Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2020, 06:15 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,158,651 times

Advertisements

One of the detectives testified to the state of the bodies when they were recovered.

I was shocked that JJ was bound in duct tape. I had thought the tape was around the outside of the plastic, but it was actually on him underneath the plastic. The det said his hands were clasped in front of him, and there was duct tape wound from one elbow to the other. When that was removed, they found another piece of tape binding his wrists.

His face and head was taped from chin to forehead. And when they removed that, they found one piece from ear to ear covering his mouth.

Why would they need to bind a 7 year old child like that? I so hope this was post mortem. The alternative is horrifying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2020, 11:00 AM

They're about to play a phone call between Lori and Chad while law enforcement was searching the property the day they found the kids. If you hurry you can listen at ein or on Court TV. Should be good!

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...court-hearing/

Old 08-04-2020, 11:57 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
One of the detectives testified to the state of the bodies when they were recovered.

I was shocked that JJ was bound in duct tape. I had thought the tape was around the outside of the plastic, but it was actually on him underneath the plastic. The det said his hands were clasped in front of him, and there was duct tape wound from one elbow to the other. When that was removed, they found another piece of tape binding his wrists.

His face and head was taped from chin to forehead. And when they removed that, they found one piece from ear to ear covering his mouth.

Why would they need to bind a 7 year old child like that? I so hope this was post mortem. The alternative is horrifying.
I hope so too.
Since JJ was known to be a very active child, called a 'handful' by everyone who knew him, I think it's possible that the wrapping was done post-mortem; it would be a way to shut the little bugger up for once and all after he was dead.
A way of burning off the adrenaline rage. What kind of suffering did Tylee undergo?

But the real question is: was Alex Cox a murderer or was he a monster? I have no answer for that one, and so far, no one has asked that question. I suspect it will never be asked, and those who know won't ever reveal their answers.

The biggest monsters all lived to go to trial is what I think.

Old 08-05-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

I agree with that.

Melanie G said that Alex honestly believed all the cult stuff was coming from Jesus himself.

Old 08-05-2020, 06:39 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,976,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I hope so too.
Since JJ was known to be a very active child, called a 'handful' by everyone who knew him, I think it's possible that the wrapping was done post-mortem; it would be a way to shut the little bugger up for once and all after he was dead.
A way of burning off the adrenaline rage. What kind of suffering did Tylee undergo?

But the real question is: was Alex Cox a murderer or was he a monster? I have no answer for that one, and so far, no one has asked that question. I suspect it will never be asked, and those who know won't ever reveal their answers.

I'm really perplexed (and needless to say horrified) by ALL the duct tape and ALL the bagging. Why in the world? That's a lot of work and is excessive. I hope he wasn't tortured, suffocated or, worse, buried alive.

If it WAS Alex (or it's concluded that it was), I guess we'll never know.

Old 08-06-2020, 04:40 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I'm really perplexed (and needless to say horrified) by ALL the duct tape and ALL the bagging. Why in the world? That's a lot of work and is excessive. I hope he wasn't tortured, suffocated or, worse, buried alive.

If it WAS Alex (or it's concluded that it was), I guess we'll never know.
I learned after I posted the JJ's body showed signs he was gagged and his mouth was taped shut.

So he could have suffered, I think. I'm also fairly sure Tylee suffered as well, and may have known what was coming.

I think the evidence showed she died first by quite a few days. At 16, Tylee was already semi-independent, and she was old enough to have some suspicions over the events that followed after Lori moved them to Idaho.
She was the greater danger to Lori and her plans, if so, that's why she was the first to die.

I watched and listened to the videos that were released by the judge, and I realized there was a lot more that was said in court than what was revealed in Chad's pre-trial hearing.

It makes me think that the court is planning to nail Chad and Lori on the charges they have first, then lay the grounds for further charges once both are in prison. Lori is so fast to flee that's probably a very wise decision.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:40 PM

Lori waived her prelim this morning. She was bound over to District Court.

Old 11-08-2020, 07:52 AM

Finally, some new info in this case. They have released a recording of Lori giving a sermon to a group of like minded souls. She says she found justification for murder in some of the mormon church writings, saying if someone comes at you 3 times it's okay to kill them, and that she had thought about murdering Joe Ryan.

There's lots more articles at EIN since the last one I linked to here, if you're interested in reading a ton of material, but IIRC this is the first one with actual new info.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/1...third-husband/

Old 11-08-2020, 07:57 AM

Link to all Daybell articles at EIN.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/news/daybell/

Old 11-08-2020, 09:39 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Thanks for posting Lee. I read some of the 1st article then stopped. She's a nut case!

I'm glad to see all of the articles on the main page. Lori is ok with having a trial with Chad but he objects to it lol Both are away for life, what does it matter?

Last edited by Roselvr; 11-08-2020 at 10:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime