was 30 (I'm in my 40s), and was very successful in my career up to that point. I think I'm just kind of offended by your comment because I think you're casting aside people's concerns with what I perceive as a "just get a degree so you can work a real job" type of comment. Sitting on a computer all day, I wonder how much I'm really getting done, compared to people who are actually out building and creating things... and not the ethereal ones and zeros.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay