Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2023, 07:38 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
Do you have your ticket for entry to the courtroom? There aren't many. Apparently it's a pretty small room.

To clarify, the death penalty was removed by the judge because the prosecution failed to turn over discovery in a timely manner. Some of it, including 3,000 jailhouse phone conversations, was a year late. Since Lori didn't waive her right to a speedy trial, the court could not delay the trial while her defense had time to analyze the recently received discovery, so the judge decided to take the death penalty off the table instead.
I haven’t gotten in the court room yet but today was granted a chair in the viewing room next to the court room. If I get in tomorrow I’ll report my observations tomorrow night
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2023, 08:50 PM

I had a interesting day at the courthouse. The sound is good in the viewing room but I can’t see a lot on the monitors. The cameras are too away. The defense lawyers are very nice to the witnesses. I don’t really understand their plan but I just saw it 1 day. Hopefully they have a end plan and do some defending soon. Prosecutors also seem apathetic but again only saw 1 day.

Lori is very thin. She smiles at odd times. When Alex wife was testifying she looked very bored then when her 1st son Colby testified she sat up straight and was engaged and watchful. Colby said he didn’t know Alex well but that he was very odd, crude and rude. Alex’s wife said he was under total control of Chad and Lori and his sole job on earth was to be Lori’s protector.

I’ll try and get in the viewing room again.

Old 04-18-2023, 09:02 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
Thank you for the insider info! Keep it coming!!

Old 04-22-2023, 08:08 AM

9,847 posts, read 7,712,566 times
I've been listening to the full audio feeds every evening. Then I may listen to a handful of commentators on youtube.

I also am part of a Facebook group that's been following the case for years. And I check the reddit group and twitter.

Okay, I'm obsessed with this case. I just want justice. I think things are going well so far.

Old 04-27-2023, 09:16 PM

I was in the viewing room again today and it was very interesting. It started out with pics of Tylies pelvis bones. There were fractures and sharp cuts all over. The anthropologist was confused and said most people dismember bodies at the joint and a FBI agent said it looked like it was done with a machete or axe. Lori was drinking water and looked casual and unaffected. After lunch csi testified that a shovel and pickaxe was found with Tylies blood and fluid on it. She then talked about latent finger prints then dropped a bombshell that Alex Cox finger prints were found on the plastic bag JJ was wrapped in. The whole room rippled and reporters started typing like crazy. Tomorrow Tammy Daybell sister is testifying and I’m going back. During breaks I was talking to authors and pod casters and found out from them Chads lawyer was in the room with us. It’s defense’s turn next week. Lori shows little emotion and writes or doodles ( who knows) a lot. Just a typical psychopath

Old 04-27-2023, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I've been listening to the full audio feeds every evening. Then I may listen to a handful of commentators on youtube.

I also am part of a Facebook group that's been following the case for years. And I check the reddit group and twitter.

Okay, I'm obsessed with this case. I just want justice. I think things are going well so far.
I want justice for Charles too. He seems so forgotten. I hope Lori stands trial in Az too

Old 04-27-2023, 10:27 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
I wish there were such a job as professional juror. I would love that!

Old 05-01-2023, 03:52 PM

I got in the courtroom tomorrow woohoo. I’ll update tomorrow night

Old 05-02-2023, 11:48 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I want justice for Charles too. He seems so forgotten. I hope Lori stands trial in Az too
You, me, and a million others wants justice for them all.
I'm pretty sure Arizona wants to try them both, but Lori is Arizona's most wanted. Gilbert's police dept. was humiliated for their officer's dereliction of duty, and that makes me think that if Arizona can get their hands on Lori, she could face the death penalty there.

Especially after Idaho once found her mentally unfit to stand trial, and then, after treatment, declared her to be of sound mind again, 16 months later.

That makes a plea of insanity impossible, I think.

Old 05-02-2023, 12:07 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
I've been wondering a lot about what was on Tammy Daybell's mind in her last days.

Charles Vallow had notified Tammy her husband was in an affair with his wife by email, but her response to him, if any, is long gone.
Her sister testified Tammy was always the bread winner of their family, the one who made Chad's little publishing company a barely-profitable venture and kept it going, even though it was never a job she wanted for herself. Tammy never wanted to move to Rexburg either, qn thought it to be a bad move for Chad more than for her.

She comes across to me as being in love with him, and was nothing but a dutiful wife who submitted to his wishes. I don't think she would have confronted him with his betrayal. A normal LDS woman who was trapped and surrounded by psychopaths after 30 years of marriage to one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime