Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 11:32 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,458,160 times

Advertisements

I apologize Houston. I didn't mean wat i said about the bayou plan. I do think
the TRP is tons better but I really like it. I know i live in a great city....i also know my city has flaws(just like every city) I just get sick and tired of Dallas getting dissed on every thing it does. I live here i see the change happening everyday. And to be labled as annoying because I defend my city is totaly unfair. Its nothing personal, I like all of the Houston posters on this site(even if im not liked). But i will forever step in and defend my city if need be. I hate that some feel I put it on to thick,but sometimes houston posters push me there(just being real). I've said it a million times ...I like houston, I never just sit on here and just bash houston across the head for no reason. but i have noticed that there's ALWAYS some misinformation floating around that warrant me to defend Dallas every time i log on.......again I do apologize
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 01:06 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,567,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
I apologize Houston. I didn't mean wat i said about the bayou plan. I do think
the TRP is tons better but I really like it. I know i live in a great city....i also know my city has flaws(just like every city) I just get sick and tired of Dallas getting dissed on every thing it does. I live here i see the change happening everyday. And to be labled as annoying because I defend my city is totaly unfair. Its nothing personal, I like all of the Houston posters on this site(even if im not liked). But i will forever step in and defend my city if need be. I hate that some feel I put it on to thick,but sometimes houston posters push me there(just being real). I've said it a million times ...I like houston, I never just sit on here and just bash houston across the head for no reason. but i have noticed that there's ALWAYS some misinformation floating around that warrant me to defend Dallas every time i log on.......again I do apologize
What is wrong with the bayou plan? TRP may seem "tons better" to you, but thats because there is currently nothing there but an unkept flood plain with a small stream in the middle. Buffalo Bayou is already a fantastic and well established park, so its hard to make drastic changes that would seem "tons better" than what is already there. Not sure why you always feel the need to rant about Houston, none of us gave you grief when your city turned what could of been an awesome park (Klyde Warren) into a bland and boring concrete and astroturf outdoor area filled with tacky multicolored lawn chairs and tables. Speaking of misinformation, so many Dallasites tout that park as some innovative new design, even though the idea of building green space over road ways was copied and actually goes back decades.

Agreed with those saying Houston has the international edge, due to Houston having the 2nd highest amount of Fortune 500 companies in the US, the 3rd highest amount of foreign government consulate offices, and our port ranks 1st in the US in terms of international tonnage, not to mention Houston is more culturally (thus internationally) diverse.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:39 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,458,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
What is wrong with the bayou plan? TRP may seem "tons better" to you, but thats because there is currently nothing there but an unkept flood plain with a small stream in the middle. Buffalo Bayou is already a fantastic and well established park, so its hard to make drastic changes that would seem "tons better" than what is already there. Not sure why you always feel the need to rant about Houston, none of us gave you grief when your city turned what could of been an awesome park (Klyde Warren) into a bland and boring concrete and astroturf outdoor area filled with tacky multicolored lawn chairs and tables. Speaking of misinformation, so many Dallasites tout that park as some innovative new design, even though the idea of building green space over road ways was copied and actually goes back decades.

Agreed with those saying Houston has the international edge, due to Houston having the 2nd highest amount of Fortune 500 companies in the US, the 3rd highest amount of foreign government consulate offices, and our port ranks 1st in the US in terms of international tonnage, not to mention Houston is more culturally (thus internationally) diverse.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:56 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,274,629 times
So then it continues...

1) The OP made some derogatory remarks about Houston (which I might add I disagree with just about all of them)
2) At first, some Houston posters made a reasonable attempt to explain why his argument wasnt the case.
3) Attempts failed, more insults thrown.
4) Dallas gets thrown under the bus by a couple of angry/frustrated Houston posters and puts Dallas through the same garbage.
5) A Dallas poster throws the insults right back and shows off his city
6) Houston posters throw more insults and show off their city
7) Each dismiss the other cities plans as garbage and throw more insults
8) We all go to hell
9. A Dallas poster tries to squash the beef and come with a heartfelt peaceoffering.
10) A Houston supporter totally steps all over the peace-offering and continues with rants/ insults.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:04 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,970,870 times
Lmao. We love you too dallasboi. Without you the forum would be boring with just justme.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:21 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,760,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Of course this is much newer to Dallas, which has historically been more black and white than Houston.
This is true. Multiculturalism is a thing of the last 15 -20 years or so for DFW. But you have to admit DFW has come pretty far pretty fast here.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:23 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,760,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Lmao. We love you too dallasboi. Without you the forum would be boring with just justme.
You sound like my mother. Anytime our Lebanese side of the family gets together, they argue, scream, insult each other, and one time threw things. I try and play peace maker and they accused me of being boring.

I may be a snoozer, but I'm happy that way.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:01 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,970,870 times
Momma knows best

Old 04-16-2013, 09:48 PM

770 posts, read 1,798,960 times
I thought Houston was already considered a world class city??

Old 04-17-2013, 09:22 PM

405 posts, read 823,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Han$ome Texan View Post
Lol really I suggest u do more research don't let the radio brainwash you. Houston has done more for hop hop then atl. slabs, dj screw, syrup,candy paint and more. Atl jus bites styles. I'm not sayin atl is bad but houston has had a bigger influence alone. Atleast houston invented their own style atl bites off houston and Miami and everyone in the south knows it
Word!!! ATL got famous off "crunk" music, which it blatantly stole from MEMPHIS. But Memphis also let Houston "borrow" Eightball and MJG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas