Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2020, 09:02 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLessTraveled2015 View Post
In regards to the marriage thing, maybe I was confusing it with something I read about marrying in a temple and sealing a marriage? They said they are sealed to multiple people or unsealed to their dead spouses? I was confused and thought maybe they weren't legally married.

Portals, temples, sealing, doomsday, 144000, deaths, goddesses from other worlds..... Wow.
Yup.
It's Mormon doctrine. A temple seals together a married couple in life and for time and eternity after death. It gets complicated when a spouse dies and the surviving spouse remarries. I'm sure someone in the faith can explain it better than I.

The portal, all the doomsday stuff, and much of all of the other stuff Daybell espoused is a mist-mash of LDS doctrine combined with supernatural stuff that isn't part of the doctrine. And some is completely made up and has no connection to the church doctrine at all.

Daybell was excommunicated from the church for his beliefs a few years ago. Other apocalyptic/end times extremist believers have been excommunicated as well. It's a thin strain of religious belief that has always run in the church, was their official doctrine has some end-of-days stuff in it.

Prophecy is also a main church doctrine. The President of the church is the official Seer and Revelator, who gets his prophecies straight from God, but common members can have revelations as well and can prophesy on lesser matters. The President's prophecies generally deal with major church issues and sometimes, changes in their doctrine.

All this tends to sprout into a common member whose beliefs are growing extreme to believe they have become prophets who have received articles of the true faith. They pop up once in a while, and if they have magnetic personalities and a fairly good way with words, can capture a small group of followers.

Since there is only one official doctrine, and since the President is the official Seer and Revelator, excommunication follows. And then, the prophecies from the splinter group's leader tend to grow increasingly dark and ominous. Daybell's progression was fairly typical, and it didn't go as far as some others have.

That's about all I want to say. A church member can clarify and explain all this better. Half of my family is LDS, but I'm not a member and have never been one, even though I've attended a lot of LDS church meetings all my life since early childhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 04:49 AM

23,874 posts, read 33,587,145 times
Quote:
Did Chad and Lori legally marry? Or was it just a ceremony that has no legal basis? (When a spouse dies, do the courts have to formally declare the surviving spouse a widow or widower?)
Quote:
In regards to the marriage thing, maybe I was confusing it with something I read about marrying in a temple and sealing a marriage? They said they are sealed to multiple people or unsealed to their dead spouses? I was confused and thought maybe they weren't legally married.

Portals, temples, sealing, doomsday, 144000, deaths, goddesses from other worlds..... Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It was a civil ceremony, but it was legal. A local Hawaiian Justice of the Peace hitched them, as I recall.

I have never heard of a court formally declaring a surviving spouse the official survivor of the marriage.
A marriage certificate would take care of that question. The certificate is the official document that makes a marriage legal in the eyes of the law.

But I'm sure there are contested wills and estates where the subject of who was the spouse or not comes up.
Yes, they legally married in Hawaii. Whether Chad brought a death certificate or not isn't something I've seen.

As for the confusing stuff about being sealed, I know nothing about that but suggest reading that 3 part interview by Lori's friend last week. She said Chad felt he and Lori were tied together in other lives.

I'll be shocked if Lori didn't flip on Chad by cutting a deal like my friends bio-daughters adopted father did when he confessed she was buried in their yard; exactly where my friend said years ago. He was hoping to be transferred back to Michigan from Virginia but Alexis's murder happened in 1989, the Virginia one in 1980. We're expecting him to plea again with a case before 1980.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:22 AM

28,100 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Wow is right! I especially like the part about the goddesses from other worlds. That's really creative, even if it has little to do with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:17 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,159,933 times
Some of Tammy's friends are saying she didn't seem quite right in the day or two before her death.

This article also mentions there was a pink foam coming from her mouth, which I don't remember hearing before.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...ver-her-death/

Old 06-12-2020, 05:08 PM

This article has a short video of a guy talking to one of Chad's sons, Garth. Looks like he's taking moving boxes into the house.

He was very friendly. He said "I'd say 'it happens', but it doesn't." LOL

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lows-kids.html

I found it on you tube if you'd rather not go to the dailymail rag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsyxMbYjg-k

Old 06-12-2020, 06:48 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
This article has a short video of a guy talking to one of Chad's sons, Garth. Looks like he's taking moving boxes into the house.

He was very friendly. He said "I'd say 'it happens', but it doesn't." LOL

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lows-kids.html

I found it on you tube if you'd rather not go to the dailymail rag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsyxMbYjg-k
I'm pretty sure the Daybell children are clearing the house out to prepare it for sale.

That makes sense- none of them would want to live in it again after all that has happened. Chad won't ever occupy it again, even if he could.

I have sympathy for those grown Daybell children. This is the kind of thing that can scar a family for generations to come.

Old 06-13-2020, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I'm pretty sure the Daybell children are clearing the house out to prepare it for sale.

That makes sense- none of them would want to live in it again after all that has happened. Chad won't ever occupy it again, even if he could.

I have sympathy for those grown Daybell children. This is the kind of thing that can scar a family for generations to come.
Possible it's been ordered by the judge that the house be put on the market to pay his attorney fees. It happened in another case I follow. Pretty soon after the woman was locked up for murder the judge ordered her house sold.

Old 06-15-2020, 09:41 AM

Colby puts statement on Instagram.

https://www.postregister.com/news/cr...cd3750844.html

Old 06-15-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
Here is his post. How heart breaking. Also heartbreaking to read Colby, age 24, is the last living child of Lori Vallow.

Quote:
"I don't even know how to start this. But to my beautiful, Amazing, sweet angels. The only peace I have is knowing you are in paradise. I'm broken over this. To not see (your) beautiful faces, hear your voices. Or know that I can't hug you or see you kills me. I will never let anyone forget you. I have prayed that I could be with you again, and one day that will be true. I have more love for both of you than you could ever know. I miss you both. I love you both. This seems like a nightmare. It seems unreal. You were taken from all of us. You both touched so many lives. You impacted so many people. That will never go away. Just know I will carry you every day and everywhere I go. My daughter will always know how lucky she is to have you both watching over her. Tylee And Joshua. I will never be able to express my love for you. But know this, I'm still here for you. I will always wish I could have traded places with you. But I'll never let you be forgotten. With all of my love to you both. Forever you're in our hearts."

Old 06-15-2020, 10:13 AM

One of Tylee's best friends talks right before the vigil a few days ago about how Lori was a second mom to her. But she says she used to joke about the end of the world a lot, and suggested one time they should all just go off a cliff together.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...other-her.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime