Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 07:39 PM

1,982 posts, read 2,092,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
What I don't get is, and I am not being facetious, is that if there is nothing physically wrong with someone as in they have all the male anatomy, the chromosomes of a male, and the doctor cannot find a single ailment or misaligned anything as far as the physical body, all physical evidence points to a person being biologically a male, then the only "evidence" for that person being female is in the person's head? If the person says that it's a sincerely held belief, that it is a feeling, then how would the man know what it's like to be a female if they weren't born one? They're reducing womanhood to a feeling, yet how would they even know what that feeling is like if they were never born a woman or lived as a woman?
I believe, iirc, that there are tests available to help identify transgender people because there are detectable differences in how their brains work or are formed. It's been a while since I've read into it and I'm not good at recalling information. If you'd like, I can search it up more once home later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 08:28 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parhe View Post
I believe, iirc, that there are tests available to help identify transgender people because there are detectable differences in how their brains work or are formed. It's been a while since I've read into it and I'm not good at recalling information. If you'd like, I can search it up more once home later.
It seems rather regressive to bring up brain sex science.

Can You Tell Which Brains Are Male? Neither Can These Scientists - NBC News

No discernable differences between male and female brains. I remember the first wave of transgender theory was pushing the idea that Male to female brains were the same as Cis females. Now the new science is that they're different from both men and female and constitute something totally different; a transgender brain.

Old 03-17-2017, 07:38 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
I've seen more and more bathrooms that are single stall and have a sign that has man/woman/handicap on it. They don't take up much room either. These are single stall, fully equipped bathrooms that ANYONE can go into. That's how I'd fix this "problem," - the problem that was a non issue till very recently.

What a bunch of stupidity from every direction.

And no, I don't like the idea of my six granddaughters going into a bathroom that any man any time can go into. And I don't think parents should feel obligated to accompany 10 -18 year old kids to the bathroom to "be on the lookout" for them, but I do think they should be able to let them scamper off in the direction of a bathroom without fear that some guy can legally just wander in there and peruse the users anytime he wants to just by claiming that he "identified with being a woman" that particular day.

See, it's not the transgender folks I worry about - they seem harmless and have probably already been using the bathroom of the sex they identify with for years or decades without making any sort of scene about it. It's the people who would abuse this law that I have an issue with.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:12 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,717,676 times
Another solution in search of a problem and another day where Texas is the laughingstock of the entire country.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Another solution in search of a problem and another day where Texas is the laughingstock of the entire country.
And another day when Texans just really couldn't care less what some people in some other states think of them.

Yawn.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:01 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
And another day when Texans just really couldn't care less what some people in some other states think of them.

Yawn.
Exactly. And this is what I was trying to articulate earlier. This strange belief to follow fall in line with the rest of the country is just not something that Texans do lightly. They just think we're being iconoclastic for the sheer hell of it but if it passes, it passes, and Texans wouldn't care one iota what other states think otherwise.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:13 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,775,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't all of this about Obama's directive that stated "public schools they must allow transgender students to use bathrooms that correspond with their gender identity rather than the gender listed on their birth certificate". If schools failed to heed the order, the Obama administration threatened to cut federal funding.

I am not all that familiar with all the aspects of this crap as I tend to ignore stupid as much as possible, but I did catch myself looking at this thread and duh even contributed to it.

But I seem to gather from what has been said on here that some people think Texas just up and started this firestorm about who should use what restroom (Good Lord, yes, it's even sillier when put in print . . .hey, which restroom y'all going to use today, the boys or the girls? heh, heh, heh) because they were bored down there in Austin and just thought this little silly dilly would be fun to play around with? Is that it? Or is it because of the order imposed by the federal government (thank you Obama for another fine mess)? lol Brings to mind what was said about Obama concerning this - Kennedy put a man on the moon and Obama put a man in the women's restroom. Yep, about right.

So it has come down to the sad fact that states who oppose this insane stupidity are classified as being run by religious nuts trying to impose their religious beliefs on everyone. As usual, the critics double whammy Texas. Let's see, it's Dan Patrick trying impose religion into state matters ( and we all know that is a big no-no), so there you go, see just how dumb he is for even thinking of doing such a thing? Of course, no one ever stops to think it really is a matter of common sense, not religion. Oh wait! Here I go again forgetting common sense has long since flew out the window! And now here comes the remark "another day where Texas is the laughingstock of the entire country". Why is this a surprise for you critics? Anyone knows being a laughingstock goes hand in hand with being a religious backwoods redneck, right and isn't Texas just chocked full of them according to y'all?

Well, you know, can't just everybody be such cool, sophisticated, hip cats so just thank your lucky stars you are one and keep on hating, bless your hearts.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:22 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,420,086 times
Okay, people, just think about this for a minute. Some of you apparently want these people to be required to use the ladies' room because their birth certificates do, indeed, say female:

And you want to require this person to use the men's room because it says male on her birth certificate:

This makes sense to you how? Or are you just not educating yourself on transgender and letting your knee jerk all by itself, sans brain?

Old 03-17-2017, 10:33 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,302,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

Yawn.
Then Texans should care less when a private entity decides not to expand business or hold events in the state.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Okay, people, just think about this for a minute. Some of you apparently want these people to be required to use the ladies' room because their birth certificates do, indeed, say female:

And you want to require this person to use the men's room because it says male on her birth certificate:

This makes sense to you how? Or are you just not educating yourself on transgender and letting your knee jerk all by itself, sans brain?

No, what I'm saying is that there are very few people in this world who are actually transgender and most of them were probably using whatever bathroom they identified with prior to all this hoopla without anyone even suspecting anything.

I think this whole thing is much ado about nothing, and I don't like the federal government trying to strong arm states into complying with this much ado about nothing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.3ea0024a68b2

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/01/h...opulation.html

Either way you slice it - well under 1 percent of the population. SHEEZE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas