Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2016, 10:56 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,486,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
I thought he comment about counting her bullets was telling. These were rich people who probably were used to getting their way and they tried to intimidate her. I.e. you do what we say or you're fired.
I thought that comment told something, alright. I thought it told Arndt was a bit off.

She seemed to enjoy the drama and the spotlight. Remember she made the comment about meeting eyes with John over JB's body as he laid her down and they looked at each other and they both knew that he was the perp. What??? LOL I think she's a bit of a lunatic, personally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 11:04 AM

1,177 posts, read 1,131,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
My take on that:

At one point he made a motion which mimicked striking someone from above. He changed flashlight to hammer because the flashlight was one of the "secrets" that he had been coached on. He also mimicked a forward motion with his hand as if stabbing someone. He changed train track to knife because that was another secret.

The marks on her back look to me like someone pushed that train track in very hard, probably someone very angry. I know the CBS show presented the idea that someone was trying to get her to wake up. I'm not so sure about that.
Wasn't one of the theories, before the CBS show, that she was conked on the head and fell on the tracks? Which makes more sense imo than being poked with the pieces and leaving that deep of a mark.

Old 09-23-2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I thought that comment told something, alright. I thought it told Arndt was a bit off.

She seemed to enjoy the drama and the spotlight. Remember she made the comment about meeting eyes with John over JB's body as he laid her down and they looked at each other and they both knew that he was the perp. What??? LOL I think she's a bit of a lunatic, personally.
I don't think it's all that crazy. Almost everyone on here thinks he covered it up/staged it. He's had many inconsistencies in his stories. I.e. you don't have to be a trained police officer to see he's off.

Old 09-23-2016, 11:20 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,344,844 times
Falling on a piece of train track would not leave those marks unless the track was propped up. I find that very unlikely.

There are interviews with Linda Arndt on YouTube. There is definitely something odd about her.

Old 09-23-2016, 11:43 AM

18,050 posts, read 15,645,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
There's a reason this case has gone unsolved for 20 years.
Not because of an "intruder," as there was no intruder. The problem is the DA wouldn't charge the Ramsey's with what the Grand Jury recommended via a true bill.

Because it couldn't be proved who did what and nearly 10 yr old Burke was off the table in terms of legal culpability, the case went nowhere. They knew it was an inside job within the family. But try to prove it to a jury of 12 unanimously and you only get one try.

Old 09-23-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
Falling on a piece of train track would not leave those marks unless the track was propped up. I find that very unlikely.

There are interviews with Linda Arndt on YouTube. There is definitely something odd about her.
The only off thing is she doesn't outright say John did it in her opinion, but I guess she's afraid of being sued.

Old 09-23-2016, 12:15 PM

150 posts, read 180,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
In some of the kidnapping-for-ransom cases that I've seen, they kill the abductee anyway. The person/people knew law enforcement tactics. They used materials in the home, so I think they were carrying light. John was expected to get the money at 8 to 10 am. The Ramsies weren't expected to call the cops. They weren't expected to call their friends over. The Ramsies weren't supposed to find the body until the purps got their money. The purps were meticulous enough to leave no evidence, so why carry a dead body out of the house? Hide it away, get your money, and who cares if they find the body after that. The purps were good enough to use enough force to knock her unconscious but not kill her or draw blood, and they used a garrote to also leave no blood. This isn't this person's first rodeo at this I suspect.

That's all I can think of. Other than that I have no idea. There's a reason this case has gone unsolved for 20 years.
My problem is what was the motive? It wasn't money, nothing was stolen and they didn't get the ransom, it wasn't sexual, so someone just had to kill this little girl on Christmas Day none the less?

I know there are sick people in the world, but even they are busy on Christmas Day. Seems more to me the motive was toys or a tired little jealous boy that just had enough on Christmas night.

Burke even admitted to using a flashlight to go back downstairs. Lin Wood said they knew that the special was going to name him as the suspect that's why he went on Dr. Phil. So Burke is already a liar because he said the reason he did the interview was to honor her memory and that wasn't true at all.

It will be very telling if Lin Wood files the suit because Burke wouldn't want to have an investigation and have to testify. Guilty people just want it to go away. We'll see if the suit actually goes forward, I bet it's all smoke and mirrors. We'll see, this case is the case that just keeps going!

Old 09-23-2016, 12:43 PM

I don't know why people keep saying Burke won't want to testify. He can go up there and say he saw space aliens and that would be an acceptable response. No one knows what happens. He can just make something up or claim not to know/remember. There would be no proof he was lying.

Old 09-23-2016, 12:51 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,547,566 times
Lin Wood said they knew that the special was going to name him as the suspect that's why he went on Dr. Phil.

Lets do a dr Phil interview with Burke. He's got this creepy joker face grin...but no ones gonna notice.

Lin Woods a liar

Old 09-23-2016, 12:57 PM

18,050 posts, read 15,645,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Lin Wood said they knew that the special was going to name him as the suspect that's why he went on Dr. Phil.
And there's yet another confirmed LIE from Burke because Phil asked Burke (on air) why now, why was he coming forward to speak now, and Burke said it was because it was the 20th anniversary coming up and "he wanted to honor his sister."

liar!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime