Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has character and awsome scenery
Longview 10 24.39%
Nacogdoches 15 36.59%
Lufkin 3 7.32%
Neither 13 31.71%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 11:26 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
Whats not true?

Did u understand anything I was saying?

Tyler should have put the tollway north to south instead of outside the loop 323.
Yes it maybe it is a closer commute for you from Chandler to the shop on the south but going from US69 south to loop 323 would had more volume of traffic I promise.Tyler has the most traffic by the south area in the shopping district and on the south loop get my point.A waste of money if you ask me for something to grow to progress when it would have been jumping with cars in my mind from south US69 to the loop and then from I-20 to the north loop for passbyers to get a glimpse of the city and still see the city scene ok.

The tollway is a circle - so it goes in ALL directions, including north and south.

And we don't want or need more traffic on 69 or Loop 323, so the loop is working as planned. Precisely as planned, though apparently not in accordance to your plan. Which really doesn't matter since you don't live here, don't have any government representation here, don't vote here, and don't pay taxes here.

The last thing we need is more congestion in the areas you mentioned, which are absolutely booming with new businesses and new businesses. The southwest loop 49 (tollway) is especially busy (connecting with several southern reaching main arteries) and there are tons of new roads and neighborhoods and businesses opening up in that southwest quadrant of Tyler and the surrounding bedroom communities thanks to Loop 49. ESPECIALLY in the areas between the two loops. The more businesses we can move OFF of Broadway (69) and into other areas, the better.

Many of these new businesses and neighborhoods are very affluent or upscale too. I like that sort of growth. Tyler is a prosperous, pleasant place to live and raise a family.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:37 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,905,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The tollway is a circle - so it goes in ALL directions, including north and south.

And we don't want or need more traffic on 69 or Loop 323, so the loop is working as planned. Precisely as planned, though apparently not in accordance to your plan. Which really doesn't matter since you don't live here, don't have any government representation here, don't vote here, and don't pay taxes here.

The last thing we need is more congestion in the areas you mentioned, which are absolutely booming with new businesses and new businesses. The southwest loop 49 (tollway) is especially busy (connecting with several southern reaching main arteries) and there are tons of new roads and neighborhoods and businesses opening up in that southwest quadrant of Tyler and the surrounding bedroom communities thanks to Loop 49. ESPECIALLY in the areas between the two loops. The more businesses we can move OFF of Broadway (69) and into other areas, the better.

Many of these new businesses and neighborhoods are very affluent or upscale too. I like that sort of growth. Tyler is a prosperous, pleasant place to live and raise a family.
Since you say so lol!

Old 03-18-2016, 05:19 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Since you say so lol!
I actually have very little say in where major highways are built in Tyler. But one reason I like living here is that apparently I'm on the same page as most decision makers when it comes to these things.

Look, Dee - you choose not to live in Tyler because it doesn't offer the entertainment options you apparently prefer, and that's OK. But since you don't live here, and are happy not to - and since others DO live here and are very happy to do so - why do you feel this incessant need to criticize and complain about a city which is doing very well without your input - and which you are happy not to live in anyway? Why does it matter to you so much? Why are you so determined to be critical of a city that most people who choose to live here like very much? And it's also a city booming with economic growth, new projects and developments, close proximity to all sorts of various pleasantries that lots of people really enjoy, so I don't understand your obsession with ridiculing it, and comparing it to Nacogdoches - another pleasant place with interesting history and it's own unique flavor.

I don't think that most people in Nac want it to be another Tyler and I'm pretty darn sure that most people in Tyler don't want it to be another Nacogdoches. They are two very different places and appeal to different people - why isn't that OK with you? Why can't you be happy that the people who choose to live in either place are just simply happy to have found a place they like so much?

Old 03-18-2016, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I actually have very little say in where major highways are built in Tyler. But one reason I like living here is that apparently I'm on the same page as most decision makers when it comes to these things.

Look, Dee - you choose not to live in Tyler because it doesn't offer the entertainment options you apparently prefer, and that's OK. But since you don't live here, and are happy not to - and since others DO live here and are very happy to do so - why do you feel this incessant need to criticize and complain about a city which is doing very well without your input - and which you are happy not to live in anyway? Why does it matter to you so much? Why are you so determined to be critical of a city that most people who choose to live here like very much? And it's also a city booming with economic growth, new projects and developments, close proximity to all sorts of various pleasantries that lots of people really enjoy, so I don't understand your obsession with ridiculing it, and comparing it to Nacogdoches - another pleasant place with interesting history and it's own unique flavor.

I don't think that most people in Nac want it to be another Tyler and I'm pretty darn sure that most people in Tyler don't want it to be another Nacogdoches. They are two very different places and appeal to different people - why isn't that OK with you? Why can't you be happy that the people who choose to live in either place are just simply happy to have found a place they like so much?
I agree nobody in Nac want be Tyler in any darn way and I am positive Tyler don't want to be like Nac.

We Agree!

Old 03-19-2016, 12:21 PM

577 posts, read 512,697 times
I was in Longview yesterday, the first time in years, and I must say I was rather impressed with all the development in the city. From Hollybrook to Hawkins there are new hotels and shopping centers everywhere. Lots of traffic in that area especially around Eastman (259). My impression of Longview was one of a city with a really great quality of life and a great place to raise a family.

On another note, Dee..... you rarely remember the other major city in East Texas (Texarkana). Have you been there in the past few years and driven on one of the three interstates (I-369, I-49, I-30)??? Texarkana by far has the most extensive system of freeways in all of East Texas. That being said, the city is NOT growing anywhere near the levels of Tyler or Longview, as it does not have the quality of life standards of those other two cities. So highways are not always a beacon for being a center for growth or a higher quality place to live. I can tell you one thing, Nac/Lufkin does suffer one major transportation setback, and that is a lack of commercial airline service. A lot of times companies wanting to relocate to an area look at things like that. Also Lufkin/Nac lack passenger rail service. So in conclusion, highways upgrading to freeways in the Nac/Lufkin area will do little to raise the quality of life or guarantee an economic growth. These highways will really just allow those passing through to do so more quickly.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
I was in Longview yesterday, the first time in years, and I must say I was rather impressed with all the development in the city. From Hollybrook to Hawkins there are new hotels and shopping centers everywhere. Lots of traffic in that area especially around Eastman (259). My impression of Longview was one of a city with a really great quality of life and a great place to raise a family.

On another note, Dee..... you rarely remember the other major city in East Texas (Texarkana). Have you been there in the past few years and driven on one of the three interstates (I-369, I-49, I-30)??? Texarkana by far has the most extensive system of freeways in all of East Texas. That being said, the city is NOT growing anywhere near the levels of Tyler or Longview, as it does not have the quality of life standards of those other two cities. So highways are not always a beacon for being a center for growth or a higher quality place to live. I can tell you one thing, Nac/Lufkin does suffer one major transportation setback, and that is a lack of commercial airline service. A lot of times companies wanting to relocate to an area look at things like that. Also Lufkin/Nac lack passenger rail service. So in conclusion, highways upgrading to freeways in the Nac/Lufkin area will do little to raise the quality of life or guarantee an economic growth. These highways will really just allow those passing through to do so more quickly.
On to the next correct facts
Next post coming in couple of minutes.......

Old 03-19-2016, 02:14 PM

Tyler don't see the benifits grow from I-20 but Nac and Lufkin see from the loop area and the business district.

Now what was you saying lol

Old 03-19-2016, 03:24 PM

577 posts, read 512,697 times
Quote:
Tyler don't see the benifits grow from I-20 but Nac and Lufkin see from the loop area and the business district.

Now what was you saying lol
Same pattern of growth is seen along Tyler's loop, and Longview's, Texarkana's and just about any other city out there. Point is that freeways/interstates have less to do with the growth than just a highway in general. Other than retail growth along the loop in Lufkin/Nac, what industries with good paying jobs have moved to the area? The last time I checked that area has lost thousands of good paying jobs with the loss of industry.

Old 03-19-2016, 03:46 PM

4,384 posts, read 4,628,204 times
Quote:
Nac is larger then Marshall and doesn't have anything to do with this conversation.
I have lived in Tyler and alot of the people there love and say great things about the city of NAC and also relocating because of the festivities and history.San Antonio has alot of history and Atlanta ga has alot of history so you think just because a city is has alot of history it doesn't draw people lmao.You had to go to school in Cut and Shoot,Tx or Alto,Tx to make it a little better.Nacogdoches is has a construction boom going on all around the city ugh did I mention all around the city and the highway system as well is constructing and advancing the corridors in several areas in Nac.Nac and Lufkin are bring new chains in every month.So that let me know you haven't been in this area in a while lol but it is ok to make up stuff like alot of others.Nac inner city in the loop is just as broad as Tyler so no it doesn't feel any smaller driving around but we all get that Tyler is little large in pop Wow.I-69 is here and connects our area to the 4TH LARGEST CITY AMERICA H-town so yes this area is going to grow and if you are mad talk to the state not me about Nac or Lufkin economic growth.I-69 also well take over the loops of both cities and have a business sector which run through the heart of both cities lol. Houston is growing toward our way but I don't see Dallas going past Mesquite toward Tyler.You must don't pay attention to your surroundings but I do.Tyler has set on I-20 for how many years and haven't done as much as it can do.Nacogdoches and Lufkin trade area numbers are not small supporting almost a half of a million people so yea they both are going to grow.Nac and Lufkin are picking up the freeway pattern which as time goes on make them more attractive to business then Tyler because the city sit south of the gold spot and have had many years to annex I-20 and proceed to major city but choose not to.

That shows that Tyler is ran by people who want it to be just a large town.
Your lying man and you know it, lol. Whose moving to Nac solely off the festivals and history? Unless you're a historic city like New Orleans,Boston,Philly or hell even Charleston then your not moving to Nacogdoches because of it's history. Your not moving there because of the famous blueberry Festival unless maybe your an elderly person looking for a slow pace of life. And when I was living in Houston and would drive up 59 now I-69 to head back to Longview I would see the new chains in Lufkin but if all a city relies on for a boom is new nationally chain restaurants then it's not really this economic boom that you pretend it is. Nacogdoches doesn't have a "inner city" please stop that. If any city in East Texas had a true inner city it would be Tyler.

I'm pretty sure Tyler and Longview have more economic growth then Nac and Lufkin. I mean the expansion of I-69 isn't a direct result of Nac and Lufkin growing that has everything to do with the state as a whole. And Houston is not growing towards your way. Are you that delusional? I'm only going back and forth with you at this point because of entertainment purposes. But it's alot of small towns and miles in between the 2. I wish the Nacogdoches resident's on here will just accept they're city for what it is. Even this young "hip" characterization is a misrepresentation. The young demographic is solely based on the college students. Those 20 something year olds who graduated or choose not to go college aren't flocking the hip young town of Nac. Austin would be a true genuine youthful city because young 20 to 30 something professionals are flocking to the city and former students of those respected universities and colleges are staying in Austin after graduation adding to the culture of the city.

SFA students are not doing that, even in a bigger town like Waco(where I went to school at) a college like Baylor is pretty much in they're own bubble. And yes i'm aware they do have some influence on the landscape of the city much like SFA with Nac but it's a difference when those students reside well after graduation in those cities and towns.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Your lying man and you know it, lol. Whose moving to Nac solely off the festivals and history? Unless you're a historic city like New Orleans,Boston,Philly or hell even Charleston then your not moving to Nacogdoches because of it's history. Your not moving there because of the famous blueberry Festival unless maybe your an elderly person looking for a slow pace of life. And when I was living in Houston and would drive up 59 now I-69 to head back to Longview I would see the new chains in Lufkin but if all a city relies on for a boom is new nationally chain restaurants then it's not really this economic boom that you pretend it is. Nacogdoches doesn't have a "inner city" please stop that. If any city in East Texas had a true inner city it would be Tyler.

I'm pretty sure Tyler and Longview have more economic growth then Nac and Lufkin. I mean the expansion of I-69 isn't a direct result of Nac and Lufkin growing that has everything to do with the state as a whole. And Houston is not growing towards your way. Are you that delusional? I'm only going back and forth with you at this point because of entertainment purposes. But it's alot of small towns and miles in between the 2. I wish the Nacogdoches resident's on here will just accept they're city for what it is. Even this young "hip" characterization is a misrepresentation. The young demographic is solely based on the college students. Those 20 something year olds who graduated or choose not to go college aren't flocking the hip young town of Nac. Austin would be a true genuine youthful city because young 20 to 30 something professionals are flocking to the city and former students of those respected universities and colleges are staying in Austin after graduation adding to the culture of the city.

SFA students are not doing that, even in a bigger town like Waco(where I went to school at) a college like Baylor is pretty much in they're own bubble. And yes i'm aware they do have some influence on the landscape of the city much like SFA with Nac but it's a difference when those students reside well after graduation in those cities and towns.
I can't help that Tyler is not seen on I-20 from Dallas to Sherevport only east Texans know about Tyler but when people go to Houston heading to Shreveport they notice Nacogdoches and Lufkin area better believe lol.Tyler is a retirement town coming from J'ville the only time you see Tyler is when you approach the city limit and that is sad but suppose to big this big major place lmao.Nac and Lufkin has the potential to pass Tyler up in population in the next decades.IT's not like the cities are 100,000 people apart lmao really and Nac is just the most beautiful city not town in east Texas.Tyler is a slow pace RETIREMENT town with a little shopping thats it but ok I get but not for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas