Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 04:06 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,505,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Uhh...The bayou plan was created AFTER the Dallas Trinity River Project and its not nearly as big.Kudos for Houston for doing SOMETHING with that DITCH!!! Houston will NEVER have rail access to IAH...Nice try.

What kind of subway plan or Sustainable development is Houston planning again?!?
Where is Houstons Farmers Market even located?????...Ive never known.
Oh and if our new street cars are so ugly then Houstons are too. They almost look the same.
Who would of thought that Dallas would add a streetcar system to rival Houstons. Thats definately what Houston has downtown. a glorified streetcar.
The Bayou has been in various stages of Development for years dude and much of it is being used now! How many people are canoeing in the Trinity ditch (Dallas) now? NONE! We have hike and bike trails all along the Bayou West, and East of Downtown NOW ! How many Hike and Bike trails are there around that Trinity trickle now? Let me answer for you, NONE! We have parks, sculptures, pedestrian bridges in, over and around the Bayou NOW ! Don't try to steal credit, by acting like its all your idea, that is crossing a line I will not allow.

As far as subways, can't use them not going to happen here. Farmers markets? You need to ask the OP if thats part of the criteria to enter world class city status.

I agree light rail is a streetcar why would that be relivent?

Let me ask you something now, what is the Big D's plan for moving cargo from the bigger ships that will be visiting that Trinity River port once the Panama canal widening is complete ? LOL

[SIZE=-3][/SIZE]

Last edited by Jack Lance; 04-14-2013 at 04:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 04:09 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,967,780 times
Hey Jack, i was walking along the bayou a couple weeks ago and i saw one of those tour boats. Kinda life the ones that go along the San Antonio River. Lol, i thought they were losts.

I do see lots of canoes in that thing thought. Almost every saturday.

Also see a lot of bikers and joggers.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:34 PM

7,891 posts, read 11,417,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Hey Jack, i was walking along the bayou a couple weeks ago and i saw one of those tour boats. Kinda life the ones that go along the San Antonio River. Lol, i thought they were losts.

I do see lots of canoes in that thing thought. Almost every saturday.

Also see a lot of bikers and joggers.
Did you measure to see if it was "vibrant" as OP requires for a city to be great? I lost my vibrant meter and find it hard to measure. Remind me of the units of vibrancy....isnt it decibels? <G>

Old 04-14-2013, 05:09 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,456,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
The Bayou has been in various stages of Development for years dude and much of it is being used now! How many people are canoeing in the Trinity ditch (Dallas) now? NONE! We have hike and bike trails all along the Bayou West, and East of Downtown NOW ! How many Hike and Bike trails are there around that Trinity trickle now? Let me answer for you, NONE! We have parks, sculptures, pedestrian bridges in, over and around the Bayou NOW ! Don't try to steal credit, by acting like its all your idea, that is crossing a line I will not allow.

As far as subways, can't use them not going to happen here. Farmers markets? You need to ask the OP if thats part of the criteria to enter world class city status.

I agree light rail is a streetcar why would that be relivent?

Let me ask you something now, what is the Big D's plan for moving cargo from the bigger ships that will be visiting that Trinity River port once the Panama canal widening is complete ? LOL

[SIZE=-3][/SIZE]
Uhh ....wrong again

Uhh....Worng again!!

SO DO WE!!!..........And all of this is BEFORE they actually get going with the big stuff

Oh and the street car line is just an added answer to your earlier Question"What this plan that Dallas have in place?" Answer...a small component of the bigger VISION that Dallas Has.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:17 PM

Bird watching in the Trinity

Weddings in the Trinity!!

Old 04-14-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Uhh ....wrong again

Uhh....Worng again!!

SO DO WE!!!..........And all of this is BEFORE they actually get going with the big stuff

Oh and the street car line is just an added answer to your earlier Question"What this plan that Dallas have in place?" Answer...a small component of the bigger VISION that Dallas Has.
This is all very primitive and rudimentary compared to what we have on the Bayou NOW ! You can't blame anybody for not noticing ! I still call BS on your insinuation that we are somehow copying this idea from Dallas and you know it. But I'm sure as motivated as you are you will catch up soon.

We will see what this bigger vision turns out to be. One thing thats clear is what you are going to do with the Trinity is a total overhaul and will end up with little resemblance to any natural setting, but do think big, you need to.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
This is all very primitive and rudimentary compared to what we have on the Bayou NOW ! You can't blame anybody for not noticing ! I still call BS on your insinuation that we are somehow copying this idea from Dallas and you know it. But I'm sure as motivated as you are you will catch up soon.

We will see what this bigger vision turns out to be. One thing thats clear is what you are going to do with the Trinity is a total overhaul and will end up with little resemblance to any natural setting, but do think big, you need to.
Yadda Yadda Yadda.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:51 PM

3,834 posts, read 5,763,779 times
Quote:

Honestly, if you think Trinity is somehow a coy of the bayou you really have zero clue whatsoever about what is going on in Dallas. The Trinity first of all is an enormous swath of land that makes the bayou look like a drainage ditch by comparison. The scope of the project is vastly larger than anything in the bayou and not only that it is connected to a much larger vision of the city connecting south east and west Dallas to the downtown, opening up enormous areas to very high value development very close to the downtown area.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komeht View Post
Honestly, if you think Trinity is somehow a coy of the bayou you really have zero clue whatsoever about what is going on in Dallas. The Trinity first of all is an enormous swath of land that makes the bayou look like a drainage ditch by comparison. The scope of the project is vastly larger than anything in the bayou and not only that it is connected to a much larger vision of the city connecting south east and west Dallas to the downtown, opening up enormous areas to very high value development very close to the downtown area.
The Bayou has a great volume of water flowing through it at downtown Houston, it is probably wider and deeper at that point than the Trinity. If you had half a clue you would know that there are other bayous and green spaces that are part of the overall plan for urban green space in Houston including Memorial park all the way out to George Bush park. So lets do compare the overall area of these two plans. Houston already has vastly more green space than Dallas and I'm sure the Trinity green space is included when they are adding up the acres. have you ever heard of Addicts reservoir?

I'm glad you finally dropped that pretense of unbiased analysis and showed your true colors but you are obviously better acquainted with the media hype in Dallas more so than here (yes there is hype here too) But these plans are basically the same types of ideas. My contention to BOI is that if anybody is motivated by the other it is Dallas keeping up with the Houston Jones on this.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:24 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,967,780 times
What was the point of the pic with all the fat chicks?

Jack ignore OP our little drainage ditch is big enough to dick the largest ships in the world.

Ships won't be going near DFW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas