Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2020, 09:00 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,744 posts, read 58,090,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
.... I wonder if the fact that LE didn't get their hands on Chad's and Lori's phones till a couple months later allowed data to be lost?

I wonder what Lori had on Alex? I wonder why he actually killed children that he knew and interacted with often and apparently loved?
Guessing...
Chad and Lori used Alex as the fall guy, and neither directly participated if any of the murders. (They are way too scheming to get caught / charged with this.). Alex may have had a weakness in standing up against sis (Lori). Doubt if she even gave him a spot in her 144,000. Would be helpful to know a lot more about Alex and Tammy Daybell. Both got dead due to being manipulated by Chad's s scheming. These "controllers" push on to new limits until finally they make a big enough mistake to get caught. Then they will defer blame. They are Masters. I lived with 2, and there was a lot of carnage. Dangerous too! Had my life threatened many times (as a kid and adult). Not pretty, and very tough on spouse ( from a 'normal' family). Intense. Really feel for what JJ and Tylee endured while alive. I hope they were drugged before they were killed. Seems likely since it probably happened at apartment. Someone had info on drugging, as Tammy was doing fine before dying of natural causes...

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 06-21-2020 at 09:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2020, 09:22 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
I don't think law enforcement took any longer than it needed to tie solid evidence to suspicion.

Even from afar, this entire affair is extremely complicated and hard to understand. And that's when some excellent reporting has painted as clear a picture of it all as could be done.

The Rexburg Police Dept. didn't know a single thing about Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow when they were called to do a welfare check. Welfare checks are extremely common and the cops go out all the time on them. Most of them are for shut-ins, old folks living alone, and little kids.

Very very few of them end up in any criminal investigation at all. Most are cleared up in no time.

The Rexburg cops found themselves in a once-in-a-lifetime mystery. For a small town police force, I think they did an exceptional job putting a few essentials together, and once they did, they moved fast with every development.

The Daybells moved extremely quickly. All the events happened in only about 60 days from the time the pair got together for the first time in Rexburg to when they were finally located in Hawaii. And cornered. If the Rebury police had not been prepared with the proper paperwork and sent it to Hawaii, the cops in Kauai couldn't have held them.

They were as careful as they were speedy, and left the police next to nothing to investigate when they took off. None of the things they left was particularly suspicious on its face, either.

But even when there were suspicious events and things, there was almost nothing appeared to be illegal. Marital problems, sudden marriages, family disagreements, and kids mixed up in all that may be messy, but there's nothing criminal in the messes. People do behave badly without committing a crime.

What is so uncommon about everything in this is the chain of events is so strange, so lethal, and so dark it beggars belief. And it was disbelieved by many rational people until the kids were found.

I think the Rexburg cops, the prosecutors, the judges involved, and the FBI all did admirable jobs pursuing the Daybells all the way. They were commissioned to find 1 missing child, quickly discovered another was missing, and they went on the trail as fast as they could.

They made every move with proper caution, never let anything slip, kept their professional discipline, promptly asked for help as soon as they knew they were in over their heads, and never let up until they found the missing kids.

That's more than a lot of much bigger police forces could have done. We all hear of kids who go missing and are never found all the time.

The police were called for the first time on Nov 26, 2019. The kids were found on June 8, 2020.

7 months may seem like a long time to you, Rabbit, but when you think about all the missing kids that are only found 30 years later, please answer this: What could the cops have done any faster?

To me, they were moving extremely fast with great discipline and with high intelligence. Once the Daybells were in their sights, the cops never lost them.

Last edited by banjomike; 06-21-2020 at 09:37 PM..

Old 06-21-2020, 11:28 PM

Rexburg or grandparents should have spent $500 on a crimnal psychologist as soon as more than one death within this complex circle was determined. And Tammy's 'natural death' was very suspect. Anyone studying Chad's teachings and followers would have caught the correlations.

Of course, I am highly appreciative of your police force as I have good friends in Rexburg for 30+ years. And glad they assembled the details they did. But...too many deaths, too fast of a variety of things happening, missing kids (without the usual estranged spouse to follow up on ... LE should have solocited skilled professional help as soon as grandma asked "where are the kids?" This whole scene is so similar to previous LDS splinters, some experienced professional resources from Utah or Illinois would have been invaluable as to formulating a likely scenario.

There are blatant markers in the linked report that indicate the kids had been killed, as they were GONE, and alibis were proven false. That is when you know you are too late for the kids, and you don't "wait' to have your suspects show up in Hawaii. You know their every move. They could have disappeared in many countries, even within the USA if that had been their earnest desire. Glad Chad was overly confident in himself. Will be very interesting to see what sticks. (To him).

Old 06-22-2020, 02:50 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,159,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLessTraveled2015 View Post
CTA = covering their "rears"
LE = law enforcement
MG = Melanie Gibb (who seems to have a bunch of different last names depending what article you read)
I think you're getting Melanie Gibb who is Lori's friend, confused with Melani (no e) who is Lori's niece. I've only heard one last name for Melanie G.

Melani, however, is a Cope (maiden), a Boudreaux (Brandon), and a Pawlowski (Ian).

Old 06-22-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
I think you're getting Melanie Gibb who is Lori's friend, confused with Melani (no e) who is Lori's niece. I've only heard one last name for Melanie G.

Melani, however, is a Cope (maiden), a Boudreaux (Brandon), and a Pawlowski (Ian).
We're talking about Melanie Gibb who is Lori's friend, as per linked police report.

Old 06-22-2020, 06:40 PM

390 posts, read 307,432 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
We're talking about Melanie Gibb who is Lori's friend, as per linked police report.

Oh my... I thought they were the same person. Yes I was getting them mixed up. There are two Melani(e)s???

Old 06-23-2020, 03:29 PM

390 posts, read 307,432 times
https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...-daybell-case/

This should help with keeping track of who is who in this investigation.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:01 PM

Apparently the jail notification system malfunctioned and told everyone that Lori had been released.

Guess the phones rang off the hook.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...-was-a-glitch/

There are several new articles there, if you're interested.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/news/daybell/

Old 06-23-2020, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLessTraveled2015 View Post
https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...-daybell-case/

This should help with keeping track of who is who in this investigation.
They finally got the name of her first husband. Someone has been posting his name in the comments for months and saying that they know his wife. I wonder what took the media so long to post it?

Old 06-26-2020, 12:50 PM

Some podcast sleuths found a satellite photo of Chad and Tammy's property just hours after Tylee is believed to have been buried. You can see some dark areas that indicate recently disturbed dirt which weren't there in the previous photo.

I don't remember reading in the affidavit that the police used this image, but it's very interesting isn't it, what technology can discover.

It's getting harder and harder to get away with crimes.

https://kslnewsradio.com/1927845/sat...childs-burial/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime