Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 06:41 PM

1,783 posts, read 2,573,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTXman34 View Post
You honestly can't reason or fix stupid with such brainwashed people, like the person above. Throwing around political labels, claiming they have no morals or love for this country, etc. Gee, I wonder how much you've volunteered YOUR time to help the poor or actually fought for and served this country. Hate to break it to you -- but people are a little more complicated than this simple "left vs. right" paradigm you seem to live in. It's difficult to reason with people that lack critical reasoning skills and use only the emotional part of their brains.
Agreed. I don't understand the need for legislation regarding this. Dan Patrick is just a religious lunatic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 08:25 PM

570 posts, read 561,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texyn View Post
Too be honest, I am starting to look forward to the passage of this law, just so I can see the doom that the state brings onto itself (i.e. economic backlash, social stigma, etc). Perhaps from there, the Texas Triangle can then seceed from the state, and remove that huge thorn from its side.
Or just kick Dan Patrick out of office.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:32 PM

570 posts, read 561,022 times
I doubt Transgender people will care. They'll still using the same bathroom as they always been using. Just like people said, how are you going to in force it? Have police at every restroom forcing people to hand over birth certificates? I tell ya this bill is about as redundant as the "Masterbation bill" that State Rep. Jessica Farrar trying to in force.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:55 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,629,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
We've never encouraged sexual deviants to enter restrooms - and this would do just that. Just because ONE thing is broken isn't an excuse to do more damage. And let's see how you would feel if it was YOUR child.
Here is the problem though , most sexual deviants who are going to commit a sexual crime aren't worried about a bathroom bill acting as a deterent to stop themselves .

A adult or minor transgender person sexually assaulting a child in a bathroom can't hide behind a allowance that allows them to use a bathroom based on their gender identity either.
They still have committed a crime regardless of where it was committed.
So are you saying just because a potential crime may occur let's punish the rest of transgender people?

Perhaps we should be like Saudi Arabia where females & males are separated in everyday life then.
Sort of why women have to wear burkas to cover their bodies because apparently Saudi males are all full of lustful contempt & can't control themselves!

Old 03-15-2017, 09:10 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,952,048 times
For the people that are in favor of transgendered bathroom rights, please answer me a question: Assuming men can use the women's room and vice versa, what is the practical purpose of having sex designated rest rooms at all anymore? It would be more space efficient to build giant restrooms and herd everyone into those.

I don't see this as being a major issue. Transsexuals have already been using the opposite bathrooms already. Most sex crime isn't happening in the restroom. What I don't understand is why maintain the illusion of having gender designated restrooms if they aren't really gender designated? Either have restrooms be gender designated or have them open to all genders.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:54 AM

5,265 posts, read 6,410,278 times
Quote:
Assuming men can use the women's room and vice versa, what is the practical purpose of having sex designated rest rooms at all anymore?
You apparently don't even know what a transgendered person is.

Old 03-16-2017, 10:34 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,775,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
Well, I know what a pecker is and it has no business being inside a public restroom designated as Ladies Restroom.

Old 03-16-2017, 10:47 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,952,048 times
Quote:
You didn't actually attempt to answer the question

I know that if you have a penis and XY chromosome you are biologically male. So if biological males are going into the women's restroom, then what is the purpose of having segregated restrooms?

Let's try this another way. Assume transsexuals didn't exist at all. What is the purpose of having segregated restrooms?

Old 03-16-2017, 10:56 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Quote:
What I don't get is, and I am not being facetious, is that if there is nothing physically wrong with someone as in they have all the male anatomy, the chromosomes of a male, and the doctor cannot find a single ailment or misaligned anything as far as the physical body, all physical evidence points to a person being biologically a male, then the only "evidence" for that person being female is in the person's head? If the person says that it's a sincerely held belief, that it is a feeling, then how would the man know what it's like to be a female if they weren't born one? They're reducing womanhood to a feeling, yet how would they even know what that feeling is like if they were never born a woman or lived as a woman?

Old 03-16-2017, 07:04 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,576,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Actually, it won't affect the NFL if they're willing to put their money where their mouth is. All they have to do is have unisex bathrooms installed in their stadiums. Problem solved.
Well if that is the case I am sure Jerry Jones will comply. He's not going to lose a penny that he doesn't have to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas