Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2021, 10:44 AM

9,902 posts, read 6,602,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
Believe me, when HEB is trying to attract upscale customers to a non-CM store, it fancies them up on its own, it doesn't have to be told to. And its current model for new "average" metro suburban stores is really pretty nice as it is.

I find your hostility to non-CM HEBs to be a little strange. There would be nothing wrong with a "regular" HEB (which in reality would probably be a "fancier" regular HEB), Kroger, or Albertsons opening another store within Dallas.
By "Fancy" HEBs are you talking about the "HEB Fresh" concepts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2021, 11:07 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,709,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
By "Fancy" HEBs are you talking about the "HEB Fresh" concepts?
There are main line H-E-B stores that are fancier than others.

For example, someone in another thread mentioned how dingy the store in Georgetown is. Yet, you also have locations like the 2-story H-E-B in Houston that offer a shopping experience comparable to a Whole Foods.

Old 04-01-2021, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post

For example, someone in another thread mentioned how dingy the store in Georgetown is. Yet, you also have locations like the 2-story H-E-B in Houston that offer a shopping experience comparable to a Whole Foods.
Yeah I know. I was asking because there's also modernized HEBs in the suburbs (that aren't run down like Goergetown) while they wouldn't fit that "fancy" he mentioned before. But there's also an "HEB Fresh" concept which (like you mention) have a Whole Foods feel. So I was wondering if thats the concept he was mentioning.

Old 04-01-2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Yeah I know. I was asking because there's also modernized HEBs in the suburbs (that aren't run down like Goergetown) while they wouldn't fit that "fancy" he mentioned before. But there's also an "HEB Fresh" concept which (like you mention) have a Whole Foods feel. So I was wondering if thats the concept he was mentioning.
The H-E-B store in Waxahachie would be a good example of a location that's modernized but not fancy.

It's obviously one of their higher volume stores, but the clientale is more country / blue collar and thus enough regular shoppers may not necessary care for all of the frills that you see in a more upscale H-E-Bs.

Old 04-01-2021, 11:19 AM

I'm thinking the Plano and Frisco stores will be more like the fancy 2-story location in Houston.

In fact, I wouldn't even be surprised if one of them ends up being a H-E-B Plus.

Old 04-01-2021, 11:56 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,027,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
I still don't think they'll enter Dallas City limits....And if they ever decide to..It would only make sense in South Oak Cliff and Red Bird area.

But if they really wanted to do what makes sense and help a grocer starved food dessert they would have.

Them choosing Frisco and Plano to launch their entrance into the market means they have a different agenda than what people expect of them. I believe they're planning to upgrade the image for the "Standard" H.E.B store. Plano and Frisco WOULD REQUIRE IT....These stores will be notches above the standard Houston Store....Probably a vaguely watered-down version of Central Market.

This new line of H.E.B would be 2 notches above a Houston standard store and 2 notches below a standard Central Market....The idea would be to get Dallasites used to a better version of H.E.B so it COULD BE easier to enter the city limits of Dallas....as of now....it's not happening.
You are a RIOT!!

Old 04-01-2021, 01:23 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,454,419 times
Quote:
I still don't think they'll enter Dallas City limits....And if they ever decide to..It would only make sense in South Oak Cliff and Red Bird area.

But if they really wanted to do what makes sense and help a grocer starved food dessert they would have.

Them choosing Frisco and Plano to launch their entrance into the market means they have a different agenda than what people expect of them. I believe they're planning to upgrade the image for the "Standard" H.E.B store. Plano and Frisco WOULD REQUIRE IT....These stores will be notches above the standard Houston Store....Probably a vaguely watered-down version of Central Market.

This new line of H.E.B would be 2 notches above a Houston standard store and 2 notches below a standard Central Market....The idea would be to get Dallasites used to a better version of H.E.B so it COULD BE easier to enter the city limits of Dallas....as of now....it's not happening.
Have you noticed how Central Markets Logo shy's away from the bold H.E.B symbol and only puts a small one. The regular stigma of H.E.B just wouldn't fly in Dallas....They Had to soup it up and create something new and upscale for Dallas to embrace it like Houston embraced the run of the mill H.E.B on every corner trend.....Thats why we have 8 Central Markets to 1 in Houston. the one in Houston was just a trial to see if Houston could embrace such an upscale version.....one location says it can't.....so...run of mills it is for Houston....Soup it up for Dallas.

Old 04-01-2021, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Have you noticed how Central Markets Logo shy's away from the bold H.E.B symbol and only puts a small one. The regular stigma of H.E.B just wouldn't fly in Dallas....They Had to soup it up and create something new and upscale for Dallas to embrace it like Houston embraced the run of the mill H.E.B on every corner trend.....Thats why we have 8 Central Markets to 1 in Houston. the one in Houston was just a trial to see if Houston could embrace such an upscale version.....one location says it can't.....so...run of mills it is for Houston....Soup it up for Dallas.
Tf is wrong with you?

Old 04-01-2021, 01:44 PM

5,615 posts, read 4,943,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post

Correct, I'm talking about the 2-story HEBs, or the Montrose and Buffalo Heights HEBs, which are a notch nicer than the new ones built on say, the Grand Parkway (which are perfectly nice suburban stores).

Old 04-01-2021, 03:21 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,027,720 times
Quote:
It’s a grocery store for crying out loud! You’re starting to live up to the 30K millionaire stereotype some people have of Dallasites!

Wealthy people don’t do their own grocery shopping didn’t you know! They have people cook for them and probably send their Mexican nanny’s to do all the grocery shopping for them! LOL

Wake up!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas