Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 07:24 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,302,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Actually, it won't affect the NFL if they're willing to put their money where their mouth is. All they have to do is have unisex bathrooms installed in their stadiums. Problem solved.

What's that? Oh - they want SOMEONE ELSE to pay for their "equality"? Ah......

Having actually worked with booking conventions before, I can tell you that there's typically a limited pool of eligible venues availble for a variety of reasons for each group. And when it comes right down to it, I'm gonna say it - and y'all can have vapors over it if you so desire.

If some guy thinks he can waltz into the girls' room when my wife, daughter or granddaughter are in there, he's going to need to adjust his thinking. Yes - I'm quite aware that CD's have been doing it discreetly for years - and no, I'm not worried about them. It the voyeurs what WOULD take advantage of such a law that concern me - and I'm not afraid to admit it. Nor would I be bashful about barring their entry while mine are in there, or having mine immediately leave. You can take your social experiment and place it where the sun don't shine.
The law will only apply to government owned facilities. NRG stadium is privately owned so the bathroom law does not apply. Also I believe that the law states that when a public facility is being leased by a private entity the law does not apply. Hence a Super Bowl in AT&T Stadium, the law also does not apply.
But it may go further then that as far as the NFL is concerned. They most likely will still deny the state events since they view the law as discrimination. Same as the NBA, NCAA and Big 12.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 08:31 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,775,535 times
Living in a civilization that seems intent on self-destruction sure makes a person stop and think or does it?

Old 03-15-2017, 10:32 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,841,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
The law will only apply to government owned facilities. NRG stadium is privately owned so the bathroom law does not apply. Also I believe that the law states that when a public facility is being leased by a private entity the law does not apply. Hence a Super Bowl in AT&T Stadium, the law also does not apply.
But it may go further then that as far as the NFL is concerned. They most likely will still deny the state events since they view the law as discrimination. Same as the NBA, NCAA and Big 12.
Again - if they're so in favor of it, let THEM pay for it AND be responsible for anyone harmed for their "ideals".

Old 03-15-2017, 11:22 AM

2,134 posts, read 2,119,967 times
Let's think about it this for a second. A perfect example is a transgender man who was biologically born female. Do you really want to force a transgender male into the women's restroom because he was technically born a female? Think about it for a second. All of these scare tactics from the fringe right seem to exclusively focus on male-to-female transgenders.

Let's face it -- there have been very few (if any) problems with transgenders in restrooms. Now there has been lots of problems with priests and pastors molesting young children. Should we create more regulation around them? How about fixing our broken CPS system? I guess children abused in foster care means nothing to social conservatives. We have a major (or what some people would say "big league") problem with radical fringe right religious fundamentalists infiltrating our state and federal government. It's time to wake up.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:18 PM

We've never encouraged sexual deviants to enter restrooms - and this would do just that. Just because ONE thing is broken isn't an excuse to do more damage. And let's see how you would feel if it was YOUR child.

Old 03-15-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
We've never encouraged sexual deviants to enter restrooms - and this would do just that. Just because ONE thing is broken isn't an excuse to do more damage. And let's see how you would feel if it was YOUR child.
I'm confused. Are you saying this bill will encourage sexual deviants to enter restrooms?

The system in place seems to be working fine. Not sure why we need this legislation for a non-existent problem.

Old 03-15-2017, 01:22 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,305,438 times
Too be honest, I am starting to look forward to the passage of this law, just so I can see the doom that the state brings onto itself (i.e. economic backlash, social stigma, etc). Perhaps from there, the Texas Triangle can then seceed from the state, and remove that huge thorn from its side.

Old 03-15-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoolu View Post
Ride em HighRedNeck- 100% right on = i also thought those here dont want the feds telling them how texas should live and they constantly complain about Fed telling them to this or that - now that our own elected officials - who they elected - yes elections matter - pass a law they dont like - they complain again - progressives have no moral compass to stand on - they pick and choose what side they want to be on based on the wind without any foundation based either on faith -love of country - etc

I am so amused reading there crazy and outrageous responses without any consistenticy what so ever - when the local elected officals do something they dont like they cry - when the state does something they dont like they cry - when the feds do something they dont like they cry -

just like pelosi now she insists that we read the new heath care act ------ dont we all remember her famous line - we have to pass it to find out whats in it? progressives - liberals - left winger are all the same - keep smiling - this is fun
You honestly can't reason or fix stupid with such brainwashed people, like the person above. Throwing around political labels, claiming they have no morals or love for this country, etc. Gee, I wonder how much you've volunteered YOUR time to help the poor or actually fought for and served this country. Hate to break it to you -- but people are a little more complicated than this simple "left vs. right" paradigm you seem to live in. It's difficult to reason with people that lack critical reasoning skills and use only the emotional part of their brains.

Old 03-15-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTXman34 View Post
I'm confused. Are you saying this bill will encourage sexual deviants to enter restrooms?

The system in place seems to be working fine. Not sure why we need this legislation for a non-existent problem.
What would stop them then? Yes - the current system WAS working - until the "socially progressives" started insisted that ALL bathroom facilities be considered "unisex".

Old 03-15-2017, 05:31 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,775,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTXman34 View Post
Let's think about it this for a second. A perfect example is a transgender man who was biologically born female. Do you really want to force a transgender male into the women's restroom because he was technically born a female? Think about it for a second. All of these scare tactics from the fringe right seem to exclusively focus on male-to-female transgenders.

Let's face it -- there have been very few (if any) problems with transgenders in restrooms. Now there has been lots of problems with priests and pastors molesting young children. Should we create more regulation around them? How about fixing our broken CPS system? I guess children abused in foster care means nothing to social conservatives. We have a major (or what some people would say "big league") problem with radical fringe right religious fundamentalists infiltrating our state and federal government. It's time to wake up.
You left out children that have been molested by school teachers. I believe there was abuse in the Boy Scouts? I guess we could go on naming areas, but I think everyone agrees we need to focus our attention on limiting the abuses, not opening doorways to create avenues for more abuses.

As I see it, the ones wanting to enact a law stating that a person will be allowed to use the restroom he/she relates to identifying with sexually in their mind, not their physical being need to seriously think about what they're asking for. To me, a law permitting that is just opening a Pandora's box. Before all of this mess got started, I have to admit I never gave a thought to any of it, so if I happened to see a transgender go into say the ladies room, they obviously had done a good job of transgendering (lol is this even a word?) and I would assume to be fairly harmless or at least hope so.

But with a passage of a law saying all a man (any man, young, old, bearded, clean shaven, whatever) has to do to enter the ladies room is wear female attire (if they even have to do that, do they? anyone know?) and say they are a woman (even if they walk, talk look like a man) and there is no way anyone can stop them without being in violation of the law and therefore subject to whatever penalties the state decides to impose on this. The same goes for a woman if she chooses to go into the restroom clearly labeled men's. Heck, I guess she could be wearing a dress and carrying a purse but if questioned, just say "I am a man" and ergo, she's in. We all naturally tend to think about the perverted guys going into the ladies restroom, but hey, could be some perverted old/ young, who knows what woman going into the men's as well, checking the guys out and there's your young sons in there as well.

And to rrdz1979 who commented "First, why would allow your little child to go in a public restroom alone? Secondly, if you see someone acting inappropriately in a public restroom, gather your children and leave. If a child gets molested in a public restroom, I feel that the parents were not doing their jobs". First, I will ask how little a child are you are taking about. You sound like you are talking about a toddler and if that's the case, the parent do take the child into the restroom they go into. Daddies are still allowed to take their young daughters places and same goes for moms taking young sons. If a child is young enough, you can take them into the restroom you go into and help them like I just said. But as you know, kids grow fast and surely you know that it inappropriate for a daddy to go with his young daughter (not a toddler any more you know) into a restroom and vice versa for the mom/son? You stand at the door and you bet, if your child doesn't come in the expected time and if for any reason you suspect something, open that door and ask. But for you to say what you did (and if the parent is not in the restroom, how are they going to know someone in there is acting inappropriately ) and that if their child gets molested in a public restroom they are not doing their job is well over the top.

This thing sure seemed to come up out of nowhere fast and just been erupting like a volcano this past year or so. Wow, whatever did people do before all of this out and in your face uproar? If the states want to go making changes, why not start with remodeling the government buildings? Leave the men and ladies restrooms as such and take some space by them to build a restroom labeled he/she or if this offends you, then label it transgender and there, the problem is solved. As to going into the private sector and telling company owners how to enforce their restrooms, that's a big fat no no, but you can bet your sweet ass, the day is coming and sooner than you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas