Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2016, 09:00 AM

169 posts, read 111,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
He never thinks he's wrong. Even when majority disagree. He's all about the deflect and deny. But does so poorly.

"He" sounds like a woman. there's two kind of gay men. The feminine type gay man and the manly gay man. He uses insults and shaming. Total waste of time.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:02 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadmike View Post
"He" sounds like a woman. there's two kind of gay men. The feminine type gay man and the manly gay man. He uses insults and shaming. Total waste of time.
I would tell you what you sound like, but frankly anyone reading what you are writing has already dismissed you !

Old 05-11-2016, 05:27 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,877,316 times
I know what you guy(s) are doing and if you think the personal attacks or insult angle is going to work - think again!

Last edited by fusion2; 05-11-2016 at 06:22 PM..

Old 05-11-2016, 05:49 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,403,667 times
Don't worry fusion, those two are just making themselves look bad (and kind of crazy). Let them type away.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:09 PM

800 posts, read 730,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Don't worry fusion, those two are just making themselves look bad (and kind of crazy). Let them type away.
Lol. Whatever you say.

Old 05-12-2016, 09:32 AM

169 posts, read 111,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
Lol. Whatever you say.
dude thinks we are the same person and he is telling us we are making personal attacks.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:35 PM

800 posts, read 730,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadmike View Post
dude thinks we are the same person and he is telling us we are making personal attacks.
Well I have. Haha. You pretty much categorized him. Guess he doesn't like it. Shouldn't take things so personally. Just a message board after all.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:21 AM

54 posts, read 45,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanAnna View Post
I am a 34 year old, educated Russian female and I have lived in London UK, New York, Chicago and Barcelona. Moved to Toronto 2.5 years ago and I am currently trying to decide whether to stay or go back to Europe. While my career has took off here, my standard of living is waaaay above the one I've had in NY or London (which are both super expensive and much much less affordable than Toronto) I have become super depressed here.

It seems like the city is full of robots. Whenever I go out in NY or London or Chicago, whether it's a bar, night club, a gallery or a patio, I end up meeting new people, having random conversation with someone and being hit on. Always.

Here, not only men do not approach women (and this isn't solely my observation, it's what other women, Canadian ones specifically, complain about), they also act with suspicion if I decide to say hello or strike up a conversation.

Is this Canadian reservdness people have warned me about before I have moved here?

Online dating isn't any better. Men I meet through Tinder or other dating sites say hello, but that's about it, after that initial basic introduction they pretty much expect me to carry the conversation, suggest the meeting and plan everything too.

While I have attempted to date several Canadian men I have became excrutiatingly bored after few weeks and finished things off. I am noticing guys here lack confidence. Even if I meet a guy that I like and make it clear that I like him, he will never make a move and lets say, try to grab me and kiss me. They just kinda sit there, staring, lifeless, insecure..

This is so depressing. What are your thoughts? Where are the strong, confident, funny, alpha males? Are they all in US and Europe?

I feel for you, really do. I am also a European born female, who moved solo to Toronto in 2011 (having grown up in South Africa). Anyway I am back in Europe and being in Italy just last month - everything was a breath of fresh air compare to Toronto, literally speaking. I felt SOOO much more alive, you have no idea.

Toronto was great for the first couple of months, but the vibe is peculiar to say the least. I attended some great events etc but to create meaningful long-lasting relationships, thats a battle itself unless you already have an existing social status / circle.

I haven't been to Moscow but I have heard very good things about it from other Russians.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:59 AM

400 posts, read 422,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarx_121 View Post
I feel for you, really do. I am also a European born female, who moved solo to Toronto in 2011 (having grown up in South Africa). Anyway I am back in Europe and being in Italy just last month - everything was a breath of fresh air compare to Toronto, literally speaking. I felt SOOO much more alive, you have no idea.

Toronto was great for the first couple of months, but the vibe is peculiar to say the least. I attended some great events etc but to create meaningful long-lasting relationships, thats a battle itself unless you already have an existing social status / circle.

I haven't been to Moscow but I have heard very good things about it from other Russians.
So are you actually now in italy, or did you say you only visited briefly just last month? Yeah, my parents were italian and I gotta say, they really know how to enjoy their social lives over there. People will befriend you quickly and often invite me to some happening or party on our first meeting just out of courtesy. I even got invited to a 'gita', they called it, or a trip to Croatia (sidenote: highly recommend to anyone that they go to Croatia at least once in their lives. Beautiful place). Portugal, though, is my favorite. Great weather, great food, not as expensive as italy, close to warm beaches in the Algarve should you need a little sun exposure. Portugal rocks.

Toronto would be a significantly better place long term if we could just thaw the social environment a little bit.

Old 05-19-2016, 02:20 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times
Default Interesting ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookyhere View Post
So are you actually now in italy, or did you say you only visited briefly just last month? Yeah, my parents were italian and I gotta say, they really know how to enjoy their social lives over there. People will befriend you quickly and often invite me to some happening or party on our first meeting just out of courtesy. I even got invited to a 'gita', they called it, or a trip to Croatia (sidenote: highly recommend to anyone that they go to Croatia at least once in their lives. Beautiful place). Portugal, though, is my favorite. Great weather, great food, not as expensive as italy, close to warm beaches in the Algarve should you need a little sun exposure. Portugal rocks.

Toronto would be a significantly better place long term if we could just thaw the social environment a little bit.
I find what you just said interesting. In Toronto we have lots of people from Italian and Portugese backgrounds. In my experiences dealing with Italian and Portugese people that live in Toronto, but are not born here (ex they came here as teens or adults decades ago) they do still seem much warmer/ more freindly. However, I wonder if they kids and grand kids loose this vibe. I come from a very warm and freindly culture. My father is still like that (also still has a very destrinct accent and he has live here longer then he has lived in his country of brith), but both my brother and myself who are born here would be pretty standard in terms of the general so called Toronto level of freindliness. I know personality always comes in to play no matter where you are from in determining how freindly you are in general. I spend some time with a group of adults around 50-70 recently and found them extremly warm, bubbly and freindly. It was in the context of a meeting, but in general a very positive experience. There was this huge level of warmth in the conversation. We were talking about serious issues, but in a less rigid way. It left refreshing as this is really my prefer style of dialouge... but in real life I have learned to tone it down as some people take it as lacking respect for the seriousness of the topic. I wonder if these same social skills get lost when people start to settle in here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto